Starting again for the zillionth time - how do i not fail AGAIN

hpops

Hi

I'm starting my diet again and I've failed sooooo many times for about 7 years!!

I just don't feel like I can cope without comfort food. I feel really low and don't know what to do with myself!!

I don't know what I'm expecting anybody on here to do about it!!!

Just thought I'd post.

Just had a horrible row with my husband which doesn't help :(

Very sad :(

Sorry to hear about your row! It must be really hard to get around to thinking about dieting with that hanging over your head :-( I'm starting exante tomorrow - I'm sick of being frumpy, it doesn't help that my partner is a total gym freak either!! You can do it, it isn't permanent - just a means to an end :) x

Totally agree, with smiler up there, just think how wonderful you will feel as each pound flops off... I know it sounds drastic but go to the butcher and ask him to vac pack a pound of pig fat for you and put it in the fridge... Every time you see it it'll put you right off and also you can see how much a pound is too and then you know how fantastically you are doing! It'll get better, forget about the row, it can only serve as an excuse to deviate and you don't need that right now!

Take care :)

Pkpoo7 that's an amazing idea! I'd never thought if that - just seeing how much a pound is would give you such a sense of achievement when you continue to loose pounds!! X

Yes hpops, please don't be disheartened.
you've posted on here so you obviously want to lose the weight.
ive been dieting since 2002 and it's a constant battle.
my tactic this time around? To actually aim for sensible weight loss each week, ONLY go on the scales ONCE a week and do some gentle exercise.
in the past, I've done the VLCD but never taught myself to eat sensibly when I've finished it and never complete all the stages.
come on,we're here for you....

Ahhh thanks guys :)

Well I managed to stick to it for one day - which sounds kinda pathetic but there have been plenty of times when I haven't even managed that!!!!

Thanks for the tip about the 1lb of fat - what a great idea!!

Manages to drag myself to water aerobics for the first time in ages too!!

I think I'm going to buddy up with someone who is starting their journey of this forum and hopefully that might help me keep on track.

Thanks again x x

Loving the idea of the pig fat in the fridge.........definite motivation there!!!

You are not failing! Do you not get back up and try and try again? That is perseverance my dear, you may not have found your way or reached your goal yet but you are by not means giving up, ergo you have not failed! It took for my husband of 20 years to let slip a remark about something only just being comfortable for him for me to realise that even he saw me as fat :-( That was what kick started this renewed effort (lost count of how many times I've restarted). I know I won't ever get to a size 12, but I will keep trying and I will lose some weight, will probably be right back here after next Christmas and it'll take me five months to get my butt in gear but I will never, ever quit my fight against food! I'm trying a VLCD non food diet, see if that can kick the cravings - day 4, 7lb down, no hunger, no cravings, so far so good (I'm making the most of it while it lasts!) xxxxx

I am definitely up for a buddy up situation, all my friends are micro thin so they really don't get it! Well done for keeping going today! :)

You'd also be amazed at how much a pound looks like in fat form!!! It's huge! So then every time you lose a pound you can see how much good you will do yourself if you just keep going x

And how is day two going? Great about the aerobics and great intentions. Sometimes I think, just tackle one thing at a time. You don't want to go all out for weight loss and then expect something unrealistic.
keep it up!

Back