Starting afresh!

Pootle

Silver Member
My mission to eat more super free.
Put on last week so am trying two things, slightly less syns and way more super free with each meal.
Breakfast was yoghurt with blueberries, strawberries and banana.
Lunch was baked potato with beans and a bowl of salad on the side because I can't stand it when bean sauce gets on the salad! Pineapple and mango fruit salad afterwards.
Dinner was a small cod fillet stir fried with a massive pile of sliced runner beans, served with rice and a little bit of sweet and sour sauce (approx 3 syns, whole pack is 6.5 and it was slightly less than half)
had two Alpen light cherry bake wells as a snack mid morning and will have an orange later.
Weighed myself just now when I got home from work and I've lost a pound and a half of what I put on and that was in the evening so hopefully, it'll be all gone plus maybe a bit more by next weigh in on Monday.

At an education conference tomorrow, no idea what the lunch will be. Think I might make a salad to take with me in case it is all sandwiches with Mayo or deep fried spring rolls, quiches etc. which is the usual food on offer at these buffet type things.
Made myself a 'Rocky road' bar by warming 2 choc fudge Alpen lights in the microwave (hex b) and chopping up a Flump (2.5 syns) and flattening it into a bar shape. Silly really but I'm quite pleased with this little concoction. Will have it at tea break tomorrow.
Will also take a pot of fruit salad. Hope people don't think I'm weird pulling all these things out of my bag instead of eating what they are eating from the buffet.

Didn't need to eat my prepared lunch as the food was amazing! There was cold beef, ham, salmon, green salad, tomatoes. Then, and I avoided all of this! Chinese beef and chicken with egg fried rice! Mayo covered pasta, pesto pasta, coleslaws etc. And the cakes.... Well, they looked amazing! I am so pleased with myself though, I only put free food on my plate and avoided everything else! Hooray!

Well done pootle...work functions are just the worst!!! Looking how your week is going so far you're well on the way to a loss on monday

Thanks Strawberryshortcake, oh, I do hope so! I was so defeated when I put on last week? I know what I did to make it happen and I've only got myself to blame but it is still disappointing because there's always a part of you that lives in hope that maybe, just maybe, all those little tiny bits extra and over, won't make a difference at weigh in. Of course they do and did!
Actually, I'm really looking forward to Monday, I'm excited to see a loss. There'd better be a loss, I've been so good!!

Looking good so far. Good that they had food you could eat.

Well, weigh in tomorrow morning...have been really, really good all week. Hadd a little slip today (ate a piece of cake and several strawberry Bon bons) but, have been saving between 5 and 10 syns each day so hopefully this won't do any damage.

1.25lbs down from last week. Not as much as I hoped but there we go. Late night tonight at school but had put a beef stew in slow cooker yesterday so was prepared. Hopefully another good week will promote a bigger loss next week.

Back