starting cambridge in next wk or so

redkettle

Hi all I need to loose 5stone will be starting asap I have four kids and am hoping I will be able to get through the first wk ok I have heard it is hard and u feel ill I have done lipo trim before but chpopose cambroidge this time as u loose bit more weekly on this I am told any advise of what products are nice would b good before I order also I lknow everyone is diffrent but what is the avarage weekly weight loss for sole sourse three shakes a day methord good luck all xxx

Hi Redkettle

Good luck - you're about to embark on a journey that will change your life :) I am just starting today, although I did the diet a few years back very successfully (I just made the mistake of not moving onto maintenance - I didn't follow the plan, just got so excited that I'd lost the weight!!).

Everyone is different, so what you will like shake/soup/porridge-wise isn't going to be necessarily the same as everyone else. Your counsellor should let you try a variety, but with the offer to return and swap things if you're not keen. I personally stick to the ready made shakes, but then that suits my lifestyle. I can't really carry round a hand blender with me!

You'll see by browsing the boards that you can expect a good few lbs off in your first week - maybe even 7lbs, and then a stone a month is the 'average' after that.

I've had a friend do the CD before with children, and whilst it's important that they don't think not having food is correct for them and instead understand that it's just a method of getting you to a place where you can make better food choices, she generally found it easier to cook 'children's food' and not have to think about what she was going to have herself.

I'm back at day 1, and have 7 stones to lose. Keep posting and letting us know how you get on, and I'll do the same if you like :)

Lindsay x

Hi my CdC is coming on Thursday afternoon to go through everything with me and give me the food packs. I have 3 kids all under 5 so one of my worries is that I will struggle to make them food and not want to eat it my self.

I did lighterlife in 2006 and lost a load of weight about 2 stone in 6 weeks but then i got pregnant with my 1st child so stopped doing it. I remember the 1st week being sooo hard but I watched loads of things on youtube about the diet and read loads of peoples success stories to spur me on.

We can do it I want to lose about 4 stone which would take me down to a healthy weight range and after the 1st 4 stone is done i will decided where I want to go after that.

Good on you Kate - congratulations on your children, and I hope you do it in 12 weeks :)

Lindsay x

Hi ladies and good luck!
First week is hard when your catering for the kids , you just dont realise how much you usualy pop into your mouth without thinking about it.
Im on the first day of my second week on SS+ now and feeling fabulous , just had my first weigh in and dropped almost a stone already.
I find it helps big time to come on here and read the hints tips and soak up the positive vibes.
Good luck to you all , believe in yourself and you will do it x

P.S the oriental chilli soup makes me wanna hurl;p

Back