Starting LL in May

Hi,
Madhatter you had a wonderful weight loss in foundation, you've done really well. Perhaps you are building a little muscle with all your exercise (I still don't seem to have the energy to spare to exercise), Your clothes will be fitting better and the scales will catch up.

TishTosh, congrats on getting into the 13's your family can't possible fail to notice at the wedding. They will be well impressed.

I think there will be 3 of us in developers, the others into management, we will also be joining another group of ladies who started in development about 4 weeks ago. This class will start at 6, instead of 7.30 will be quite a rush. How long do the classes last? Still 2 hours?

Oh! Another 4 lbs gone forever this week.

Hi gang im back!I hope you are all well. welcome to the newbies.
Well we,ve had a fab holiday the cottage was lovely a real home from home, we went out every day to castles & beaches went on a speed boat.Now what you all want too know, yes i did eat but this time it was different i was in control i made healthly choices like sea food & salads & chicken.It felt really good i didnt eat every day just when i felt like it, now i feel more relaxed about food, thats something i was dreding when i finish ll.Now i feel confident.It was good looking at photos when we got back as normally i hate myself, now i think i look ok (still a way to go).Ill get oh too put some on here for me as im hopeless.

Hi Eileen,
Great to see you back! I'm really glad you had a nice holiday - the place what you did etc. and best of all the eating. You sound so confident about it all I'm delighted.
When's you're next weigh-in?
Talk soon xx

Hi all Maystarters!!
A quick hello from holiday (sneaked a few minutes away from the kids). I had a good weigh in last wednesday, lost 4 lbs and achieved my target of being in the 12´s by 15th August. I was soo pleased and it was a great motivation for staying motivated on my holidays. The meeting was ok, there were 4 of my old group and only 3 others, so we were in the majority which felt nice. The others did start talking about food/cheating and so on, but I think we managed to actually encourage them (obviously our enthusiasm for LL is still very high). We did an excercise called the bridge, and received our scrapbook. Am somewhat sad that I will miss the next session, as LLC wanted to talk about goalsetting, could really do with that as still somewhat confused about my longterm goals, other than obviously wanting to be a healthy weight. More when I am back. Hope you all have a great week, and keep up the good work everyone.

Hey Trish and Iceycold all the other May starters thank you for your posts....I think your right about the muscle bit but it's annoying!! Keep going everyone we are all doing so well!!! It's all a bit quiet in my development group at the moment just two of us not sure where everyone else is. I have to say although i moaned about the dreaded dvd in foundation it feels odd not to watch it every session but quite like the 'creative' bit of development. For the last few months i have only been drinking the chocolate shakes as it's the only thing that i can manage. Then someone in my group raved on about the nut bar which i tried in first few weeks and tasted horrible but she kept raving on about it and i tried it two weeks ago and now i love it to the fact i look forward to having it everyday and feel quite sad that i can only have one a day!! (how sad is that! lol) who would have thought i would dream about the nut crunch bar!!! But i think it's starting to be a problem because before i never felt 'hungry' but now since the nut bars i have moments of hunger which is worrying! Anyway here's to another week!

Mad

(still obessed with lose skin!)

Foundation 4 stone 7lbs

Development
WK1 - 4lb
WK2 - 0lb

Oh no not the nut crunch bar i have nightmares about the one time i tryed it!Im really getting fed up with the packs & dont like the bars now, ill be glad when im done with ll, as the weeks go on im finding it very hard, but at the same time im determined too carry on, i do wish they had more flavers.

Hi Eileen and Madhatter,

The nut crunch bar has changed and it's better than before as I couldn't eat it initially but now do. I like it crumbled up with a hot banana shake over it - it's like custard over a nutty crumble.

I have a bit of a fixation with the toffee bar at the moment and can't get enough of them. In fact I'm having a hard time of things at the moment and am realising my relationship with food hasn't changed at all. I have a hell of a lot of work to do before I go onto management and it's been a blow to me this weekend resulting in a pigout last night. I don't feel guilty about it - it was just something I did - and I'm back on course again this morning. I feel sad about it if anything.

I hope you're all having a good week

Never mind trish its something we are going to have too deal with for the rest of our lifes. I do worry about eating again, as i think the weight seems too creep on before we know it. I promised too weigh myself once a week also im going to buy clothes that are more fitted so ill know if they are getting tight.I never want to go were i was before i think thats enough too put me off for life.Well done for getting back on it today.

ive just got back from weight in ive lost 7.3 pounds im really pleased with that.:wow::superwoman: thats 3 st 10 now.hope everyones weigh ins are good.

Thanks Eileen,
Well I thought I was back on - but I've been eating all day and thinking and crying and moping and not liking me much etc etc.
I know it's something of a 'lightbulb' moment but it's hurting me a lot. I need to identify the emotion and cause behind it all - and I have a fair idea what's causing it - which is why I'm crying. I need to explore this as it's what they mean by 'eating to replace some emotion'.
I want to get back into my positive frame of mind - but also know I've hid long enough behind the facade of the clown for some reason ....
Sorry if I sound maudlin, and I don't necessarily want an answer unless this especially resonates with you. I wondered why it was so difficult to do 'thought records' until now - I was blissfully hiding them under success smiles over the last 3 months.

Hi Trish sorry too hear your feeling emotional, at least if you know why then maybe you can work it out, you have done so well losing 64 pounds you seem like a person who is always there to lend a ear & give advice, i think now its time you thought of yourself for a while.Maybe some retail therepy would do the trick!sorry im not much help have a:hug99: from me. pm me any time.

I really appreciate that Eileen and thanks ... I'll probably be able to chat about it soon. I've appreciated the interchange in chats we've had here ....

I forgot to say a huge well done to you! After your holidays you managed such a good loss - well done! I bet you're really chuffed? What an incentive to continue - eh?

yes i mush addmit i do feel good, its been a struggle these last few weeks.We had a really good class tonight which has spared me on now for the week.Thanks Trish.

I have been reading some of the posts in Tiger Girl's forum called 'the highs and lows of development' recently. Much as I have admired the articulate way they all seem to be able to express how they're feeling, I've not felt as if I've been in the same league as them, and have never dared to add anything to the forum. However, I think if I write this low point up as a 'thought diary' report and have some conclusions from it, I may post it. Have any of you May starters added to this forum? Or do you think we could start a 'hot thought' element here? We've all gone through that foundation 100 days now ....

Hi,

Well done on your hols Eileen.

I'm sorry you're having a miserable time TishTosh. You have done so well losing over 4-1/2 stone, I've also be reading some of the development threads, it is hard, we were all so used to our comfortable little groups and then it all changes. There is another thread on development I think started by LL starters in March, so they've been there a bit longer than us, it's a few pages back as they are now moving into management - A guide to Lighter Life Development, and another one exhaustion and inspiration in development.

Let us know how we can help, remember your original goals, and how much nicer it feels when your clothes are loose, and your knees and back don't ache as much, and the one I particularly like "nothing tastes as good as slim feels".

I'm not sure I've got the hang of this transactional analysis, and crooked thinking, but anything I can do to help, just give a shout,

:hug99:

Andi

Hi all, just a quick post before I go to work.

In our group last night they were saying that there's 2 new flavour soups coming, cheese and brocolli (sp) and tomato. Has anyone else heard that?

Meant to be the end of September, makes me want to stay in development for longer!!

Helen

Sorry but whats sp?

Sp is an editorial abbreviation, it means spelling. So pbfhpunk is saying she thinks she spelt broccoli wrong. She was right but who cares when she brings such exciting news! I did read somewhere else that there would be a new flavour - broccoli and cheese and tomato are flavours that are on the CD diet aren't they? I finish 100 days in early October (and then think I'll go to CD until I've lost what I want to as the counselling in my group is pretty poor) but a change in routine even for a week is worth celebrating! My life is soooo sad....

Good news about the new soups i cant wait for them.Im lucky that my group hasnt changed at all.We could put our thoughts on this thread & help each other sounds good to me.

Back