Starting Phase 1 today

I started phase1 yesterday & felt really grotty, I'm sure it was going on to decaf coffee. Yet I ate like a horse. Things are certainly a bit better today..

Good luck everyone.

Hello, I am so pleased to discover other harcombe dieters on this forum as there doesn't seem to be many threads on the Harcombe diet here probably as there is a website and forum dedicated to the diet, but I prefer this forum tbh so am really glad to see other fans of the diet plan.

I am on phase 2 - started Mon after a week of phase 1, lost 7lb in the 7 days and was over the moon with that :)

I am finding it pretty easy as long as you follow the rules and more importantly I'm enjoying it.

Let me know how you get on :)

Day 1 again!

Hi guys,
I slipped off the wagon over christmas and didn't come back to Harcombe, I've been following a low GI diet which was good and easy to follow but slipped up a few times lately with junk & sweets and my candida (thrush) has come back with a passion and is really getting me down so I'm going to start phase 1 again.
As before, I don't really have a lot of weight to lose, its really just about getting the candida under control.
So yesterday was day 1 but I hadn't really prepared and didn't have all the right foods in.

B: 2 eggs, 2 slices Wiltshire ham (this did have some sugar in the ingredients but I couldn't find any ham which didn't in the small shop I was in)
L: Salad with morrocan chicken kebabs from m&s (again these had some sugar in but so did all the plain roast chicken so I decided to go for the better tasting choice!)
D: Pork chop with roasted vegetable
S: Low fat natural yoghurt (only had low fat stuff in the house, gonna stock up on full fat for tomorrow)

Was feeling really tired from a heavy weekend at a wedding and so it was really hard not to reach for comfort food today (especially hard in the evening when OH was munching on all sorts of treats!).

How frustrating is it that all the prepackaged meat has sugar in it!

Last edited:
Hi glad to see you back............I'm on THD and have been since mid Feb, tho just come back from holiday and I know I've gained as I ate anything and everything, so back to phase 1 today tho not expecting to lose as much as before :(

Hi, I am new to Minimins and this is the first time I have commented. I am going to start phase 1 tomorrow, hubby is away, so it is just me and the dog, which should make things a bit easier (the dog doesn't argue back if I feel grotty!) I also have two weeks off work, so I will need you guys to talk to and for some encouragement. I have three and a half stone to lose. My son is getting married in 9 weeks and I would like to be a glamourous mother of the groom rather than a blob on the photos! Looking forward to getting to know you x

Starting weight 12st 7 lbs

It is so lovely to see other HDs on here, usually I seem to be the only one :giggle: to maximise your weight loss you would do best to stay on phase 1 for as long as possible........once you get over the first few days you should find that your cravings etc go and you should feel full for longer. Let me know how you get on :)

Thanks Dawnejoy for the advice and good to meet you. I will let you know how I go x

thats good, look forward to hearing how you are getting on :) Have you thought about starting your own thread? Hope you feeling better today :) It really does get easier the longer you follow it :):)

Back