Starting LL Tomorrow - a bit nervious!

Hi all,

I am starting LL tomorrow and I have to say I am a bit nervious! My eating habits of late are less than desireable and I have to say I am at the end of my tether.... well at least I hope so. I have had quite a bit of success with low carb diets in the past, which I know this basically is, but at the moment I just can't seem to handle things myself hense joining LL. Can anyone offer any support and/or advice because I know that the first few days will be the most difficult for me! My husband is away for the weekend which I think is both a good thing and a bad thing. It is usually when I am by myself that I find I binge etc! Ugh... I really hope the madness ends.... I am really scared of being hungry, moody, sugar cravings etc......

Thanks for the help!

Hi there Betsy...

First of all welcome on board minimins.. you will find all the support and info you need right here!!!

I haven't done LL but have done CD and the principles are pretty much the same.....

I can't guarantee you will not be hungry/have sweet cravings/be moody in the first week... but after that i can guarantee that you will feel fab!!! The weight will be just dropping off ya... you won't be hungry and will be on a high!!!!

most people find the first 3 days hard... with hunger/headaches and other symptoms... but they will pass when you get into ketosis.... some people don't get any of the syptoms at all!!!!

Please ask your LL counsellor any questions you have as you are paying a lot of money for the service!!!

how much have you got to lose??

Well done on making the decision... it'll be the best decision EVER!!!

:sigh: I'm on day two of lighterlife and finding it really difficult, mainly because I have two young children who I have to prepare meals for and so i'm constantly in and out of the fridge.I have tried all the soups and decided they are all horrible! Think it's gonna be a long 14 weeks just on milk shakes!!! Anyone know how to make them a little more exciting without breaking the LL rules??:rolleyes: :D

Welcome Betsy & Harri,

Betsi the advice is drink the water & keep occupied all the time, go to bed early if needed.

Harri if you want to spice up the soups, buy some swiss marigold bouilion, you can get it from any supermarket for about £1.50, use a small teaspoonful, it has the same ingredients as the savoury drink & lots of people on here use it, me included.
You'll also be able to have bars next week & you can do lots of different things with the shakes & bars, there are recipes on here or your LLC should have a copy.

Welcome Betsy,

Congratulations on starting the last diet you'll ever need to do!

Most people find that the first few days are difficult because they will be feeling hungry, may have a headache, and are trying to cope with drinking 4 litres of water, plus not having milk in coffee or tea. It can be a shock to the system at first but stick with it. You'll soon be amazed at the weight loss.

I am asuming you chose LL because of the counselling aspect. It is the reason I chose to do it too. I have found it crucial to my success at losing weight, but more importantly the CBT and TA has helped me identify destructive eating behaviours and find ways to deal with them. It has been a revelation. I am a normal size (12) for the first time in my adult life, after years of being size 24. I don't know how much you have to lose, but keep sticking to the programme, and you'll make it!

Keep coming here to Minis for help, advice from other LLers. Minis really helped me in the early days!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the help and inspiration! I don't know why I am so nervous given that I don't have to cook for a family (just a husband)! Does anyone know about drinking Diet Coke when they are doing LL? I tend to drink tons but when I looked at the ingredients of the shakes they contain Asparatame too which is the sweetener in DC... any ideas

I would echo all the above! THe first week is hard for some people but just grit your teeth and go through it! If you dont drink enough water you'll feel worse (from painful experience!!) so glug away! Have a look at the threads at the top of the page for side effects & recipes and post when you feel low/weak/struggling. I really couldt have got this far without people here....cant believe I am on week 6!! Hang in there - it is worth it & gets much easier when you're in ketosis cos you feel less hungry & then start to listen to your body more! ie when I am tired I feel more vulnerable/hungry!! Listen to what it says and get extra sleep/rest in the first few weeks cos your body is adjusting to the lack of food but it does go - although you may wonder on that point at times!!! Big hugs & keep us updated!

no diet coke...read somehwre one of the zero ones may be ok but I dont!! Have a look round...you can have the LL flavours, marigold bouillion and some flav water. I have mint tea with candarel alot as find normal tea hard without water!! Hope that helps?

Best of luck Betsy, stick with it over the first few days and you'll be fine. It's so much easier to abstain from food than it is to follow a conventional diet and limit yourself to certain amounts of food.

Keep us posted with your progress.

Cath

:D feeling quite good this morning having read the replies and ideas from everyone. Hoping that today will be a little easier than yesterday. Got to drop in with group and counsellor tomorrow which i'm also looking forward to, maybe i'll have lost a few pounds you never know!;)

I hope that your first day is going well! Stay strong as it will all be worth it in the end! No Diet Coke on LL, just water, black tea, black coffee and savoury drinks. Angela x

Hope day one is ok for you. It is tough to start with, you might even feel a bit grotty, but stick with it and soon you will be flying!

Keep posting on here too as it truthfully is the best support around!

Back