Extra Easy Starting again and in need of some friends!

buttercup25

Hi everyone,

I originally started Slimming World about 2 years ago and lost about a stone and a half on the EE plan. Loved the plan and my group but then moved away, started a new job and couldn't find the time to get back to a group again. Had been kidding myself that I could just keep going without really tracking what I was eating but at Christmas I weighed myself again and realised I'm actually a couple of stone heavier now than I was when I first started. No idea how I didn't see it piling on but since new year have just felt helpless! I know the plan and I still have my books but I'm feeling like losing 3-4 stone is an impossible task, especially when I can't get to meetings.

I found this site completely by accident trying to find syn values online and I'm hoping having a place to talk to people will help. If anyone has any advice to boost my motivation or get me feeling a bit more positive I'd really appreciate it! It seems like you all have a really supportive community here :)

What a lucky accident! This is an amazing site, I find it so useful and helpful as everyone is so friendly and always ready to offer advice and support. I'm starting again after a couple of months off plan (not for any real reason, just lost my motivation and willpower combined with laziness and delusional thoughts like 'no one can see how overweight I really am' etc.) have put on a few pounds that I'd managed to lose but have too many clothes that I can't get into at the moment so enough is enough, back to it!
There are plenty of potential friends on here so make the most of it and good luck!

Welcome, buttercup! As Pootle said, what a lucky accident! :) Make sure you have a good old trawl through all the various threads on here (it'll take you ages!), there's something for everyone. I think Minis is absolutely brilliant! There's always someone who can answer your queries or give you the boost you need. Even if you want a good old moan - feel free! We all do it from time to time. Never hesitate to ask about anything you need help with and with all the support this fantastic group gives, you'll soon be losing the weight and feeling positive about yourself. Good luck! :)

Kathy x

Welcome :)

I've found this site very helpful so lucky you indeed! Here for moral support xx

Thank you all :) I've found in the past that a daily food diary really helps me. Do you have somewhere on the site where you share food diaries every day or a site you link to to keep track? I can't afford to join SW online again at the moment and I really miss the food diary there!

Welcome buttercup, kettles on, make ya self comfy my lovely xx

Hi buttercup :welcome:

Like choko said, there is a food diary section and if you do start one, post the link on here and I'll sub for support xx

Hi buttercup, welcome to mini's :)

this is a lovely forum, there's always someone here to chat to and I find it really helps me stay on track.

Good luck with getting back on the plan, there's lots of us in the same boat, I lost 5st in 2011 and put 2st back on again, so restarted in Jan this year :)

Thank you all :) I've found in the past that a daily food diary really helps me. Do you have somewhere on the site where you share food diaries every day or a site you link to to keep track? I can't afford to join SW online again at the moment and I really miss the food diary there!
Just scrolled through this eBay sell a food diary book for about £5 with a years worth of food diaries in if this is of any help

Back