Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Starting RTM today

Discussion in 'Route to Management' started by Anders, 13 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Anders

Anders Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st2lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(27.56%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I'm starting RTM today - this is a bit earlier than I expected to as I'm still about 1 stone above my target weight-however I've been finding it increasingly difficult to cope with the 4 foodpacks a day and have been feeling really tired for the last two weeks. My attempts to increase the amount of exercise I do have resulted in my being so wiped out I had to spend a Friday evening in bed to recover. Also I have been having vivid dreams about breaking abstinence with large meals! So it's time to come off abstinence. My LLC said that I would know when it was time and she was right. I'm now looking forward to my first 'meal' since the middle of March.

On the positive side I have now lost 6 stone since the week before I started LL and am determined to follow through with RTM. I think portion size is going to be my first challenge - 4 oz of oily fish per serving? eek.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sean(JSF)

Sean(JSF) Making it all add up

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st6lb(36.36%)
    Diet:
    Finished - Lighter Life
    Welcome aboard Anders

4. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    hi there
    good luck!
    daisy x

5. Anders

Anders Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st2lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(27.56%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Thanks guys. I'm hoping to follow Sean's pattern of weight loss during RTM.

My weight loss was 'only' 2 lbs last week, 3 lbs the week before and between 4-5 lbs in the previous weeks so I appeared to be slowing down. I don't know whether the increase in calories on RTM might (paradoxically) increase my weight loss this week...

6. thin_inside

thin_inside I Can Do This!

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(32.95%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Might be the case. Enjoy the 'new' taste experience.

I too have lost six stone, losses have slowed right down, exercise wipes me out and I dream about food the whole time. However, I am still over three stone from goal so will have to stick with abstinence for now. I may try a milk week though to see if this has the same paradoxical effect as you mention.

Good luck with RTM. x

7. Anders

Anders Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st2lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(27.56%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I'm wondering whether upping the exercise might put the body in a 'protective' mode in which less weight is lost...

8. Anders

Anders Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st2lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(27.56%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Had my first 'meal' since March last night - dry fried tuna steak - a bit bland without any dressing/sauce but still nice...

I may be brave and try tofu later in the week - haven't had much success with this in the past.

9. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    hi there
    the trick with tofu is to get as much moisture out as possible - i put mine inbetween 2 clean tea-towels then stand a heavy pan on top.

then marinade in something for a few hours

when 'frying' i make sure its a bit crispy on the sides as i don't like it when it is too wobbly but thats personal taste i guess.

daisy x

10. Anders

Anders Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st2lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(27.56%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I'll give that a try - they didn't seem to have any in my local ASDA, but maybe I was looking in the wrong place.

Yesterday I had 105g tinned red salmon with a 2 oz dollop of cottage cheese. I'm still not that sure on portion sizes. Yesterday's total calories were around 575 - is this enough?

What is a reasonable portion size for green salad? - I get to eat that today! Have got some balsamic vinegar to use as a dressing

11. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    hi
    in tesco the tofu is near the quorn stuff...not sure about asda.

i had about 100g of protein per meal and cereal bowl of salad

not sure if that is right tho? i'm sure sean will advise
    daisy x

12. Sean(JSF)

Sean(JSF) Making it all add up

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st6lb(36.36%)
    Diet:
    Finished - Lighter Life
    Rough guide is 100g of protein per meal, and Daisy's correct re salad/veg portions.

HOWEVER - after the first few days I found both a little too restrictive & averaged 120 - 150g protein, and didn't bother measuring veg (other than when carbs are introduced which I kept to very small portions as I know they are a problem for me).

Overall I'd advise to do what comes naturally, BUT listen to your body & leave food on the plate once you are full - that's the real trick :)

13. Anders

Anders Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st2lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(27.56%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Interesting. I decided that 100g grams was just a bit too small so have had on average ~ 130g.

So far its been ~ 100g fish and ~ 1 oz Cottage Cheese. I had my first salad last night, which I put in a soup bowl. When I sat down to eat it I thought "too much" and sure enough I left about a 1/3 of the salad. I think I'll use a smaller bowl next time.

Tonight I'm experimenting with Tofu - I have dry-fried 125g of Tofu and am marinading it in crushed garlic/chopped chili/soy sauce and will grill it.

Since Garlic and (fresh) Chili don't appear in the list of allowed vegetables in week one - I'm surprised they appear in the recipes in the week 1 RTM book. Not making a mistake am I?

Interestingly, I seem to be losing more weight this week than either of the previous weeks.....

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.