starting LL in 2 weeks - BMI question

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by miniwanabe, 19 May 2008 Social URL.

1. miniwanabe

miniwanabe Member

Start Weight:
    12st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Hi Guys!

I decided to start LL after all... Thanks for all your advice.

I got weighed and my BMI checked at the information session 2 weeks ago and It was 294 - just within the qualifying band.

I got my doctors form signed last week (which i was shocked to have to pay £25 for!)

I'm going on holiday next week and there's a group starting 3 days after i get back - which is just perfect - so I'm really looking forward to starting! and have been enjoying lots of food in the meantime - not at all holding back if i feel like eating something - Basically stuffing my face.
    I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 3Lb!!!!! :confused: which brings my BMI down to just under 29....

I'm sure I'll somehow manage to put it back on after the all inclusive holiday (provided I dont get food poisoning or anything)

But basically, I just need to know whether you get re weighed at the first meeting when you recieve your packs and if I'm already down a couple of pounds, will I still be able to start the diet????

Its quite strange actually trying to maintain weight rather than loose it!

xxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mrspnut

mrspnut Full Member

You get weighed at your first meeting but my LLC didn't redo our BMI's then.

4. miniwanabe

miniwanabe Member

Start Weight:
    12st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Thanks!

5. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    You do get reweighed on the starting night. I had put on another 3lb, but then I had to wait 3 weeks and was enjoying saying goodbye to all my old 'friends' ;)
    However, they do expect some people to have lost a bit of weight as quite a few start cutting back on carbs the week before.
    As you are going away on an all inclusive I would think you would be OK. Booze is quite bad at adding cals, especially cocktails.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.