Starting AGAIN!!!! Need Christmas countdown buddies :)

Becca1507

Hi all

well, i've lost count how many times i've tried to loose weight but as always this will be the time i do it :).

To cut a long story short, I lost about 5 stone when I left school (16 years ago) on slimming world, and bit by bit some of its crept back on. I am I have to admit obsessed with my weight now and desperate to get it off, but I really seem to struggle with motivation. I can be really good all week, but come the weekends I blow all my good work!!!

I have a Christmas goal of loosing 10lb if I can (trying to be realistic) and am going to start the old WW points system as of tomorrow. i could do with some buddies to countdown with me so we can support each other. I know we can do it together girls (and boys), just need some extra support some times.

I am trying to be so motivated - I did a failed IVF cycle back in Sept and put over a stone on which means I STILL cant fit into hardly any of my clothes so wear the same old things time and time again - its depressing, and I refuse to buy a bigger size because I am determined to get back into my clothes.

Anyone like to join me on a Christmas Countdown - we've got 5 weeks to do the best we can. So pleeeeeeeeeeeease come a join me

Love and lots of luck to everyone

xxx

Last edited:
Hey hun - I've got a lot to lose but have a mini target of 10 lb by Xmas - I could use some motivation too!!

Bry ;)

Hi Bry, let try together then shall we hun. I dont think it matters how much you have or haven't got to loose its how you feel about yourself. I grew up being the fat kid at school and was bullied constantly for it, then also bullied by my first hubby - I could be a size 10 (which I am no where near :)), and I think i'd still feel huge. Am trying to deal with it though bit by bit.

We just have to set ourselves something to spur us on I guess - i've bought a dress which is too small at the mo, but I love it so i've hung it up where it reminds me every day xxx

Count me in :) I have just started discover again after a disastrous year on propoints. I spent last week getting used to points again and had a blow out today :rolleyes: but I'm determined now to work towards Christmas. I went shopping at the weekend and I bought a gorgeous dress so I want to wear that Christmas Eve. I probably won't get 10lbs as I've only lost 4lbs since Jan. Like I said it was a disastrous time on propoints. But I'd love to get 5lbs off between now and Christmas Eve.

Welcome ' uptheduff', the more the merrier. I cant believe how quickly Christmas is coming around! i've been back on the plan since Monday and so far have managed to stick to my 20 points. Its not been easy though, its suprising how easily you could go over your allowance. Doesn't help that hubby is off work after having surgery and yesterday his mum brought round 4 huge Chocolate chip muffins, a big bag of Crisps, 2 packets of wine gums, a bag of fruit pastiles, and 2 big cartons of chocolate milkshake!!!!! Torture
x

yeah...i'll definately join you. I do exactly the same thing as you - good all week then Bam... blow it at the weekend. Need to be strong & stay motivated. x

Hi Toni

Am so pleased you're joining us :)

Ladies - what days do you weigh in? Just thought i'd keep a general list maybe with our progress from this week :). I weight myself at home so will make Saturday morning my weigh in day.

Toni starts the list with a fab 2lb loss :) - well done you

x

Count me in :) i started the ww pro points on Monday and i weighed 11.7.8. I can't wait till the week is over to see if its working. I would love to lose at least 7 pounds by xmas so it will be great to do it with other people :)

Thanks Becca thats really motivated me :)...
My husband is sitting eating lovely choc biscuits & i'm staying strong but Bah.... its tough isnt it girls (& boys). off for a herbal tea I think x

Thanks Becca. I've been really good with staying within points, its when I go out with friends that I struggle. I'm not going to my meetings again until after Christmas as I want to kick start my weight loss again without forking out a tenner each week. So think I might go with Friday mornings to weigh myself as Fridays always seem to be my worse nights.

Morning ladies

How is everyone today?

Welcome Suzanne - nice to have you join us hun :)

Is everyone still on track. i have suprised myself this morning, I got on the scales for a sneaky peak and its definately gone down. i wont post how much until Saturday as you know how it can fluctuate, but fingers crossed.

Before I forget girls, if I dont post on the weekend apologies - our router at home is a bit ancient so we are waiting for a new one to come. We called talktalk last night and they've said it could be up to 5 days!!!!!!!!

Will try to get list generated at lunch time today ...........

until then ......................... just remember that thinner feels better than cake tastes :)

Love you all xxx

Hi ladies

hope you've had good mornings.

To keep track here we go:

Bry

Uptheduff

Toni (wk 1) -2lb :)

Suzanne

Becca

Weigh in days are:
Becca: Saturday
Uptheduff: Friday
Suzanne:
Toni:
Bry:

Last edited:
My weigh in day is on monday so fingers crossed :)

Updated :). Good luck for tomorrow morning Bry :)

Bry

Uptheduff

Suzanne

Becca

Weigh in days are:
Suzanne: Monday
Toni:
Bry:

my weigh-in day is Tuesday. Kept to the eating plan & feel good so far. keep going everyone It will be all worth it :) x

Morning ladies

How is everyone doing? Are we all staying on track?? I nearly slipped up yesterday - went to a garden centre to look at Christmas decorations (woo hoo :), and when we went for coffee mum and hubby both had a gooey cake. I was going to have one but by the time the waitress came round I just kept thinking about my Christmas dress and imagining myself like the mitchelin man in it - it did the trick, I didn't have cake :). And, have weighed this morning and lost 3 1/2 lb in my first week. Can I get a woop woop. Am so pleased. i've tried all the faddy diets under the sun and couldn't shift the podge, but this last week i've been eating properly on WW and its going. You're turn next Suzanne and Toni, am sure you'll have good losses on Mon and Tuesday :).

Bry

Uptheduff

Suzanne

Becca (wk1) -3 1/2 lb :)

Weigh in days are:
Suzanne: Monday
Toni: Tuesday
Bry:

Hope you all have a good weekend - stay focussed girls :)

Hugs to everyone xx

Hi guys,
I know I'm a bit late in picking up this thread but can I join in please?
I am an avid ww fan, having lost 2stone previously. But that was before I got married...!
I now really need some team motivation to try to lose 8lbs before Christmas!
Thanks
Karen x

Just a quickie girls as should have started work by now (will write more at lunch and update list). Just wanted to say well done UPtheduff :). And, Welcome Karen, of course you can join us :) - what day do you weigh hun

Speak (well write) later xxx

Hi all,

Well done everyone so far on your weight loss journeys :)

Weighed myself today and i've lost 4 pounds :) i'm soo happy that i've actually found a diet/life style choice that actually works :) This site has really helped as its helped with motivation and shows you that your not on your own :)

Back