Starting Exante in September

bubble77

Gold Member
Hi
I am just doing my research before i go on holiday. I need to do something drastic this time when I get back! I have already decided that Exante is the way i am heading. The thing is to get my hubby onside (he is really funny about me and diets) I need to have a meal included so wondered if i did the 3 replacements i.e shake, bar, and breakfast or pud could I not just add one of their new low calorie ready meals? They seem to average at 200-300 cals which would still be 800-900 a day. Surely I will still get losses that way? If I can get him to agree a months trial period and I see results then I'm sure I can keep him onside until I reach my goal?
I'm thinking when I start losing weight, I'll begin to get some confidence back and then I can learn to love myself again. That way we would both benefit from it, am I wrong thinking this way?
Has anyone tried the ready meals? Can they be frozen? Can they be bought a month in advance?
I have been reading some inspirational diaries on here and hoping to subscribe to some and get some Exante buddies too. I will probably be looking to lose between 3 and 4 stone, ideally before my 40th Birthday in June. I can't start until September as I am flying out to see my family in Cyprus this week and not back until then. Need to spend a few weeks looking at my life and making some important decisions as my year has been a real challenge to say the least. I followed slimming world for a long while and was a regular on here with diary etc but things have just changed and I have become a small heffelump again.
As you get to know me you'll see I wear my heart on my sleeve and what you see is what you get. Any advice before I start would be greatly appreciated, as I have never resulted to food replacement diets before but feel its my only way forward as my relationship with food is seriously unhealthy, as is my relationship with myself at the moment.
Thanks for reading. xxx

You will still lose weight on 800-900 calories a day, regardless of what diet you follow. You could have a shake for breakfast a bar for lunch and a healthy meal in the evening, either one you make yourself or one of the Exante meals with some veg or salad.

If you want to kick start your diet you could do a week or two on just three Exante packs a day with no extra food. Even if you do the VLCD version of 3 packs a day, you are supposed to add 200 calories each fourth week.

Good luck with your weight loss and have a fantastic holiday in Cyprus.

Hi Julie
thank you for your reply, I just don't really know about how it effects all the ketosis side of things, and thinking of not cooking for myself as my portions are mammoth! I'm a typical Greek that just likes to eat but I feel I need to restrict myself to succeed again. I have lost all my confidence in everything I do as the moment.
I know you are right that any diet of under a thousand calories would work.
Thank you, I'm looking forward to seeing my folks, never to old for that hug from mum! x

Hi Julie
thank you for your reply, I just don't really know about how it effects all the ketosis side of things, and thinking of not cooking for myself as my portions are mammoth! I'm a typical Greek that just likes to eat but I feel I need to restrict myself to succeed again. I have lost all my confidence in everything I do as the moment.
I know you are right that any diet of under a thousand calories would work.
Thank you, I'm looking forward to seeing my folks, never to old for that hug from mum! x

If you are committed to losing the weight, you'll stay on it. Don't be disheartened if you feel low, don't let anyone sabotage it, just keep in mind how you will feel when you reach your next milestone. I have written mine down so I can tick them off. Pretty much every half stone, plus a few others, e.g. getting under 200lbs which I did this morning :wee:
Other milestones are going from super obese to obese BMI, going from obese into overweight, then finally into a healthy BMI. I don't think I have 6 and a half stone to lose, I think I am just x pounds off getting under 14 stone or whatever the next milestone is. It seems much more achievable. Have a great holiday, and get that hug from your mum. Come back energised and determined to start losing that weight and gaining your confidence as the pounds drop away.

Hi Bubble, and welcome. Like Julie says, if you're committed to losing the weight you will manage it. And this diet is relatively easy to follow - even though I fall off the exante wagon on a regular basis, I'm constantly losing weight by following it around 80% of the time.
The only thing I'd say is to perhaps try and get your partner's support before you try. You mention he's funny with you and diets - do you know why that is? Any diet, and in particular a VLCD like Exante, is restrictive and it really helps to have people around you supporting you. To help you avoid temptations and to succeed, it would be great to know you have his support, surely? These forums are really great for support too, and everyone is really helpful (I don't know how I'd manage without it some days), but there is nothing like support from your loved ones at home x

Hi, I'm also starting Exante in September. I did Lighterlife Total at the start of the year in preparation for my wedding, and have gained weight again since my honeymoon. Lighterlife worked for me and once I 'got into it' I found it easy but it's just so expensive so I was looking for cheaper alternatives and came across Exante. I've bought one of their special offer starter packs of 100 products (mostly shakes and bars as I did better with those on lighterlife). I want to lose 2-2.5 stone by the start of the new year.

I'm new to this forum and am just having a look through the exante section in preparation for starting again. I'm not starting yet as I go on holiday next week and don't want to do it whilst on holiday but plan to start on the first full day that I'm home :) so I'll be doing the total version of exante (just the three packs a day) but also looking for exante buddies :)

Hi Im back thanks for any comments and good luck Katy06 when do you start? Will u have a diary?
I have just ordered my stuff. Got a nice selection hope it all tastes nice! It wont come til sometime tomorrow so i guess im best to start on Wednesday. I will be weighing every Saturday morning this works better for me so i would have only done 3 days this saturday. Im really looking forward to it. Weighed in at 14st13lb so lets see where it goes. Only doing a months trial to start with as I know I will find it hard, surely I can hack it for a month?

Thank you Darcy15! Well my packs have arrived, now do I start tonight or just wait until the morning?
I've been really good today foodwise but I suppose I should just wait til the morning and start all fresh.
Why am I all excited about this? Maybe its just the prospect of losing weight. I hope I am this enthusiastic by next week!

Hiya bubble!
Drink loads of water and mentally prep yourself, and start tomorrow! You'll do great! x

Thanks pinkponytail I have drunk loads of water so far and have been weeing for england so prepping well. Does anyone know if you allowed squashes and tea and coffees?

Thanx for all your advice peeps. Think i can handle black coffee not sure about tea but cold brewed green tea sounds good! Think i read malic acid ok so ill have a look around cos although ill drink water it does bore me!
Not looking forward to the rough days got a busy weekend so i need to be on top form, actually every weekend this months going to be hectic not foodwise thankfully but just full on. Hopefully being busy keeps my mind off of food.

Well so far so good. I had the blueberry and raspberry pancakes for breakie. Pleasantly surprised at how nice it was.
I was starting work at 12 today and so skipped lunch as it was too early. I have just eaten the 5 bean chilli and OMG it tastes so goood! I normally get the eveing munchies so ill have a shake or pudding later i suspect. Im on my 4th litre of water and have had 3 black coffees too.
Does anyone know how come the meals dont need a fridge? The chicken curry and beef have meat in ingredients so hiw come they keep well? Just curious really. X

Nightmare day. Ended up spending 4 hours in a&e my 9 year old broke her nose at school. They cant do nothing til swelling gone and it can be assessed. Bless her shes in a right tiz thinks shes now ugly bless her its broke my heart.
Now normally that would turn me to a frenzy of over eating but I havent im shocked. I havent drank no where near enough water though.
Had apple cinnamon porridge for breakie missed lunch again but had chocolate cookie when i got in. Just scoffed down my dinner a cottage pie. Thoroughly enjoyed it all lets hope i stop there. X

Day 3 gone well although i may end up with a dessert later. Would it matter if i had a 4th pack i wonder?
Had cherries and Berries shake for breakie made this in my ninja added ice and it was lush. Maple syrup pancakes for lunch and chinese chicken for dinner.
Ive been very impressed with the meals so far. The weekend is going to be tricky but im weighing in the morning so im hoping a number boost on the scales will make me not want to blow it! X

Just reporting a 7lb loss. Well chuffed onwards and downwards. Off to the theatre now. See if i can keep being good. X

Back