Starting DC tomorrow!

Rae

Hi all!

Not totally new to minimins as about 3 years ago I lost 6 stone starting on CS for a month then did a low cal atkins myself and got down to a perfect weight, it was the best feeling in the world! However ive just had a baby 12 weeks ago and have put on 4 stone so gone from 12 stone to 16 stone and at 5 foot 11 i feel like a walking BFG!! I had considered doing a low cal atkins like previously but with a new baby it is impossible not to have the energy from carbs so have looked at my options and thought diet chef seemed the best option as i still get all my meals, can cook them quickly whilst Lily is entertaining herself for 20 mins and I know I have the willpower to stay away from snacking.

I know how much help and support this board can provide from the past and cant wait to start making friends and tracking my progress with you all again :)

Rach xx

Hi Rach
Firstly, congratulations on the baby - if that's her in the photo, she's beautiful :)

Good luck in losing the weight. You know how good it feels to be slim and you know you can do it as you've done it before. Same for me and I'm frustrated that I let my weight creep back up over several years. I want to make a few changes this time to stop that happening once I get to my ideal weight (probably another stone, maybe a little more, to go). One will be weighing myself once a week to keep an eye on my weight so I can correct it if it starts to creep up again. Second will be to stick more to what I've been doing about eating more fresh fruit and veg and controlling portion sizes. I still intend to have the odd takeaway but I will also stick to my exercise plan of 3 times a week unless I'm travelling/away with work or family.

What was funny today was that in our work cafe, a girl who I haven't seen for a couple of months, called me over and thought the change in me was 'amazing' and she called me 'skinny'!! That made me smile as I sure don't consider myself skinny - I can still feel a bit of a muffin top but it is nowhere near what it was. That kind of recognition really makes me feel chuffed and I can't say it's been that hard with Diet Chef cos I like the food and have found it fairly easy to stick to.

So good luck - just think of the new wardrobe you'll be buying in a few months, and all that extra energy to run around after your little one!

Tracey x

Thanks tracey! Yes shes absolutely gorgeous wee doll we have, cheeky monkey too now shes getting her personality! Youve done great so far looking at your stats, how long has it taken you on diet chef, what have you noticed your average weight loss been week by week? Im not in as much as a rush as I was a few years ago as i was starting uni and wanted to feel good going out etc whereas now im all graduated and settled down with the hubby and im a mum, just wanting to be a yummy mummy! But I know I can do it as I did it before and maintained it for 3 years only the last 2 months of pregnancy my weight jumped, i mean Lily was 9lb5oz so big baby meant big bump which hasnt helped the weight!

The forum seems quieter than other diets but hopefuly theyll be a few regulars i can keep track with :) xxx

Hi Rach
I started Diet Chef on 14 January and I've lost about 2 stone 4.5lbs since then so going quite well. I'm finding I'm losing around 2.5lb/week give or take. Some weeks it's been more difficult if I'm travelling on business and staying in hotels where you may or may not get the chance of something healthy. I am doing regular exercise as well (3 times a week when I'm not travelling) although doubt I'll be doing any this weekend as I'm under the weather with a virus and have a sore throat (typical when it's a long weekend!).
Sounds a good time for you to concentrate at least a little on yourself - maybe you can jog while pushing the pram! :)
Good luck with it - you'll do great.

Thats a fantastic amount! Only the last stone to shift for you and you wont find that long going! The last push is always the hardest but knowing how much youve lost so far and when youre getting comments off people and trying clothes on it really does spur you on! Oh dear i hope you feel better soon! Those things always hit at the most inappropriate of times! What level of exercise are you doing?

Do you know I actually bough a "jogger" pushchair its called as its three wheels and youre supposed to be able to jog with it! First day today and its gone brilliantly! I cant believe how substantial the food is.. i had banana porridge for breakky then salted popcorn (which was just like cinema popcorn and mountains of it - amazing!) and just had the chicken & thyme soup which was delicious.

Are you supposed to add rice etc to the meals as it just comes obviously the meat in sauce itself so im guessing we have to add our own veggies to it? I saw on the website today you can buy the little packets of basmati rice and white etc.

Suprising i lost 3 lb last week without trying so a lower starting point than expected which is great! I have severe acid reflux since the baby was born too so im hoping this diet will help with that as well as im guessing it will all be lower salt etc.

Really excited about it which is the best frame of mind to be, actually not scared of the scales now!

Hi Rae, I'm running 5k three times a week and doing some weights once a week after one of the runs so I am pretty active. Luckily I've always enjoyed and done sport - I'm always grateful that I actually like running and the gym otherwise I wouldn't do it!

Yes, you add your rice and/or vegetables. I must admit I never count calories - I figure life's too short and that's why I like Diet Chef because it's done most of the work for you. I buy the Tilda sachets of rice (there's a wide variety of flavours) and use half with a dinner and have the other half the next evening. I also add a bag of ready-prepared mixed veg so it really bulks out the meal and I feel full afterwards.

Sounds like you're off to a really good start and I hope, like me, you'll find Diet Chef absolutely great and won't feel deprived. I make sure I have some fruit as snacks as well during the day - maybe a couple of bananas and some strawberries. I'm just beginning to feel a bit hungry now but it's almost dinner time for me so good timing!

I popped to the pharmacy earlier and got some Day and Night Nurse capsules so they at least got rid of the banging headache I woke up with. I am feeling a bit better than I did earlier today so hopefully I am better again tomorrow. I've missed my run today but there was no way I could feel like it! Instead I tried on some clothes for an engagement party I'm going to in a couple of weeks. Good job I did cos the skirt I was planning to wear is too big and I had to have a rethink! Pity cos I liked the skirt! Never mind ... have found a very nice black dress that I've never worn (it would have been too small) and it fits a treat so problem solved!

5k thats great! I used to do the wii fit and got totally addicted to jogging and would end up doing it every day, my legs were like sticks by the end of it! Ive got to start slow as i had a quite bad birth experience and had 4th degree tearing and my placenta removed in theatre and stitches pretty high up internally so was told to start light exercise after 16 weeks and its 13 today so im gonna whack out the wii fit next week and start doing little bits everyday and build up again!

Measured out my rice tonight and had the sweet and sour chicken... so tasty and compared to things like weight watchers meals or tesco light choices etc there was LOADS.. so so much meat.. my plate was overflowing! Honestly im so impressed with Diet Chef, how they manage to make things so low in cals and keep portions big and tasty is beyond me! Feel like im eating more than i had been!

xx

Back