Starting SS

sbridge7

Silver Member
Hey,
I am due to start the Cambridge diet, late June and I was wondering whether or not you took the advice on the website. It says to start on 1000 calories before going down to SS. Did you follow this advice or simply start? Thanks.

Hey..
Just wanted to wish you luck with your journey, I know you said your not starting till June.. I guess thats a little way away yet.. You could start doing the 1000 calories I am sure you would start losing...

I just started straight way only for me because it was very sudden. i thought I starting found a cdc and then literally started.
Actually I tell a lie I was going to start before I actually started then I decided to go on holiday so thought it was best to wait till I came back..

Good luck with whatever you decide to do

Thanks so much for your reply; I'm going to start calorie counting until I start, in a bid to lose a little before the time comes. Your losses are fantastic, I can't wait until I start :)

Good idea.. I think that will definatley help you to start losing before you start.. I bet you cant wait to start it is exciting and boy do you feel so much better when you see the weight start coming off!!!
Is there anyway you could start sooner or are you waiting for a reason.. (sorry hope you dont mind me asking)

is there any reason why your waiting until June? don;t have to say just wondered!

I started straight away cold turkey on 29th Dec ekk, but was so glad I did as I would of eaten and drank 7lb on New years eve lol

good luck with your journey

Just been looking at some of your other posts, sbridge7 - the reason you can't start until June is because you don't turn 18 until then, right? Not sure about the rules, but maybe you can't start CD until you're 18?

Anyway - yes! Go for the 1000 calorie option. That's still pretty low in calories compared to other diets out there and you could get yourself off to a really good start.

Good luck :D

i started ss straight away. i think most people do. if you do 1000 plan first you will get less side effects from carb withdrawal, but if you cut down on the carbs beforehand there's no reason you can't go straight into ss without those.

good luck with the cal counting babes :)

abz xx

Good idea.. I think that will definatley help you to start losing before you start.. I bet you cant wait to start it is exciting and boy do you feel so much better when you see the weight start coming off!!!
Is there anyway you could start sooner or are you waiting for a reason.. (sorry hope you dont mind me asking)

I wish I could start sooner! No, I don't mind you asking; I'm in my final year of 6f and have my A levels and I know doing SS can make you a bit light headed. So I don't want it to affect my exams. Plus I'm not 18 until June 26th, which I thought might affect when I get my forms signed by my GP and I want to enjoy my birthday! I'm planning to start on 29th though and I'm looking forward :)

is there any reason why your waiting until June? don;t have to say just wondered!

I started straight away cold turkey on 29th Dec ekk, but was so glad I did as I would of eaten and drank 7lb on New years eve lol

good luck with your journey

Thanks, that must have been a bit hard before New Years! I just explained in the post above why I'm not starting until June :)

you are usually only light headed for the first few days. saying that it's not a good idea to risk your exams. adding stress now is not something you want to do, and ss can be stressful :)

good luck in your exams babes :)

abz xx

Just been looking at some of your other posts, sbridge7 - the reason you can't start until June is because you don't turn 18 until then, right? Not sure about the rules, but maybe you can't start CD until you're 18?

Anyway - yes! Go for the 1000 calorie option. That's still pretty low in calories compared to other diets out there and you could get yourself off to a really good start.

Good luck :D

Yup, that's part of the reason :) Thanks again, I'm hopeing to lose a bit before :)

i started ss straight away. i think most people do. if you do 1000 plan first you will get less side effects from carb withdrawal, but if you cut down on the carbs beforehand there's no reason you can't go straight into ss without those.

good luck with the cal counting babes :)

abz xx

Thanks so much, I'm definitely going to lay off the carbs, closer to the time :)

you are usually only light headed for the first few days. saying that it's not a good idea to risk your exams. adding stress now is not something you want to do, and ss can be stressful :)

good luck in your exams babes :)

abz xx

Yeah, that's what I thought, plus I thought I would be more likely to cheat if I started now. Plus it gives me a goal to work to before university :) And thanks again, everyone on here is so friendly x

Good luck for great exam results hun and your CD start afterwards :D:D:D

Hey! Im starting SS in May for the same reason as i want to get my studies out of the way and diet all summer!. To make the first couple of days easier for me im going to cut down carbs and sugars slowly for about 2 weeks before i start. Im addicted to chocolate so reckon my body would go into shock if i stopped completely!.

Im so excited, can hardly sleep!. I feel like i can really relate to your story, wish i had heard of something like this when i turned 18, but meh am 21 and cannot wait to go back to uni is september a different person!. :)

Good luck with your exams and whatnot!.

Jess x

Thanks @ Isis, I can't wait until they're out of the way :)

@ IndigoMonday, I'm so excited myself I really cannot wait. Especially as it will be the end of 6f when I start, I feel like it will be a period of transition, as well as transforming me into a new person before I start university. I feel that it will allow me to forget the old, unhappy me from the past and look forward to a totally different me. I agree with you on chocolate, lool. Good luck with your studies too and the CD, let me know how you do :) xx

Shantel​

Back