Starting LT - so disgusing

jojo32

Hi guys, finally collected my sachets today and planning to start on Monday - was going to start today but its my birthday on Sunday and my other half has plans for us for tomorrow night and my mam and sisters coming over for meal on Sunday it will be my last supper. Thing is I tried one of the choc drinks today and oh my god it is just vile how am I gonna survive???? I dont drink tea or coffee. I was actually nearly vomiting trying to swallow it what do i do?????:eek:

When I first started CD I thought the shakes tasted awful. But after a few days I got used to them never really liked them but could tolerate them. So don't worry give it a go and be postive. If you go into the diet thinking you are not going to like them then you won't succeed and we want you to.

Some say drinking them through a straw helps only you will find what suits you

Good luck and enjoy your birthday first

Irene xx

you get used to them-honest! Put it in the blender with ur 8floz of water, a sweetner, half tsp of instant coffee if you want and lots of ice! Is much better! Same with the vanilla. Strawberry I just blend with lots of ice thickens it up!!

Your palate vwill adjust to the taste....just look on them as medicine that will make your fat drop off!:D

It really is worth it!:)

Thanks for all the positive msgs guys think i will just hold my breath and swallow!!! I have 4 stone to lose how long should I do the TFR

Definitely use a straw to drink them. I have had to use a straw as I couldn't get them down either at first but I now look forward to them.

Good luck !!

Your palate vwill adjust to the taste....just look on them as medicine that will make your fat drop off!:D

It really is worth it!:)

I was just going to say almost exactly that! lol

Medicine doesn't taste nice but it's necessary sometimes.

BUt... you really do become used to them. The first I tried the choc hot I near threw up -now I love it! Just get stuck in and know that in a week or so you'll be well used to it. :D

GOOD LUCK!!

At the very least about 4 months -but it will be less cus you always lose more at the start. :D

Thanks for all the positive msgs guys think i will just hold my breath and swallow!!! I have 4 stone to lose how long should I do the TFR

If it's any help I started LT on 1st Aug and I have now lost just over 4 st.

I have to admit that at the start they were disgusting and the strawberry made me throw up but ya do get used to them and believe its worth it in the end when ya see the results, gud luck with your first week

Hi, I am not on Lipotrim but thought I would add my tuppence worth as your thread interested me.

I am doing W8 (another VLCD with the option to have food or not) and the foodpacks actually taste really nice.

Not sure if its just my tastebuds, but I love the chocolate, toffee, vanilla - all the soups and the spag bol is pretty good too.

If you don't get on with LT, then give it a go. I think its a bit more expensive mind...though not sure (costs £49 for a weeks supply of packs - 4 per day on rapid which has only food added on week 4)

Good luck with it - hope you do well

LRO x

Oh i tried a choccy one today & it was nice!! Its amazing how your tastes change. Maybe next week go for the vanilla/strawberry & chicken. They are the best imo!!

i felt the same way when i started, i was gagging but picked up some tips on the forum ie adding ice ,and a teaspoon of coffee to vanilla shake to make hot or cold lattee, when you add ice there yummy,lol like mcdonalds thick shake, mareix

Hi, I am not on Lipotrim but thought I would add my tuppence worth as your thread interested me.

I am doing W8 (another VLCD with the option to have food or not) and the foodpacks actually taste really nice.

Not sure if its just my tastebuds, but I love the chocolate, toffee, vanilla - all the soups and the spag bol is pretty good too.

If you don't get on with LT, then give it a go. I think its a bit more expensive mind...though not sure (costs £49 for a weeks supply of packs - 4 per day on rapid which has only food added on week 4)

Good luck with it - hope you do well

LRO x
that's interesting cos I stopped TFR sat cos I'm finding it too difficult. Whats the name of this diet ? I would love to give it a try.

thats exactly what i do! works a treat :D if u can keep ur breath held til u can take a swig of water after shake, helps alot :) straw is also a good idea. that was my orginal plan but my tongue piercing got in the way lol :p u will get use to the taste too. ive finished my 6th week and i dont dread the shakes like i used to
good luck :grouphugg:

You could always try my (unintentional!) approach;

have your first 3 packs as runny, lumpy, watery, feels-like-your-are-eating-runny-eggs drinks. After that, ANY of the packs made properly will taste amazing! :D

Oh i tried a choccy one today & it was nice!! Its amazing how your tastes change. Maybe next week go for the vanilla/strawberry & chicken. They are the best imo!!

strawberry&chicken flavour eh?
has someone been experimenting with combining packs?

:D

sorry, couldn't resist! ;)

I hated them at first, but i really like them now!!! beleive it or not! lol only the choc ones though! i have 3 chocs a day....yum yum! your get used to them pretty quick so dont worry! good luck!!!

Hi guys, finally collected my sachets today and planning to start on Monday - was going to start today but its my birthday on Sunday and my other half has plans for us for tomorrow night and my mam and sisters coming over for meal on Sunday it will be my last supper. Thing is I tried one of the choc drinks today and oh my god it is just vile how am I gonna survive???? I dont drink tea or coffee. I was actually nearly vomiting trying to swallow it what do i do?????:eek:

Drink them like a smoothie - that helped me. Plenty of ice water, pint glass & straw etc.

The chocolate & Vanilla shakes can be used with peppermint tea (hot or cold) which might also help.

Sweeteners are a must, especially with the Vanilla (I believe), and...

You will get used to them - they aren't bad.

honestely it does get better and the results are worth it hang in there
xx

I hate them to and have partially switched to W8 as well, the shakes on that taste amazing and you can have their spag bol which is brilliant, I can actually sit at the table and feel like I am having a meal with the family, plus they will have chicken noodles soon

Back