Starting Cambridge in Jan - looking for friends!

Hi I took ages to see I had a reply not worked out this site yet sorry!! yes day four today and gave in doing boys lunch and ate but i did not go crazy and blaiming it on head cold and period starting I have been good since and skipped my shakes so will be better tomorrow I really need to stick this out and get the weight off I can never remember it being this hard!!! any advice would be great xx hope your all doing well good luck x

No advice, I start on Monday. But please be strong! You and everyone else are my inspiration xxx

Thank u that helps my husband works away and went last night meaning I have no one else to say NO or anyone else to cook for boys arrgh finding it tuff hopefully my little blip will be last one and u will be great i should be a week in on monday!! so I hope I can support u xx

You will. Anyone who has already started impresses me. I will struggle not to finish my daughters dinner - I was brought up to NEVER waste food! Also to stick to VLCD without her wondering why Mummy isn't eating will be hard. But we don't always eat together so hopefully it won't be a problem. I don't want her growing up with my issues.
I'm sure you'll be fine. I'll need all the support I can get next week, so please keep posting. You will have had a significant weight loss by then & I can't wait to hear what it is, and to set my goal to a similar amount. Keep strong! x

Hi everyone - I hope you're all well x

This is day 3 and I'm really struggling tonight :( had a good day but now I'm starving (probably didn't help my other half just ate a Chinese in front of me!!) and I feel emotional and horrid - not in a ill way but in a mood way

I've still stuck to the diet 100% so far but I'm obsessed with food tonight - I've asked my other half to clear the cupboards tomorrow of the left over stuff from Xmas - I.e. the 6 packs of biscuits, open tin of heroes, Pringles - I swear I can smell them sitting here on the couch ! I just don't trust myself with them alone .

Also, after going for a walk today to break in my new running shoes - I am now covered in angry blisters on my heels . Typical - try some gentle exercise and get kicked in the teeth !!

Sorry to moan everyone but I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself .

Jen xx

Your doing really well. Keep if up!! Maybe have a nice bath and get an early night to distract yourself.
I'm on day 3 today too. My family had their Chinese, oh how I wanted some. But I resisted. I'm proud of myself for that and you should be too of yourself!
You have come this far keep going!!! xx

Keep going!! Once you get a loss you'll be so inspired. Nothing will be as good as fitting your body and skin happily. Stay strong x

I went thru that aswel i think its normal to feel low and emotional i am starting on day 5 to feel better ish but better than i did day 3 and 4 for sure hang in there and keep strong we can all do this xx

Hello Jen,
Just reading you post now, How are you getting on? I’m 26 from London, I have more weight to losethan you but i'm here to show my support! I start the Exante diet on Tuesday which is the same as CD, I have done CD before and lost weight on it and found this VLCD is the best way to lose weight for me personally, soi hope to be looking fantastic by this time next year! J Good Luck hun xxx

Hi how is everyone today?? I have the worst period pain ever and it not good on top of this cold and diet!! but still staying strong weighed myself this am and only seem to have lost 2lb not impressed at all not sure why any ideas? I am a week tom xx

U might be retaining water if your due on ur period? That always happens to me! Will sort it's self out :) xxx

Yer I was thinking that but I have been on since fri so thought it would have gone now??

Mine normally don't show till I'm off my period xxx

oh I hope thats me to I have lost a little but for first week not alot xx

thanks had a shocker this am .. but onwards and upwards or should i say down as in weight loss i dont know?? that prob would not make sense... well yes good luck all x

1st day! Hungry as expected, only had 1litre water & 2 black coffees so far. But feel determined. Don't want to start shake or bar til lunchtime as I'm combining it with IF (intermittent fasting) with an 8 hour eating window. Hubby also doing IF but with a normal diet rather than meal replacement. This way, we can support each other. Had some unhelpful input from work colleagues (all you need to do is eat less and exercise more). No way - thanks for that! But this is my choice and my weight loss plan so stuff them! x

Ha yer u dont need that some people ... if ur like me it this way or nothing i just can not loose weight any other way i did like ww but it was too slow so i may maintain with that but i need to look into it cause read on here it can make u gain?? well good luck on ur first day u will be great i am on week 2 from today x

Oh no, people always like to give their opinion when is it not needed lol. Makes me giggle at some peoples reaction when I was doing CD, I would tell them i'm putting my health at risk being the size I am a lot more than this diet is going to do to me... they soon shut up. I am not telling ANYONE (apart from OH) this time around, no one needs to know :) xxx

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't been on here for a few days; hectic at work. . .

Well I'm still alive after my dreadful weekend and I've stuck to cambridge 100% !!! I'd like to thank everyone who commented on my post when I was feeling really low - your support meant alot and it did stop me for reaching for food - love to you all !

So, I'm on day 5 - feeling better today but concerned I'm not in ketosis yet (agh!) don't feel as hungry as I did but there are still pangs plus I feel sleepy - praying day 6 I will not be hungry and full of life! Has anyone else hit ketosis before day 5 or has it taken you longer? I keep hearing it only takes 3 days . . .

Also, I came on my period on Saturday - first time in 18months . . . ! (I have the implant which causes these to stop with me - quite common in some people) and trust me it's back with vengence which means pain for the last 4 days which I've never had that long before and I feel like a beach ball! I wonder if cambridge has triggered this? :break_diet:

How is everyone getting on too? Of course let me know if you need any support - reading through here everyone is doing fab so well done :)

Jen xx

Back