Starting CD Today - Would appreciate your support throughout

Hi All,

I love this forum. I wish it was possible to lose weight just with the positive comments and feedback on this forum. If it was possible we would all be waif (think that's how you spell it) like.

I tried to start CD last Saturday, didn't go at all well. I have taken my first shake this morning (Strawberry). I made it with over a pint of cold water. I used the minimum amount of water last week and threw up after, so decided to use more water this time. It went down alright (drank it in 5 minutes, unable to "sip" it). Only problem, is that it still leaves an after taste and it is this taste that is turning my stomach. I have drank another pint of water after the shake just trying to get rid of the taste.

Any recommendations to get rid of this "after taste" would be greatly appreciated.

I soooooooo want this to work. I soooooooo need this to work. I haven't huge amounts to lose compared to some on this forum, but to me it's huge. I am not telling any family or friends because they would kill me. I don't go out much so I won't need excuses for not eating. The fact that I can still drink coffee, will get me out of "sticky" situations of "why don't you have something".

So this forum will hopefully be my support & probably lifeline at times. If no one minds I would like to update how I am doing here and maybe you can give me some tips along the way.

Thank you.

Start Date 29/09/06
Start Weight 13st 4 & 3/4lbs (without clothes)
13st 6 & 3/4lbs (with clothes for the benefit of my CDC, as i am hardly to stand in the nip for her):) :eek:

Hiya

THIS DIET WORKS!

I promise you!

Just be super tough this first, drink the old water, get some early nights and grab on tight!

After the first week it gets much easier!

And according to me you should be at least 3 stone lighter on Christmas Day! How cool will that be!!!

Anyway nice to meet you

Mike

Heylo,
I wasn't much fond of the strawberry shake to be honest - but to get rid of any unwanted aftertaste I usually drink some more water, like you have been doing and then brush my teeth & use mouth wash.

Sadly none of that helps if you burp n get the taste in your mouth again, haha.

You just need to stick with it, try to ignore it and keep yourself busy.

You will do brilliantly if you just keep focus on your aim :)

Hi There Beenthere
WELCOME
WELL i HAVE A STONE MORE TO LOSE THAN YOU SO YOU CAN KEEP ME AND LOTS OF OTHER HERE COMPANY ;)
I HAVE YOYOED DIETING FOR 18 OF MY 36 YEARS YOU NAME A DIET IVE PROBABLY DONE IT :eek:
WE ALL KNOW HERE HOW YOUR FEELING........WE ALL DESIRE THE SAME AS YOU.........YOUR NOT ALONE HERE YOU'VE FOUND A GOOD PLACE TO START THE JOURNEY TO THE NEW YOU!IM DOING LIGHTERLIFE IM ON DAY 2 OF SSING AND IM HUNGRY BUT I WILL DO IT!
AS FOR THE AFTER~TASTE IN THE SHAKES,MAYBE A DIFFERANT FLAVOUR EOULD BE BETTER? AS ANYONE WILL TELL YOU HERE YOU HAVE TO TRIAL AND ERROR THE DIFFERANT SOUPS SHAKES AND BARS ;) JUST GLUG AWAY AT THAT WATER AS THATS THE KEY TO THESE PLAN.
IF YOU NEED ANY SUPPORT IM HERE AND SO IS EVERYONE ELSE THERES A FANTASTIC BUNCH OF PEOPLE HERE.
GOOD LUCK AND ((HUGS)) XXC:D :D

Hi beentheredonethat,

You are more than welcome and I am delighted to see your doing a diary thread as it is a great way to stay focused.

Well, you have done well this morning with your first milkshake!

What I found at the very start that helped me was to drink a glass of water before hand as this helps to dilute the taste, the taste is from the vitamins and minerals that is everything your body needs to stay healthy whilst on this diet.

The reason you are so sensitive to it now is a sure sign that you were lacking in these essential nutrients as your body can be deprived of them more so when you are over weight as eating too much processed foods and a high sugar content helps to leech the vitamins out of the body along with alcohol.

Your body will adjust and in time you will not notice the taste.

In the mean time it helps also to have another glass of water to wash down after you have taken the milkshake and to brush your teeth and rinse with a mouth wash.

Or you could chew sugar less gum for a little while, they are two camps when it comes to chewing gum as some say it is okay and others disagree, but the official rule is to chew for a little while and then spit it out if you must chew.:rolleyes:

I did not tell anyone apart from my husband and a close friend at the start of my weight loss journey as I did not want to be a failure once again or have others tell me that I Should eat healthy in small amounts...as by the time we get here we have tried and failed so often.

Of course I told them when it was obvious that I was losing weight and then the questions of how, when and etc. came flying.

I was surprised just how much support I have got when they seen how much weight I have lost and it does help big time to feel others are wishing you well and encouraging you on your weight loss journey.

So I will raise another glass of water and wish you well on yours.

Love Mini xxx

How slow am I??? Never even thought about brushing teeth. Have mints in my bag was going to take one of them, as I suck them till they are gone and figured "sure there is still nothing solid going into me".

Yes it's the burping that kills me, that's where the breath mints would come in handy.

I am determined to do this and not afraid to say I am scared....

Not of the diet itself, but whether I will fail. Ask anyone I know and they will tell you... Before when dieting, one week I lost a fantastic 5 pounds, the following week I lost 2 pounds, my answer was "is that all" , I went out and had a load of chocolate because I was annoyed it was "only 2lb". (Yeah ,I know crazy, 2lb is 2lb). where as others would be "wow". So I am scared that if I don't see great results after the first few weeks I will think "why am I putting myself through this?" and give up. It's psycological I know and I don't think anything will change that, not at the moment anyway.

Thanks everyone for the tips, my first weight in is next Thursday 04/10/06. But I am not going to think that far ahead, one day at a time right??

I hope that before Christmas I will be on here with '0lbs to go" and giving such great support to other "newbies".

Good luck everyone!!!

Hi there beenthere,

I am also new around here and started the LLD on Wednesday after my meeting on Tuesday. As has been said already you're definitely in the right place, so good luck.

How slow am I??? Never even thought about brushing teeth. Have mints in my bag was going to take one of them, as I suck them till they are gone and figured "sure there is still nothing solid going into me".dont eat mints you wont get into ketosis!!!!

Yes it's the burping that kills me, that's where the breath mints would come in handy.

I am determined to do this and not afraid to say I am scared....

Not of the diet itself, but whether I will fail. Ask anyone I know and they will tell you... Before when dieting, one week I lost a fantastic 5 pounds, the following week I lost 2 pounds, my answer was "is that all" , I went out and had a load of chocolate because I was annoyed it was "only 2lb". (Yeah ,I know crazy, 2lb is 2lb). where as others would be "wow". So I am scared that if I don't see great results after the first few weeks I will think "why am I putting myself through this?" and give up. It's psycological I know and I don't think anything will change that, not at the moment anyway.
anything worth while takes time if you lost ''JUST'' 2lbs per week by christmas you would be 11 stone 8lbs ????But you should lose 3lbs a week if you stick to CD 100%?So at christmas you could be at least 3 stone down?So you could be 10 stone 4lbs maybe less!?
You have to get yourself in a differant mind-set dont think after a few weeks you'll give up BECAUSE nothing will change?You are changing week in and out the longer you do this diet your body will become the way you need it too be and then you'll become the person you long to be???Please dont give uo or by Christmas you could be 15stone 4lbs????

((((HUGS))))

xxc:eek:

Thanks everyone for the tips, my first weight in is next Thursday 04/10/06. But I am not going to think that far ahead, one day at a time right??

I hope that before Christmas I will be on here with '0lbs to go" and giving such great support to other "newbies".

Good luck everyone!!!

hiya, welcome on board!! in relation to taking a day at a time... if you need to take it minute by minute, hour by hour!!! sometimes we can look to the next day and it really seems daunting.. just take ur time and as mike says by xmas you so easily could be 3 stone down!!!

get the water into you and the shakes will become easier to drink.

Gen xx

sorry just another thing that i used to do when i was on lipotrim... i wasn't overly fond of the shakes but had to get them into me... so while i was drinking them i would close my eyes and visualise myself in the clothes i wanted to wear and the way i wanted to look and than kinda takes ur mind off what you are doing and brings happy thoughts into your head!!!

Gen xx

Peppermint tea is a good way to rid yourself of any "aftertaste" or bad breath. As far as I'm aware it is allowed on CD as it it a leaf tea. Plus its good for soothing your digestion which should help with any nausea.

All the best

I think the mints that are like sheets of paper that melt in your mouth are fine but be careful of others

anything worth while takes time if you lost ''JUST'' 2lbs per week by christmas you would be 11 stone 8lbs ????But you should lose 3lbs a week if you stick to CD 100%?So at christmas you could be at least 3 stone down?So you could be 10 stone 4lbs maybe less!?

This is sooooo true. Actually thinking about losing 2lbs a week and being 11st 8 by xmas is good. That way anything extra will be a bonus. I have managed to lose 2lbs a wk before on "conventional" diets, so if I think this way I should be fine.

See mind set changing already.

THANK YOU!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Hi there.
Well done on starting CD today,you will be chuffedthet you have in a couple of week when you are pounds lighter.
It is hard at the start,but it does get easer,it is just the way of life for me now.But life is getting better each day.
When I started I split my packs in 2 that helped me loads,I do not like many of the shakes but love the soups others hate the soups so try them all and once you find something you like stick to that to startand then try more again later.I have found my tast has changed since I started.
As has been said
Drink lots.take painkillers for bad heads,try to get pleanty of rest,and pamper yourself if poss just a nice bath and early night helps.
You will soon see the weight coming of cloths getting losser and you feeling healther
Have you taken your photo and mesurments,it is something I did not do when I first started but wish I did.
We are all here to help and support you,it is great to know that we are all going or have been through the same things and only someone that has been there knows how it feels.
Post as offten as you want.A dairy is a great thing to do,can not wait to read more about your journey,rember good or bad days write it all down we love to read it and be here for you.
Good luck babe.
This diet does work.most of us were disbelivers in the start but have now changed our minds.IT DOES WORK.
Take it easy today if poss.
Hope to hear from you again soon
Sending you positive vibes and {{{HUGS}}} to help you .

This is sooooo true. Actually thinking about losing 2lbs a week and being 11st 8 by xmas is good. That way anything extra will be a bonus. I have managed to lose 2lbs a wk before on "conventional" diets, so if I think this way I should be fine.

See mind set changing already.

THANK YOU!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Thats ok if you need an chat PM me xxc Everyone heres is FAB and you'll get addicted to this site ;) lol Hope your ok ?

Hiya... so...nearly dinner time now! lol

I didn't like the strawberry shake... I found it to be the most 'synthetic'. The only one I have found so far that tastes like packet formula! I love the choccy and the choccy mint ones!

I've been doing SS for just over two weeks... I promise you, it does get easier :)

Good luck with ur journey!

Stay strong... and don't listen to the chatterbox in your head that'll tell u u've learnt enough to manage on ur own now... Cos it lies ;)

Hi beentheredone that.

Good luck! I'm 18 days in and have found ICE to be my saviour- making slightly yukky shakes nice. Also, I think my tastes have changed and I'm more used to them anyway- in fact really look forward to all my foodpacks now, instead of just tolerating them in the first few days. I bought a proper blender this week, rather than relying on a hand blender and that's helped too- no lumps!

My total weight loss so far in 18 days- around 10 pounds and am very happy with that.

I'm sure you'll find your own best way to make the diet fit you if you experiment a bit.

Back