Starting over!

Well it's Day One and im back on my Slimming World diet! I started SW twice b4 & went 4a couple of months and on both occasions, although i lost weight, i gave up!!! Bad i know. HOWEVER after weighing in at 12stone 13lbs (sooooo disgusting!!), ive decided 2do it all over again. This time im gonna do it on my own as i know wot i can and cannot eat really well. Im NOT gonna weigh myself at all and have decided 2base it all on d way i look and whether i drop ACTUAL clothes sizes. I know i should weigh but d reason y i dont is cz b4 when i went 2d classes (its compulsory 2b weighed), i would always get disheartened if i only lost 1/2lb, which was usually d case! Although i know its still an achievement, i think that was d reason y i gave up cz i felt like it took soooo much work 2do d plan all week then only 2lose 1/2lb at d end plus i had 2pay £4.50 in order 2know that each week!!! It didnt seem worthwhile, so im choosing 2NOT weigh this time around. I wont b attending d classes and wont b spending d money or getting disappointed. In a couple of months ill weigh myself as i will b meeting up wit some old school friends who havent seen me 4over a decade!!! I havent had any kids so i dont have an excuse - they will c right thru me & all d fat! lol I know ill stick 2it cz i luv d fact that i can eat lot of pasta, potatoes & rice on d diet! Wish me luck & ill let u know how i get on. Off 2have my green day (i prefer these cz i seem 2b able 2eat more) and ive planned:

Breakfast - Nature Valley Granola bar (2pack) wit a cup of tea with skimmed milk and sweetener. Having it as we speak...or as i type i should say!! Its yummy... :D

Snack: Banana

Lunch: Wholemeal toast wit scrambled egg in Fry Light & a Mullerlight Yoghurt (vanilla).

Snack: Oranges (2)

Dinner: A hugeeeeeeeeee pile of veg stir-fry wit egg noodles! :p

Evening snack: Apple

Drinks: Water, water, water & a diet coke wit dinner.

Hi Tammy- lynn

Welcome to the forum and back to SW. It's great that you have worked out a way that will be best for you to stick to- I personally need the reassurance of a weekly weigh-in just to make sure it is all working, and even then I am delighted with even a half pound loss. If you find this de-motivating, maybe not weighing yourself will work for you- I really hope you have found a way that works for you.

I understand that you may feel that 12st 13lbs is 'disgusting', but feel you need to be fairer to yourselves and others. There are many on this forum, myself included, who would see being this weight an acheivement considering their current weight. I understand that these things are relative to the individual, I just hope that you don't 'bully' yourself with these unhelpful thoughts.

Remember, you are doing this for yourself, not others, and you are doing it for positive reasons- swap "I am disgusting" for "I am going to feel and look so much better"

Good luck

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi guys! Thank u soooo much 4ur support! U guys have done amazingly well! Sorry if i sounded like i was saying that i felt disgusting. I actually dont at all, but its become an issue now where going out is a problem and im finding myself wearing d same outfits over & over again SIMPLY bcz i have nothing 2wear as nothing fits!!!!!! D reason y i said "disgusting" is cz d last time i joined SW i was 11stones 3lbs and im now almost 2 stones lighter so its pretty embarassing. lol But, every1 is allowed 2start over & i look 4ward 2it! Keep up d good work chicks. Hope i do as well as u both!xxx

Welcome to minimims :) I'm too old to read text style writing, that was hard going! Yeah, some of us started/currently weigh a lot more than what you weigh now, so don't go calling yourself disgusting! We all have weight problems for different reasons, but try and focus on the positives and healthy eating. I think it's a good idea to stay away from the scales, but I'm one of those who jumps on nearly once a day unfortunately. Good luck x

Hi guys! Thank u soooo much 4ur support! U guys have done amazingly well! Sorry if i sounded like i was saying that i felt disgusting. I actually dont at all, but its become an issue now where going out is a problem and im finding myself wearing d same outfits over & over again SIMPLY bcz i have nothing 2wear as nothing fits!!!!!! D reason y i said "disgusting" is cz d last time i joined SW i was 11stones 3lbs and im now almost 2 stones lighter so its pretty embarassing. lol But, every1 is allowed 2start over & i look 4ward 2it! Keep up d good work chicks. Hope i do as well as u both!xxx

Wow! You sound more positive already. I understand completely about being embarassed- we all understand that feeling, but like you, we have stood up and done something about it.

Just think of all the clothes you will be able to fit it soon!

Let us all know how you get on, if you have any questions or have a good/bad day and just want to share
xxxxxx

you have done well comeing back to it like myself i am new to sw but not new to diets but every time i finish one i learn something about myself i dont see it as a fail because it was only the time wasnt right for us but we will all get there one day at a time x

Awww thanks everyone!!! It's so good to be able to come on here and let off some steam. (Note that im not doing text style typing!! lol) I try not to tell people that im on a diet - if i can help it - cz i dont want them to think "o here we go AGAIN!" LOL Im a serial dieter and always try the latest 1s. Ive even done the Master Cleanse!!! Might I just point out that it was awful and by the end of the 2nd day i couldnt take it anymore and had kfc!!!!! Slimming World has always been my fave and i love the fact that its so healthy that even pregnant women can do it! Plus i love carbs so its filling and enjoyable! Hopefully this will be the last time that im on a diet and once the weight has gone i can eat healthily with the odd treat. I hope! lol Today has been pretty good. I had scrambled eggs on ONE slice of toast for breakfast with a cup of tea & a Muller Light (vanilla). Lunch was beans on a slice of toast wit grilled mushrooms, a quorn sausage and an apple, and dinner was home made egg & prawn fried rice with a diet coke! I had 2 snacks, an orange and a banana. Im loving it!! Good luck you guys!xxx ;)

Well, after a longggg weekend of visiting family & friends I have broken my diet! Yesterday I ended up having a glass of Baileys!!! I didnt come down 2hard on myself though, as it was a one off and im back on track 2day. I hate 2tell ppl that im on a diet - cz then if i dont succeed every1 knows lol - so if its a meal its easy cz I can choose wot & how much 2eat, but in this case, we visited a family friend 4abt 2hrs and he drinks so that was wot we got...lol Never mind, it was the weekend, and the weekend is OVER so back 2normal now. Hope ur all keeping up!!!xxx

You've got exactly the right attititude though Tammy, putting it behind you and going straight back to optimising. And looking at the bigger pciture, some Baileys isn't going to hurt, especially if you've had a low syn week hun.

Best of luck xxx

Thank u Indiflower!!!! I know wot u mean, but bcz im not weighing myself at all until d end, im VERY careful not 2have 2many sins - especially in alcohol form! lol Was really cheered up this morning when i saw a couple on GMTV who had lost an AMAZING amount of weight doing d Slimming World diet! D woman had lost something like 9 stones!!! How unreal is that??!!! Makes me feel soooo good though 2know that im not d only 1 and there r ppl wit bigger challenges than me, andddddd that SW really does work! So, take note d ppl who c me eating pasta and say 2themselves "no wonder she's f*t!" lol Now u know y i eat it, so nuhhhhhhhh!! lol :p As 4my general wellbeing, im doing pretty damn good! 2day i missed breakfast - no fault of my own - so was a bit annoyed cz i like 2keep a routine and eat at a certain time everyday - that way my stomach gets used 2d routine and im not hungry at all hours - however saying that, i managed 2grab a cereal bar at abt 11:30am and that did d trick. I got back on track and forced myself 2eat lunch at 2pm, and i had dinner at 6:30pm when i got in from work as usual, so all in all it was a gr8 day! Hope ur all doing gr8 as well!xxx :D

Today was a crazzzzzzzzzzzy day! Ive hardly been able to stop all day and therefore ive had has been breakfast (on d go!), lunch (on d go!), and dinner (abt 2hrs later than usual!). I had nooo time 4snacks which i hate bcz i like 2keep 2my routine, but never mind. Such is life! Hope uve all had a good day..xxx

Back