Starting again - need to do this for my wedding!

Thanks I've found it and joined :)

you could have today as a red day and your wholemeal roll could be your 2nd healthy b plus a syn or two depending how big it was. I'm just getting my head around red and green, it's good at lowering your syns though if you like bread like me x

Thank you, that did cross my mind actually as I remembered reading that you get 2 HEXbs on red/green days (can never remember which!). Still not sure how those days work though and what you can eat on them, it seems really complicated! What do you have for dinner etc on a red day? x

Yay well done hun and well done on your stone award :clap:

Good luck with the March Challenge. I'm hoping to win my March Challenge, I failed the February one but it was my own fault for setting it so high.xx

Thanks hun, good luck with yours too, lol yep that's why I ended up going for 6lb rather than 8lb hehe xx

As usual I have had a fairly naughty weekend although I have been good today. We ended up ordering a pizza on Friday night! Although I only had a couple of slices.

Just to confuse things I've decided I'm actually going to stick with daily syns rather than a weekly allowance. I know I know, indecisive! I was just getting too confused. Might try it again in a couple of weeks but for now I'm just going to stick with staying within my syns and keep up with going to the gym (I went this morning :) ). When I try to change too many things I just end up getting confused!

So yes Friday ended up being a bit bad and then I won't lie, yesterday wasn't great either. I went round my Dad's in the afternoon and hadn't eaten so ended up snacking on a couple of things. Dinner was fairly good though, we had diet coke chicken with egg noodles and stir fry veg, and SW chips with mayflower curry sauce. So the only syn there was the curry sauce which was about 3 syns. After that we had some Galaxy choccie though, oops! However in my defence OH went food shopping and treated me to a bottle of wine, and I didn't have any of it! I'm going to just save it and will probably end up having it next week instead lol!

Today's food -

Breakfast - Mullerlight as a quick thing before I went to the gym, then when I got back I had a chocolate orange hifi bar (HEXb) and a milky coffee (HEXa and 1 syn for sugar)

Dinner - We didn't have lunch and just had our dinner early afternoon instead, we had roast beef (free), mash (1 syn for butter), lots of veg (superfree) and a tiny little yorkshire pud, 2 syns. 1 syn for gravy. Then a little snack size bar of Ripple, 4.5 syns.

I really fancied some of the hifi bars so I ordered some from ebay! The choc orange ones have arrived, they're a pack of 3, I put them in the cupboard, got home from the gym and Neil had eaten one! He got a right earful for that lol! I've got some others coming, can't remember which flavour now. I thought I'd get them though as it means I can have my chocolate fix without always having to use syns! :) I really really want to try some of the rocky road ones xx

Haha uh-oh what did you have? x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Started off when i got in from work fri, 2 beers and a bottle of wine. Followed by a takeout curry. Sat was more wine..and yet another curry. Today another bottle of wine, birthday cake, roast dinner ......so yeah pretty bad!!

Ah but did you enjoy it? Sod it, we all need a blowout every now and then :) I somehow managed to resist the wine but it's going to be calling me all week now til next weekend! I can hear it now calling me to the fridge lol! X

I forgot to update properly about the gym. As I said last week I didn't go because I was feeling so crappy! So I was a bit worried about whether I'd really struggle this morning after not going for over a week but actually I was ok. Still trying to up my running distance.. I said last time (after I did 1.5k) that I'd try 2k next time but after not going for over a week I didn't know if I was being a bit ambitious so I did 1.6k this morning. I feel really daft now after seeing other people's posts about them running a lot further lol! But oh well I am going to keep upping it every week until I get to that 5k!

Saw my friend at the gym who introduced me to planking.. Oh. My. God. How are you meant to hold that for one minute? I managed about 5 seconds! It felt like it was doing something though so I'll keep trying that! I think as well as going to the gym I'm going to try and do a little bit at home too. I've got some little 2kg weights somewhere so will maybe do something with them. But yeah I think I'll try some planking and crunches at home, sort this belly out and give myself the best possible shot of wearing a bikini on holiday!

I enjoyed it at the time...now feel rundown and dehydrated!

Ooh let me know how u get on with planking. Try increase your time everytim you plank!

I enjoyed it at the time...now feel rundown and dehydrated!

Ooh let me know how u get on with planking. Try increase your time everytim you plank!

Going to try it again later - will let you know how I get on :)

Good morning hun, how are you?
Hope you've drawn a nice line under your naughty weekend :) xx

I’m good thanks hun apart from it being Monday and being back at work, argh! Feeling pretty shattered too as I was up quite a bit in the night with my little boy as he’s poorly. How are you? I will have a proper catch up with diaries etc in a bit on my break xx

Monday again! I’m feeling soooo tired today, I was just about to get in bed last night and Jake woke up crying. I went in to get him and he was really hot, burning up. I took him downstairs and we just sat and cuddled for a bit until he was sleepy again, I managed to get him back in his cot without waking him too much, went to get in bed and Lilly had got in my side of the bed! Cheeky monkey! So that was me on the sofa for the night! Jake woke another couple of times so I’m needing matchsticks for my eyes today. He’s at his grandad’s today, too poorly for preschool. I felt awful leaving him this morning but I know he’s fine there, I’ve told them to phone me if need be.

Today’s food:

Breakfast – Porridge (Oat so simple sachet) and milk, sliced banana (HEXb, HEXa and sf)

Snacks – 2 chocolate fingers, 3 syns (oops)

Not sure what’s for dinner yet, Monday night is usually gym night (though that will depend how Jake is later) so something quick, possibly chilli. I was going to cook it last night so all we have to do is heat it up but I didn’t get round to it! I’m going to keep lunch nice and syn free (or I might get some of the bbq chicken I like from Tesco if I go on my lunch break, but that’s only half a syn) then tonight’s treat will be a mini ripple at 4.5 syns so today’s syns should hopefully only be 7.5/8 if I’m good and stick to it.. xx

Edit: just adding rest of food:

Lunch – baked potato and beans (free/ss)

Dinner – I tried a recipe from here, ‘saucy sausage pasta’ – it was yummy! I used 6 Asda low fat sausages (1.5 syns each) and this was split between me and Neil so 4.5 syns for me.

Snacks – Snack size ripple 4.5 syns

Total syns = 12

So syns did end up being more but I don't really mind as it was part of a meal rather than 'naughty' things and still under 15 so not too bad :) xx

Last edited:
I'm good thanks, been mega busy this last week so I am hoping to slow down a bit now for a couple of days.
Sorry to hear you're little ones poorly, poorly kids in the night is never a good start to the day. Hope he's feeling better soon.xx

Thanks, not sure what's wrong with him, he was SO hot! Hopefully it's just a cold, he was feeling so sorry for himself this morning though. Didn't touch his breakfast, he normally loves his food. Hope you manage to get a nice chilled couple of days xx

Hi hope your little boy is feeling better? my one year old son had a very high temperature last week and just slept all day it was very worrying but after 24 hours he was back to himself.

Yesterdays dinner sounds amazing, I'll have to see if I can find it on here.

Thanks, not sure what's wrong with him, he was SO hot! Hopefully it's just a cold, he was feeling so sorry for himself this morning though. Didn't touch his breakfast, he normally loves his food. Hope you manage to get a nice chilled couple of days xx

Ah bless him. I hope he's feeling better now. Hope you're ok and having a good day.xx

Hey Hun

Hope your doing well, looks like you haven't been on in a few days. Xx

Hey Hun

Hope your doing well, looks like you haven't been on in a few days. Xx

Hi hun hope you're OK? Thanks, I've not had chance to update for a few days, been feeling really poorly again so I've just been coming home from work, getting the kids sorted then going to bed myself! Going to take Lilly to school then come home and do a proper update. Will update my weight in a min though xx

Ah hun, sorry to hear you're still not feeling good. Hope you're feeling better soon.xx

Thanks hun just can't seem to shake off this cold/cough! Felt better for a couple of days then felt flippin awful the last few days again. I really could have done with staying off work and going back to bed but sadly it's the busiest time of the month at work at the mo and my team mate at work (we are a team of 2 lol!) has gone to Australia for a month so things need doing! Oh well I'm off today as I don't work Fridays so fingers crossed should be OK again by Monday xx

Back