starting CD to conceive a 2nd child 6st to lose!!

5sttogo

I thought i would start a diary here i hope to give inspiration to others :) or at least a what not to do lol i am not sure how its going to go as its my real first day, hopefully the former!

I will give you some background knowledge i have been trying to conceive for 3 years and i have always been considerably overweight apart from the few years i was in the armed forces. I lost 2 stone before falling pregnant with my son and before i had a m/c a couple of years later. My goal is to get my bmi under 30 Forever!! I would love to be a 12/14 for life fat for some but perfect for me, when i was in the forces i was a size 10 and was not happy it did not feel right for me.
I am currently a 20/22 i think my first goal is to get under sixteen stone i am 17.12 :sigh:

For breakfast this morning i will mostly be eating: maple and pecan porridge

lunch: chocolate shake

dinner: coffee shake

evening supper: mango shake

wish me luck and luck back to all doing the same :)

Oh my today is hard I am very hungry. The porridge was horrid but the chocolate shake was yummy i know its the first day and already im struggling i need to find my will power!!

I just want pasta.....lovely lovely pasta :(

Having porridge for dinner just because i need something hot trying apple and cinnamon though.

Hope any who are reading are doing ok today.

Sam xx

good for you not caving it is hard. Hubs is eating Spanish chicken :( apple and cinnamon porridge was better than the other one at least, Any recommendation on soups to try?
You have done great thanks for replying it is nice to be inspired and supported :)

The support on these forums is immense... even when your naughty you feel better and get a gentle kick up the bum!!

Im not a soup lover in general but ive have the spicy tomato and oriental chilli and didn't mind those!

Well i survived day one and i actually feel better today! :) I can do this and i am starting to feel more excited. I can do this i just need to get my determination right. I was thinking i might buy a baby gro as inspiration rather than a small dress it might keep me going.

breakfast - apple and cinnamon porridge

lunch - chocolate shake

dinner- fruits of the forest

supper- mango

good luck to everyone today

Sam xx

My oh my I'm craving carbs only have one food pack left. My consultant has me on ssplus 4 packs with 200ml of skimmed milk but I'm not good with milk so just having the 4 packs.

I just want pasta can't get it out my head!!

Well made it to the end of day 2. I am proud of how strong I have been
Water is the secret
I will try those soups lil,legs :)
Typing on phone thus weird lay out.
Hope the evenings going well xxx

Hi there and good luck on your jorueny. What brilliant motivation too to conceive a child, i lost 4 stone to conceive my lil girl after being told i wasnt producing progesterone and would never conceive naturally, showed them though just by losing the weight!!

First few days are the hardest but you've got a brilliant reason to stick with it, the craving for the carbs should start to dwindle over the next few days and then it's just the psychological craving you'll find hardest to tackle. Wishing you every success xx

5sttogo said:
Thank you Ninajw83 i needed u to say that I'm so sad tonight i just feel miserable and hungry :'(

It will pass soon Hun it gets easier once you reach ketosis. What a great motivational reason you have as well :) xxx

Well I made it to day 3 in starvation house! Changing plans as I don't drink milk to sole source plus option b 3 packs and 200kcal meal
I was thinking of cooking my chicken and cutting up my veg and nibbling through the day in between packs what do folks think?
100% up until now but by god its difficult!!
Nothing easy is worth doing I suppose it will be nice to have bits of grilled chicken and veg to stop feeling faint today =)

Last edited:
Have your 200 cal meal however it suits you best I say! some days I nibble , others I mix a pack of soup in to my meat and veg and sit down at the table so I feel like Im having a proper meal. Iv always tried to go SS before and felt like the living dead lol , this time round Im doin SS+ and its making such a differance ..Im on day 6 feeling pretty fabulous and my weight loss isnt looking any different on my scales than previous attempts on purely SS.
Good luck and hang on in there! :)

5sttogo said:
Well I made it to day 3 in starvation house! Changing plans as I don't drink milk to sole source plus option b 3 packs and 200kcal meal
I was thinking of cooking my chicken and cutting up my veg and nibbling through the day in between packs what do folks think?
100% up until now but by god its difficult!!
Nothing easy is worth doing I suppose it will be nice to have bits of grilled chicken and veg to stop feeling faint today =)

Your doing great, first few days are so hard!
The only thing with eating throughout the day is you won't feel like you had a meal as such. This diet is partly in your head, if you sit down and have it as a meal, then it would be better. Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks i think i am going to nibble today as my head is good, I did however nearly pass out doing dishes last night...eek. If i feel desperate at the end of the day i will have a meal tomorrow. I will let you know how i get on!

Feeling much more positive with all your support thank you xxxx

Right its official i am angry dont ask me why but i thought i might has a sneak on the scales and they say im heavier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad: I have been 100% im bloody starving for goodness sake!!! I am going to buy another pair as they are cheap asda basics i really hope thats different or i may as well stay eating what im used to!!!

Very glad to have been able to help you through a difficult day. STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALES is my next advice, weight fluctuates up to 4lbs throughout the day, its much better to get weighed on the same set of scales once a week and each scale set can vary by up to 4lbs also so don't take a blind bit of notice about that!!!

I can't see you'll find the losses much different between SS+ and the other one as long as you stick with protein based and white meats. Are you drinking enough water because that's really important in this diet, everyone's different but i tend to have between 3 and 4l but thats what my body needs as im thristy otherwise.

How are you feeling hunger wise, apart from the light headedness which will also pass, just need to take things a little bit slower until you're body can adjust to the enormous change in diet hang on in there it is worth it

Im a idiot who bought home scales and both sets were wildly inaccurate! I know this after todays meltdown where eventually i had to go to my poor counsellor to get weighed where it had turned out i was 4lb lighter not 3lb heavier thus 7lbs difference :eek: half a stone!!! That to me could have broke me and pushed me off the diet i had so much conviction in myself because i had not cheated that i had to get weighed by my cdc but what if i doubted myself??? I could potentially be scoffing a bowl of pasta or a pizza instead im enjoying my water and looking forward to friday.
I also have an important appointment with the doctor tomorrow to disvuss my fertility im glad i can go in saying i am losing weight on this diet xxx

THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING THERE TODAY :D

See, but i can understand your frustration and the temptation from weighing regularly is sometimes overwhelming if you do have scales at home with a battery in. Mine are in downstairs loo without batteries in and have been that way for almost 2yrs because i used to weigh 2/3 times daily its not good lol!!!!

Hope your appt goes well tomorrow, it's scarey stuff going down the fertility route but there are some instances where weight loss can kick start fertility and this diet particularly is meant to be great at increasing fertility

Back