Starting Cambridge.. 1st meeting with counsellor this Thursday!

kristin said:
I go to meet my consultant tomorrow to start, I need to shift this weight and have tried loads of diets, my problem is I just love food too much so I'm gonna try my best on this diet to shift as much as I can because my cousin done it and lost loads of weight and looks gorgeous, lost her baby belly and everything, has anyone got any tips to help me stay on track? And what's the best shakes to get? Any one recommend the porridge or bars? X

Hiya :) kristin
It seems that 90% of the people on here think the porridge sucks lol!! I can't eat the bars cause don't think they dissolve in my mouth! But I know others that like them! I have the ready made shakes which I love!!! And have a soup to try but not yet tried any!! Good luck x

Yeah to be fair everyone likes different things x so it's really hard to say xx

When i started i tried every flavour shake and soup. I have never liked porridge so didn't think it was worth trying. My taste buds keep changing though. The water intake is hard if you aren't used to it. I am not a huge water drinker but if you are determined to do this you will do it. Good luck

Thanks, I think I'm gonna just stick to the shakes for the first week and see how it goes. Yes I am determined, I need to make sure I stick to it because my weight is really getting to me lately, I'm 5'5 and 11,5 I want to loose 2 stone but I'm worried if I don't have a big loss in my first week I will give up x

Don't give up! I feel the same, that if at my first weigh in next week I haven't lost loads then it might dishearten me and I'll cave in.. But a loss is a loss, regardless of the number, and any loss is better than turning back to the dark side of junk food & gaining! :) so stick with it no matter how hard it gets, that's what I'm determined to do anyway.. I absolutely HATE water, but I've already forced down 300ml this morning and I've got a 500ml bottle ready to sip on over the next two hours of work until my break at 9 where I'll have my first shake :) good luck! x

I've decided on my first weigh in I'm gonna get my consultant to write it in an envelope and give it to y friend, she's trying the Dukan diet but if I get good results she's gonna try this so won't know what I've lost for 2 weeks x

kristin said:
I've decided on my first weigh in I'm gonna get my consultant to write it in an envelope and give it to y friend, she's trying the Dukan diet but if I get good results she's gonna try this so won't know what I've lost for 2 weeks x

I didn't find out my weight for the first 5 weeks because I thought it might make me so depressed I'd binge. It's a good idea to focus on what's coming off. Good luck.

Back