Starting Calorie counting

shrinkingannie

Gold Member
I'm very excited about finishing my journey in here. I tried calorie counting once before and I couldn't stick to it, but I kinda got stuck in a rut where I had no faith in myself at all and always saw myself failing so I couldn't stick to anything. But doing lipotrim has given me some self belief, if I can eat nothing for five weeks I can eat moderately too and it is so much nicer too. I stopped lipotrim on my doctors advice, but I do feel better in myself so I don't mind if this is slower. I've joined MFP and I'm on 1200 calories a day. I'll prob eat the same stuff initially till I get into the swing of it. Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

Good luck Annie- if you can hack a VLCD calorie counting will be a breeze for you :)

What kind of things do you like to eat?

Hi thanks for the welcome. I like everything - literally, except celery. Carbs have been a bit of an issue for me in the past, ie I find it hard to stop at 1 piece bread, cracker, chocolate. So I'm planning each day as this makes it easier for me, also I've discovered I don't like having dinner every day so about 3 days a week I'll have soup and pitta or something similar and that is easier on the cals iykwim.

Hi Annie :)
I've just downloaded the Mfp app and I'm on 1200 too.
I did a vlcd from April to July lost 3 stone but have put on 2 stone since stopping. :(
I've never done calorie counting before but with the Mfp I'm hoping to succeed :)
Have a long way to go (4 stone to lose) so I'll be around this site a lot. :)
I'm starting tomorrow..(Wednesday) x

donnamarie said:
I've never done calorie counting before but with the Mfp I'm hoping to succeed :)

Before july I'd never tried calorie counting either but with the aid of mfp to keep me on track I've managed to lose weight & learnt to eat sensibly. If your serious about wanting to lose weight and honest with yourself about everything you eat then you will succeed :)

Good luck x

Clanger72 said:
Before july I'd never tried calorie counting either but with the aid of mfp to keep me on track I've managed to lose weight & learnt to eat sensibly. If your serious about wanting to lose weight and honest with yourself about everything you eat then you will succeed :)

Good luck x

Thank you.
Yes I'm serious I'm tracking everything on Mfp.
Only day 1 today but I'm feeling good positive and in control :)

Back