Starting Jan 2011

Aww wow i'm gonna have to make some of those and get some low cal ketchup lol. Do they take ages to cook though and do you par boil them before? xx

I would love to join please! I joined the local SW club on 12th January and weighed in a massive 17st 6lb! I don't think I have ever been so heavy. Just had a heart scare, probably brought on with being too heavy! Had to have a Cardiac MIR which was so scary. Luckily the scan came back normal (had to wait 10 days for the result) This breathlessness MUST be down to my weight! I need your support please, I will help others if I can!!! Update on weight - now 13 LB lighter after weighing in tonight!

Welcome Sugarpuffjane, and well done on your weight loss already! :D xx

KATIE - WELL DONE! You're on a roll! Keep it up!

Welcome Sugarpuffjane and well done on your loss too! That's great!

I lost 1lb this week. Am pleased, although had a moment on weakness with the chocolate on saturday and has carried on everyday since! I have managed to resist today though so hopefully I'm over it now, but things have been getting to me so have been comfort eating this week. Trying to stay strong though.

Keep up the good work everyone xx

katiem said:
Aww wow i'm gonna have to make some of those and get some low cal ketchup lol. Do they take ages to cook though and do you par boil them before? xx

This time I didn't par boil them, just cut them smaller, rinsed then dried well and they took about half an hour on full whack in the oven. Turn them every now and then, saved faffing about :)

frugal fifer said:
This time I didn't par boil them, just cut them smaller, rinsed then dried well and they took about half an hour on full whack in the oven. Turn them every now and then, saved faffing about :)

Aw great thanks I think I'll make them that way! Sorry to be a pain but how thin do you cut them? Xx

Katie, I make sweet potato wedges - put some parchment paper on a baking tray and spray with fry light, cut the potatos into chunks, put on the baking try, spray a little bit more fry light, add paprika (optional) and cook on high for about 20 mins, turning occasionally.

They're lush! xx

frugal fifer said:

I actually microwave mine, whack them in a jug on full for 3 mins 30 secs then in oven on highest heat for few mins to crisp off and brown yumm

katiem said:
Aw great thanks I think I'll make them that way! Sorry to be a pain but how thin do you cut them? Xx

It varies, did them fairly slim this time-oven chip size or a smidge smaller, but if I was doing the microwave route like I used to, would do them a bit thicker.

Hi ladies been on my hols and let myself go and now dreading my first weigh in on Monday. On the positive I've always struggled and felt uncomfortable in airplane seats and I fitted comfortably carnt tell you how proud I felt :eek:)

Thanks bella, frugal and Karen :) definitely gonna have to make some, and the paprika sounds gorgeous xxx

Oldboiler, don't worry, holiday's are meant to be about enjoying yourself! I'm sure you'll be straight back on plan now your home, and seating situation is great! Feel proud because you're doing so well! xx

Katie, let me know how you get on with the chips! xx

I'm feeling a little bit smug today as went on an unplanned trip to New Look after gym today and bought 2 pairs of jeans and a top and am officially a size smaller than I was 6 weeks ago now! Feeling so motivated now! xx

Congrats bella on your shop, Its fab news and a great feeling when you drop a dress size. Well done. Think I'm going to treat myself every half stone lost to something whether it be a top or a nice meal out. Let's keep going ladies

Thanks bella and well donewith the dress size!! :D xxx

I would love to join up with you ! I started January 12th and weighed in at my heaviest ever! 17 st 6 LB! Ihave lost 13Lb to date but I am encouraged by your dedication. Lets go down the road together!!!

Hi sugarpuff :)
I STS again this week, going to work extra hard to get it shifting again.

Welcome to this thread sugarpuff and good luck frugal, better than putting weight on! Xx

Thankfully a 2.5lb loss for me this week after STS last week.

The only thing which I did differently last week was having Alpen Lights every day as my HEBX, so I've not had any at all this week.

3 weeks left until holiday and I'd really like to lose another 3lb by then.

I went holiday clothes shopping yesterday and managed to get some tops a size smaller than I have been buying :)

Lokipoki said:
Thankfully a 2.5lb loss for me this week after STS last week.

The only thing which I did differently last week was having Alpen Lights every day as my HEBX, so I've not had any at all this week.

3 weeks left until holiday and I'd really like to lose another 3lb by then.

I went holiday clothes shopping yesterday and managed to get some tops a size smaller than I have been buying :)

Well done, that's a great result :)

Back