Attack Starting Dukan tomorrow

Sharon1970

Hi everyone

I am starting Dukan tomorrow. At the moment I weigh just over 16 and half stone which is excessively overweight as I am only 5ft 1. I have struggled with my weight consistently over the last 15 years. It first became an issue when I had my first child and then got post natal depression. It has spiralled since then. For the last four to five years I have been yo-yoing to get it under control. Tried WW, SW, LL, Cambridge, you name it. The most I have managed to lose was 4 stone but that has all gone back on , and some.

I am now over 40 and really would like to get a handle on this. I am currently studying a full time computing degree, just finished my first year. Therefore I would like to get this weight issue sorted before I graduate and return to the workplace.

Got the Dukan Diet book and have been avidly reading, along with people's posts here. Have been shopping got my oatbran, meat, yogurts etc for the first week of attack. I am hoping to start planning the second week half way through the first because I like to plan ahead an know what is coming.

Does anyone have any tips? Also would be great to chat with people regularly as at the moment I am on summer vacation from uni and get bored so easily.

Welcome Sharon! You will find plenty of support here, and it's a great place to share your successes, concerns and daily progress. Definitely consider starting a diary - it's been very useful for me to record my progress, and because it keeps all of my wonderings and comments in one place, it's great to have as a companion to your diet.
My top tips for Attack:
1 - Drink plenty of water! if you've done LL and Cambridge, you will know what a difference that makes!
2 - Don't be frightened of ketosis, it's your body complaining and as soon as it stops moaning, you will feel better again - again, LL and Camb people know this too :D
3 - You sound like a good planner, so that will help - boredom and monotony are the big challenges here until you get used to cooking without your usual recipes and avoiding fats and carbs in your recipes.
4 - Share share share! Have people look at your daily meal planners so that if you get stuck, you can get lots of help.
5 - Be prepared to stagnate sometimes, it seems like a lot of people had to adjust the "unlimited" bits of the diet to suit their bodies a bit and avoid stagnation (me included) but once you get the balance right, this diet really does work.

Chat to us often, let us know how you are getting on, and GOOD LUCK for your first day!!!! :)

Hi Sharon and welcome, cocomo has given you good advice there! I have nothing to add! I look forward to reading your diary :) x

Hi Sharon,
I'm also starting Attack tomorrow along with my husband. I've also done most plans SW,WW and Sureslim, have lost on all but hoping Dukan works for me.
This is the only plan my husband had shown real enthusiasm for so fingers crossed :)
Wishing you loads of luck for tomorrow xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back