Starting out!

pomegranates

Hi there

I'm just starting out on the whole diet scene again.
I put on a whole load of weight at uni and then got diagnosed with PCOS after numerous incorrect diagnoses (by doctors not knowing what to look for and when).

Since my diagnosis my weight has been stable, but still unbelievably high.

I'm turning 32 soon and realised that I've let my life pass me by because of my weight and being embarrassed by it.
I don't want that to continue.

I've been doing the Cambridge Diet for 6 weeks solid now.
Can't believe I've been so focussed.

Lost an amazing 13lb in my first week and since then it's been coming off nicely.
I'm taking B12 vitamins because I have suspected hypothyroidism to boot but nothing definitively diagnosed.

Am drinking about 4ltrs a day and since then, my weekly loss has been 5 lb!

I am absolutely desperate to lose the weight.

I'm 5'8'' and was 19 stone, which I'm astounded by. (BMI = just over 40)
Am now under 17stone, so have lost a massive amount in 6 little weeks.

Think I may be on the diet till June/July, but hoping I can lose the weight faster.

Am ready to take control of my life and actually LIVE it now, instead of hiding away.

Hoping I might find some like-minded people to keep me going as I'm sure I'm going to get bored of the packs VERY soon!
x

Thank you :) x

Hi there
Sounds like your doing well on Cambridge. Hope Xmas hasn't been to hard for you.
I'm a little intrigued about PCOS...as I keep getting fobbed off by my gp who tells me I'm eating to much. Even tho I can stick to 1200 and not lose a pound. I've done slimming world for 6 weeks now and only lost 5lb, when I have about 70 to lose so is really disheartening. It has crossed my mind about getting tested for that even tho I have no other symptoms apart from being obese. Do u know if having symptoms is a must to know u have this? Thanks

Back