Starting on Tuesday...

Hello, welcome, good luck! I know when I was preparing, I went low carb completely. I was lucky enough not to get any of the 'symptoms' others have had at the start, like headaches or sickness. Now I don't know if that was due to preparing or because this is my first ever VLCD. All I can recommend is try not to have a big carby 'last meal' and up your water intake. I got rid of all my perishable food as I knew I wouldn't be eating it for a few months but then I live alone so that was easy!

Good luck for the week, and start a diary!

so I should have all the starchy food today ....

luckily Monday is bin day so all the really bad stuff can go out then!

It was a big step for me, getting rid of healthy stuff I had bought like grapes and I felt a bit hmmmm but I needed to commit! I have an order due Monday or Tuesday, today is the start of week 5 and I feel so good on S&S!

Glad to hear it! I am a little cautious having tried every damn thing. But I haven't "dieted" in a couple of years so is time again!

Was going to see LL counsellor Wed but realistically with my job I'll never be able to stick to weekly meetings. I probably need some kind of online programme to work through my food issues. (Don't we all).

Yup yup, same with me. I work 60 hours+ a week (this week it's 75!!) so when can I see a councellor? Plus it's cheaper on S&S, the customer services is great and it all tastes great :)

Hi Emmzi, hope you enjoy the S&S products. Compared to other VLCDs I think there's a pretty good variety of flavours so something for almost everyone. If you've done a VLCD before you'll be up to speed with ketosis and suchlike so I won't bore you with that, and you'll know it's a difficult diet in some ways but so effective and easy in others. It's pretty much the only diet I've been successful on. This is my 2nd VLCD - had 6 years in between diets and gained the weight back in that time. Back losing it again now :). I definitely prefer the online thing to the counselling sessions or the faff of getting to a weigh in and you get pretty much all the support you need from the great guys on here.

Good luck xx

Thanks Borders!

I think one of the biggest "sells" for me is when I have folk over I don't need to totally 2out" myself - I can have a chilli pack + veg and it passes for a "diet meal" which is socially acceptable. especially important to parents who will never get it (but delight in asking if I have got fatter!!) So am looking forward to that and have just ordered the veg list for delivery tomorrow. Will make a salad up inc the gerkins (in brine not sugar!) for a bit of bite i think. Anyone know what the view on stock cubes is?

Hiya Emmzi and welcome :)

So far i am enjoying S&S products and they are great value and of course Rob is fab with customer service/help etc.

Good Luck :)

Stock cubes aren't on the official list but some people use them. Bouillon is popular (the lowest cal / carb one you can find) both as a savoury drink or to add to the meals / soups. I know you shouldn't have to count calories and carbs on a VLCD but I mentally tot up the extras I'm having including the veg to ensure that they don't take me to the danger level in terms of kicking myself out of ketosis or raising the calories too much. And of course on S&S if you have 3 packs you can have protein and veg too so you can do this diet without even mentioning the packs if you need to eat out or have friends round. People ask if including the veggies slows your losses. Well maybe they do, maybe they don't but an extra 50 or so calories a day is well worth it in my view as it means that I feel like I can stick to this. I know that I wouldn't have stuck to this for so long without having the variety, the meals, and the veg options. As it is I've found it relatively easy.

Thanks Borders. Good to know! I've about the same to lose as you from your start point, have you S&Sd all the way?

Yes, S&S all the way although I had a week off for a holiday and 2 weeks off at Xmas and New Year. Then I had to lose the weight I'd gained during the breaks (wasn't remotely careful :)) so a week to lose the holiday weight and then 9 days to lose the Xmas weight. You're supposed to take a break after 12 weeks anyway so it sort of fitted in with those timings. My next break is planned for Easter which will be just over the 12 weeks but I didn't want to break at 12 weeks and then break again a couple of weeks later for Easter.

Hiya EMMZI and welcome 2 s&s its a really great diet, so lots of luck with your weight loss journey.

Dear me Mini what do you do? I find 40 plus commute sees me off!

I'm a nanny! I have to be there to cover parents' commute so it is usually a 12 hour a day job plus babysitting. However my commute is 3 mins as I live 15 houses down the same road as my work!

Back