Starting calorie counting tomorrow

mudbabe

Fitness Freak!
Hi. I'm moving over here from a vlcd. I've never really had to diet before as I'm a fitness fanatic, but a nasty injury this year meant I couldn't train for 3mths and just ate instead, leading to me gaining a shocking 3st!!:eek:

I was getting on really well on Exante, but my grandad (who I was closer to than I am to my parents) died a few weeks ago and I lost the plot and haven't yet managed to get back on track. I don't think it has helped that his body has gone for medical research (which I am pleased about as he was adamant it was what he wanted) but has meant there has not been a funeral meaning a strange, open-ended grieving process.

Anyway, I have decided to have a go at counting calories for a bit, and maybe go back to Exante at some point.

I am planning on counting 1000cals a day to include fruit, but to have veg and soya milk freely, so aiming for around 1200cal a day, and see how it goes for a week.

Thank you.

Aww, sorry you've had such a hard time, you should have your own funeral and then everyone still gets to say goodbye.

Welcome and good luck with calorie counting.

xxx

Thanks everyone. I'm currently tucking in to my first calorie counted bowl of porridge!

Sorry to hear about the bad time you have been having. Please take it slow and be gentle with yourself as you are still grieving I'm sure. Good luck!

Sorry to hear about your Grandad mudbabe and good luck on your journey xx

Hi Mudbabe. Sorry about your Grandad.

Your calorie counting sounds like a good plan - good luck

Aw thank you all. Actually I was just talking about him, he was amazing xxx

BTW my avatar is him with me at my brother's wedding in April, the last time I saw him and so some wonderful memories.

Hi mudbabe. What a lovely picture that is, really lovely. It is nice you have that and the memories. So sorry for your loss though. Like everyone has said, be gentle with yourself. It must be a very hard time for you.

And of course good luck with calorie counting. Just wondering if you are able to exercise now? I would hate having a bad injury like that after my new ventures into exercise (though I am still not fit at all!).

And porridge - yum. :) I make mine with oats, milk, a drizzle of honey and some low fat yoghurt. Should probably get some fruit in there someday.

Wishing you luck!

Back