Starting next Tuesday (19th)

yo-yo-dieter

Silver Member
Hi all, I've been reading this forum for a few days but only joined up this morning. You are all doing brilliantly!

I've decided to do LL because I have tried all other diets and failed, and really like the idea of the counselling. Could anyone give me any idea of what it is like? Does it really help?

My colleague lost three stone in three months and then lost another 10lbs after she finished foundation and she looks well foxy - I can't stop staring at her :eek: :jelous: :eek: :eek: :jelous:. I want to look foxy too!

I went to my doctors yesterday and he signed my form, and was really positive and enthusiastic about it, so that's motivated me. I was in complete and utter shock :eek:when I left because of his positive attitude (but I was on cloud nine)

I have a question, wonder if anyone can help me? How long should I be expecting to pay £66 per week for? I understand it's 14 weeks of the foundation course, but what about after as I know you still get food packs when you finish foundation? I'm prepared to pay what it takes but I need to make finanancial plans. I'd be espeshewally gwateful if someone could anwer me this :confused:

I want to lose four stone, maybe a bit more. I weighed in at my introduction at 13st 13lbs (heaviest I have ever weighed in my life) and am 5'4" so giving me a BMI of 33.9 :eek:

I'm looking forward to finding out why I over-eat.

And I'll be posting here probably daily, so you'll all be sick of me!

Oh, I'm sure I read somewhere you can have black tea and coffee? Is that right? Does that count as part of your water intake if so?

What about fruit and herbal teas?

If you get constipated can you take anything for it?

What about over the counter medications for stuff like colds?

Thanks all

Hiya

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Between now and starting you need to cut down on the old carbs and start upping your water intake.

The diet is fantastic and you'll love it!!

Good luck

Mike

Hi, thanks for your reply!!

Right, I'll definitely try to make the food that I do eat more protein based in readiness for starting LL and encouraging Ketosis faster, and will definitely practice drinking more water!

*goes off to tap*

Hi all, I've been reading this forum for a few days but only joined up this morning. You are all doing brilliantly!

really like the idea of the counselling. Could anyone give me any idea of what it is like? Does it really help?

I have a question, wonder if anyone can help me? How long should I be expecting to pay £66 per week for? I understand it's 14 weeks of the foundation course, but what about after as I know you still get food packs when you finish foundation? I'm prepared to pay what it takes but I need to make finanancial plans. I'd be espeshewally gwateful if someone could anwer me this :confused:

I'm looking forward to finding out why I over-eat.

And I'll be posting here probably daily, so you'll all be sick of me!

Oh, I'm sure I read somewhere you can have black tea and coffee? Is that right? Does that count as part of your water intake if so?

What about fruit and herbal teas?

If you get constipated can you take anything for it?

What about over the counter medications for stuff like colds?

Thanks all

Hi - as long as you are on full foodpacks you have to pay £66 a week. For a 4 stone loss you are looking at doing at least 15 weeks of foundation (the hundred days is a bit of an arbitrary figure as it occurs mid week). If that's all you have to lose it will probably take you another 2-4 weeks to lose the last half stone to a stone. If you're on a budget, I would suggest making sure that you walk the 10000 steps a day and getting about 5 litres of water a day down you to ensure the fastest loss possible.

I got down to 13st 13 at Easter (day 100ish) and I am now over 2 and a half stone lighter almost 9 weeks later - just to give you an idea of how weight loss speed works at your weight. As you are at the lower end of people on LL your loss will be slower so try not to compare yourself to people who have BMIs in the high 30s and low 40s - you will lose weight at the right speed for you so if you do compare yourself try to find someone with a similar height and start weight rather than someone who is 5ft 11 who started at a BMI of 40!

After foundation and a few weeks of development and once you are at goal you start management for 12 weeks. Weeks 1 and 2 you are on 3 packs which is 25% off the £66 fee. Then it reduces by a further quarter as you drop each pack (roughly every 4 weeks) until you are on no packs and from then on and forever more you can return for meetings for free in maintenance!

You can have as much black unflavoured tea and coffee as you like - Earl Grey is okay, Rooibos is okay - basically if it's made out of leaves or beans and just that - it's okay for you to have.

No fruit tea is allowed, neither is anything with flowers or pollen or bark - but green tea, mint tea, nettle and dandelion are all fine.

If you get constipated the bars are good for keeping you regular - I had terrible problems til I started eating them in week 10 and also the fruit flavourings (at £9 a tub they're not cheap, but I've only had 4 tubs in 23 weeks so they last for ages) contain fibre which helps. There are other non-approved over the counter remedies that people will advise you on here, but I'm a hard line LLer who sticks to the programme to the letter so I won't tell you about those!

As for colds. I've only had one mild cold since I started (and none during the peak season between January and April) - althogh a couple of people have reported getting mroe colds than usual. You learn that the over the counter remedies really just contain paracetemol or similar and tons of sugar to give you a mild energy boost. LL does not permit these - instead you can make home made lemsip but using the fruit flavourings in hot water and soluble aspirin or paracetemol. If you are desperate you can ask for a diabetic cold remedy at the chemist - but if you look at what the standard cold remedies actually contain you'll realise what a swizz they are!

Don't worry about posting every day - people love to read about the whole journey in as much detail as possible! Although there are lots of places you can keep a diary of your day by day progress if you prefer - there's even a place for diary threads here that you can keep adding to rather than starting hundreds of new posts - although if you want to get a question answered about LL and quickly - this is the best place for that - There are lots of people here who don't post for several weeks and it can be useful for them to watch the early stages of someone's journey in as much detail as possible.

Hang on in there for the first two weeks - keep coming here for help and support when yu feel like eating your keyboard and before long you'll be into the routine and learning a lot about your relationship with food!

I wish you every success in your journey.

Sarah, thank you so much for your post!

That was really helpful, and motivational and I'm going to read it again, and again and again!

I have a pedometer so I will use that and go out for walks at lunchtime at work, and also on an evening - make sure I get to 10,000 steps - I need to do this as cheaply as possible.

I have taken a "mortgage holiday" for this month so that's £563 which is the equivalent of 8 weeks and four food-flavourings but I'll have to fund the rest of the weeks through my wages.

My BMI is 33.9.

My friend is following the plan, and her BMI was only 29.5, and so far in two weeks she's lost 13lbs! She was only 12st 1lb when she started, and she's about 5'5" I think. I never thought she looked fat so was amazed she's lost so much so quickly.

I'm not a tea or coffee person normally, but am going to try some black tea and see how I get on with it. I know I'll be able to manage the four litres easily, as I sit on my bum all day at work all week data inputting, so I can have a bottle in front of me all day. Weekends will be harder!

Thanks again!

Hiya

Welcome to the site, I'm a newbie also, and am hoping to start LL on tues 19th as well!!! However, I'm having problems with my medical form, one box not being signed - anyway that's another story.

Good luck, please keep posting, perhaps we could give support to each other, as we'll be at the same stages throughout foundation etc!!!

Hiya

Welcome to the site, I'm a newbie also, and am hoping to start LL on tues 19th as well!!! However, I'm having problems with my medical form, one box not being signed - anyway that's another story.

Good luck, please keep posting, perhaps we could give support to each other, as we'll be at the same stages throughout foundation etc!!!

Yeah, that would be really nice Trish to have you as a dieting buddy, 'spesh how we would be starting on the same day. My friend/ex step-mum-in-law will have had her 3rd weigh-in by the time I start, so she's a bit farther in front than I am.

Which box hasn't your doctor signed?

How much do you have to lose? It's 56lbs for me (or 4st exactly)

Hiya,

I have just joined this forum today, having only just found it! Its fab isn't it? Only yesterday I was thinking how good it would be to have an internet forum for Lighter Lifers, and here it is!!
I am only on day 2 of the programme! So very early days for me...I have got about 5.5 stone to lose...I am enjoying it at the moment, and have felt hungry over the last couple of days...but am not feeling hungry at all at the moment...am doing a pop in session on monday lunchtime to weigh in and swap any food packs that I don't like....so I am just focus'ing on that for the time being....I think that this will be really successful for me, and I am starting to enjoy not having to think about food...:cool:
The only bit of advise that I can give you at the moment, is to make the shakes up with ice cubes in, in a blender, makes thick shakes instead of watery warm ones!! oh and also remember that there are other recipes out there that mean that you can make other things out of the foodpacks...ie. muffins, poppadoms etc!! I have yet to try this, but hear it is good!
Anyway...good luck, and I hope to chat to you lots more in the future as our journeys progress!!
xx

Hi ive been doing ll for 6 weels its great, i was worried before starting as i didnt think i could get through 4 l of water per day, but ive managed easy.The packs are fine too, also i think the counselling is fab.So good luck dont worry, just keep posting your losses on here.

Yeah, that would be really nice Trish to have you as a dieting buddy, 'spesh how we would be starting on the same day. My friend/ex step-mum-in-law will have had her 3rd weigh-in by the time I start, so she's a bit farther in front than I am.

Which box hasn't your doctor signed?

How much do you have to lose? It's 56lbs for me (or 4st exactly)

The doctor missed out the box about heart disease, and as it is in the section where if you get one no, you cannot do the programme, I have to go and have the box completed. Unfortunately, I will have to travel over 20 miles to the clinic as my own GP doesn't agree with the plan and would not do my medical so I've had to go elsewhere.

I have about 3 and a half stone to lose and am really desperate to get started. I've been overweight for 14yrs now and I really want to change myself for myself!!

The LL group that I have joined are at their 3rd wi tomorrow, and I haven't even started yet, so feel a bit odd being in the group.

Well, if it's just a ticky box and you don't have any heart disease, I would be tempted to blooming tick the thing myself!! In fact, I did tick all the boxes I possibly could myself, and the doctor just skimmed over it going "no, no, no" and then filled his bits in.

Did your own GP say why he was opposed to it? I must admit I was quite surprised that I wasn't met with any resistance from my GP. I thought he would be of the "less food, more exercise" school of thought - well if it were that easy, then I'd be a size 8 wouldn't I?

welcome yo yo and great to have you! Post away! You can take dulcolax if you get constipated (most do!) - I take one every 2 days at night...be warned though that some have found taking 2 to be somewhat explosive!! The water flav can also give you wind - I have max 2 a day for that reason. ook forward to your weight loss journey & ask away! You'll be a fox in no time!

Hiya

Yes, my doctor says, eat healthy and exercise to burn off what you eat, as I said, if it was that easy i would have been size 12 all my life instead of size 16/18 for the last 14yrs!!!!! Anyway, my doc does think the counselling part of LL is a very good thing, just doesn't agree with the low calorie diet part.

I'm hoping I can ring the clinic on Monday and speak to ther doctor and then tick the box myself???? Now that I've set my mind to do this thing I'm really fed up waiting.

A friend of mine has been doing LL for 5 weeks and has lost nearly 2stone, she is also looking really healthy and says she feels great.

I know I just have to be patient, but patience is not something I do, but as my DH said, it took 14yrs to get where I am, another few days won't hurt.

Hiya Yoyo

Just wanted to say a quick good luck for tomorrow. I've got my box ticked now!! and am collecting my packs later today. I'm working nights this week, so will be having my first pack at about midnight tonight - sadly, I'm very excited about getting started.

Speak to you soon

Hi, I'm that excited about starting that "proper" food just isn't exciting me anymore, I'm more excited about the thought that I will be thin by September!

So, just one more day of having to think about what to eat and then as of Wednesday loads of water, and no food. I'm trying to trick my brain into seeing the food packs as medicine rather than food, in the same way that a smoker would take Zyban.

Some of the ladies in my group think of the programme as taking medicine - I suppose whatever keeps you going!!

I can't believe I'm actually sat here looking forward to a banana shake in about 2hrs - I hope this feeling lasts.

Good luck, keep me updated.

Back