starting slimming world in september

sweet-like-coco

Hi everyone. I am thinking of starting slimming world in september. I have tried so many diets i am worried this one will just end in failure as well but I am willing to give it my all and it seems like a good plan. I am just worried that eating so much food will make me gain weight instead of lose! I was told that if i wanted to i could even have a chocolate bar a day??

Could you please explain how red days and green days work in brief? Do you make up your own week or are there standard red and green days eg :
Monday :Green
Tuesday: Red
Wednesday: Green etc

Also how do you work out the syn values. Eg I drink starbucks coffee on a regular basis.

Hi,
It's great and amazing how much food you can eat ! I started in deb this year and have lost almost 5 stone already. I have eaten loads of free foods plus meals out and takeaways ! You really can't lose I do the extra easy which is a combination of red and green days and I think it's easiest but just do whatever suits you.

When u join u get a great book that tells u a lot of syn values but the sw website is best for finding out all the values
Hope that helps and u decide to join cos it has changed how I eat altogether !!

Hi!!
I joined only four weeks ago and have lost 9.5lbs already! I get bored very easily and generally turn to food! :(
but on SW that is ok!! there is so many foods you can eat without a single worry ! fruit, veg, met, pasta, rice...... (you get a book with lists in etc ) ooh and muller light yoghurts are 'free' meaning u can eat them ! ( ilove them)
its really easy to follow and yes you can have a chocolate bar!! i just had a chinese takeaway :) and have done each week and still loose the weight as long as you stick to what they say.
you really can eat all that food and still loose weight its brilliant

hope you do join and find it as good as i have!!

all the best
x

Hi for close on 30 years I was a staunch WW's dieter, but in all that time I never really lost any major weight, nor did I keep it off and I was always hungry. Since I started at SW classes, I have lost 4 and a half stone, (I lost over 6st at home before joining a class following the principles of SW so in total have lost close to 11st), not once have I ever been hungry, in fact the opposite, as the others on here have said there are loads and loads of free foods that you can eat, I tend to steer clear of too much rice, or pasta in fact carbs in general for snacking on as I am intolerant of them, but I eat loads of fruit and veg plus yoghurt and yes cakes and sweets and even chocolate too, although I don't have them regularly, but that's my choice, both my daughters have joined SW with me and they do regularly have chocolate, curry's from the take-aways and chinese and all sorts and they too are losing weight too...have a look at my profile pictures, if you need proof of whether SW works, there is the proof.
Hope you decide to join us, gl whatever you decide xx

P.S. When I started SW I had exactly 20st to lose, just under 9st left to go x

Hi,
I've done WW and SW and I find Slimming World amazing. It's almost too good to be true. Yes, you really can eat loads if you want to and still lose weight. The beauty of it is that it just fits into your life with so little effort and VERY little weighing and measuring. I mostly do the extra easy plan, and by it's very nature you eat really healthily without even thinking about it. My skin and nails are the best they've ever been and I feel healthier than I have done for years. Honestly hun, I can't recommend it enough. good luck whatever you decide x

Back