• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Starting (again!) and would like some support!

Hi,

I found this website by accident last night, but am so glad I did! Every one seems realy friendly :)

I went to Alton Towers at the weekend, and I had to leave one of the rides due to my size. I felt pretty uncomfortable on most of the rides anyway, but clearly the restraint was never going to get over me! It was mainly to do with my chest size, as I am an F - more like an FF if I'm honest, but still, it was very embarrasing and I need to do something about it!

I have just started seeing someone too and so would like to gain some more confidence, and Summer is coming up, so maybe the Alton Towers incident was a good kick up the backside!

So, I'm hoping to keep a diary on here, as a way of motivating myself, and hopefully having some support too!

I have just been to the shops to get a lot of new, healthy food, and so I feel like I am in the right mind now!

I'll be trying to find my way around the site, and will try to add some sort of signature with my stats soon!

Sarah x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Hi Sarah
well done on finding minis and making your first post

you are right everyone is really friendly on here

keep posting to get the privileges to do a siggy post personal messages and do an avatar - etc

really hope your journey is a smooth one with not too many scenic detours :):)

H xx

Thanks for the reply!

It is so scary seeing it all on paper but I feel realy determined at the moment.

I am a student, and so have very little money. I have bought some food but really struggle to think of decent things to take to college with me.

My plan at the moment is to have a yoghurt in the morning and a banana on my way to college so that I don't get too hungry!

Then I have either cousous with dried apricots and ham for lunch, or salad and pitta bread with low fat guacamole. I think dinner will mainly be jacket potatoes - with tuna or spaghetti.

My main problem is snacking so I will try to be in control of this!

I can't afford the gym or swimming pool, but I live near the beach so will be making the most of this. I have set up a dance playlist so will try to dance and do exercises in my room. I have a Wii Fit but it is in the lounge so only feel comfortable doing this when no-one else is around!

Oh living near the beach I am so jealous - and so would my dogs be they love a wander along the beach

well for lunches get yourself a food flask and take home made soups
research was done that shows soup keeps you fuller for longer
and a nice veggie soup is low in cals too -
I also make a slimming world type quiche
I mix eggs with a tub of low fat cottage cheese and I mix that through some veggies (latest faves are asparagus with mushroom and leek)
then just shove it in the over and you have a crustless quiche - great with salad and even chips :):)

Well I have an easter egg
but I dont want the chocolate I just love the mug - got one for my daughter and wanted one for me too so dh put it in the trolley
hopefully the egg will be eaten by others :):)
but who knows
H xx

I am off to bed shortly - good luck tomorrow :)

I know how you feel about not fitting on a ride at Alton Towers. I had that when I went there and I felt so stupid for some reason that i'd let myself get this big. That was a turning point for me.

Hope you find the posts on here really great, It definately inspires me to not eat bad things and go off plan. I hope it does the same for you

Good luck xx

Thanks!

Today I had:

Breakfast: Low fat yoghurt (130 kcal) and banana (110 kcal)

Lunch: Pitta bread (150kcal), guacamole (70kcal), 10 cherry tomatoes (44kcal) and an apple (50kcal)

Dinner: Couscous (180kcal), salad cheese (37kcal) and some ham (30kcal)

Snack: Gingerbread rabbit (guessing about 200kcal - being generous in case!) and a WW bar (78kcal)

So, that is a total of only 1079 kcal!

I think I should probably eat some more, as I am sure that is too few calories to have?

Any thoughts?!

yes it is too few - the odd day like that wont hurt but it wont do you any good to have to many of them
you could always have a milky coffee if you want to up the calories

Well so far I have eaten the same today - a bit hungry but I expect I will get used to it!

I did a 50 minute exercise video last night too which was good, so will try to do that a few times a week.

It was a hard day as creme eggs were being handed out for free, as well as lots of people sharing eggs - but I managed to resist and was very proud!

Hope you are having a gd day

I know what you mean about the chocolate - my friend came into work yesterday with some thorntons chocolates for me - I opened them sniffed them but truly didnt fancy them - not like me at all
so they are here at home still unstarted :):)

I go to the gym three times a week
tomorrow I am off to the salon to have my hair cut - how much do you think I will loose :):):)

Oh that would be brilliant if hair cuts counted!

I have just had dinner, after doing an hour of exercise, and am only on about 1100 calories... I don't know if I should leave it at that, or have something to boost it. I don't want to eat more than I need to, but want to do it properly and don't want eating to little to affect it! Not sure if that makes sense...!