Starting- I have got to do this!!!!

Trefoil

Gold Member
Hello :)

For the last few years I was a serial yo-yo dieter and it made me extremely unwell.

Last year I decided to stop it, after becoming unwell and realising it was damaging my mental health. I also split my ex after seven years together and lost a bit of weight. I also quit minimins for a while and decided to live my life for a bit and went out partying!

I then got promoted at work, left my family in Harrogate and moved to Scarborough as a Hotel Manager for a well known coach company. Unfortunately over this time I began to feel unwell. I have recently been told that I have pre diabetes and I really need to get my head straight and sort myself out. My health needs to come first.

I haven't weighed myself since January 2013 and know I'm not at my heaviest (14.7) I need to buy myself some scales too! After speaking to my doctors I am going to do Slimming World but take it extremely slowly. No huge unachievable goals or anything. I just need a good and healthy life, I have an extremely active job but I need a bit of stability.

Time to get my head sorted and finally complete something that I should have done at least 6 years ago!!

Anything to help is most welcome! If any of you need any help or advice or anything then please don't hesitate to let me know.

Ruth
xx

Well done for taking control and getting back on track. Good luck with your journey x

I have just seen on BBC news regarding a new diet that is being trialled by Diabetes UK where there would be an 800 calorie limit over a period of time and this would reverse the effects of type 2 diabetes.

obviously this is wonderful news but I'm not sure if it would work! Mind you they wouldn't be able to be able to secure the funding without plenty of tests first!

hmmmmm

Ruth
xx

Well done you, taking control of your weight once again. Good stuff!! It's a good idea to take it slow and not expect too much too soon x

Well done you, taking control of your weight once again. Good stuff!! It's a good idea to take it slow and not expect too much too soon x

Hello there!

Thank you so much! In the past I always set myself massive goals and it was silly! 1/2 a pound a week or a STS will do me fine it's the lifestyle change I am after, Particularly as I now live alone and need to stay away from the fridge ;)

good luck on your journey :)

Ruth
xx

Hi Ruth
OMG - long time no see. See the attached article link re; type 2 diabetes

Reversing Type 2 Diabetes - Newcastle Magnetic Resonance Centre - Newcastle University

Maybe you could try combining JUDDD or 5:2 diet with slimming world, since you were very good at JUDDD before.

Sorry to hear you and your other half split, but nice to know you have had a promotion.

Jo disappeared from the JUDDD forum not long after you, I wonder how she is getting along now.
xxx

Hi Ruth OMG - long time no see. See the attached article link re; type 2 diabetes Reversing Type 2 Diabetes - Newcastle Magnetic Resonance Centre - Newcastle University Maybe you could try combining JUDDD or 5:2 diet with slimming world, since you were very good at JUDDD before. Sorry to hear you and your other half split, but nice to know you have had a promotion. Jo disappeared from the JUDDD forum not long after you, I wonder how she is getting along now. xxx

Hello!!!!

I hope you are well :)

That is a great idea re combining I just can't fast that's all so I may need to look into it! Possibly doing down days and splitting it up into very small meals indeed :)

Re the OH it ended in a dreadful way and unfortunately he left me in a bad place afterwards. So pleased I got my promotion was able to move away and I'm just starting to put it all behind me and get myself back to bubbly old me!

Thanks so much for the article too :)

I have Jo on Facebook and she seems to be just fine too! How are you doing??

Ruth
Xx

Back