Starting SW on Monday!

Squeako

Hi All!

I've just signed up to Slimming World Online and am going to start working towards a slimmer, healthier me on Monday. I've been planning the first week's menu and am food shopping tomorrow, so just wanted to say hi to everyone!

Bought myself some scales today and I'm 17st 2. I've been having problems with my back recently (sciatica) and have been advised to "lose my tum" by the physio!!

I did SW about 6 years ago and lost 4 stone, but it all piled back on after moving in with my hubby-to-be (another reason for the weight loss - the dreaded wedding photos!).

Genuinely looking forward to the next few months - I know how much better I felt last time the pounds started disappearing, and and determined to do it again.

Glad to have found somewhere with like minded people and look forward to chatting soon!!

Squeako said:
Hi All!

I've just signed up to Slimming World Online and am going to start working towards a slimmer, healthier me on Monday. I've been planning the first week's menu and am food shopping tomorrow, so just wanted to say hi to everyone!

Bought myself some scales today and I'm 17st 2. I've been having problems with my back recently (sciatica) and have been advised to "lose my tum" by the physio!!

I did SW about 6 years ago and lost 4 stone, but it all piled back on after moving in with my hubby-to-be (another reason for the weight loss - the dreaded wedding photos!).

Genuinely looking forward to the next few months - I know how much better I felt last time the pounds started disappearing, and and determined to do it again.

Glad to have found somewhere with like minded people and look forward to chatting soon!!

Hiya I've just started slimming world a week ago still getting use to it. But it doesn't feel like a diet which I love. Good luck on your journey, hope to chat to you soon:).
Cam :)

Hi there!

I'm new too! Started slimming world classes on Thursday's and joined a gym, I think SW is the best cause personally I think it's something it is possible to stick to long term, relatively speaking any diet can work and get you to your goal but tge hard part is staying there! I think SW is a very possible way of living a normal life and about the right choices and food awareness.

So good luck, it's very possible and we're all in it together!! X

Bestme:) x

:welcome:squeako
im starting on monday me and my partner not going to a class following old food diaries. any support and help will be glady apprieciated:)

gud luck hun catch up with u with our first weigh in

Good luck squeako. Hope you have a great time reaching your weight loss goals... I'm new too, trying to get used to measurements in stones. 8o)

Thanks for all the welcomes!!

It's so good that there's a whole group of us starting at the same time - I'm sure we'll all need a bit of support / advice from time to time and it's great to get that from people who really understand!!

Good luck to all of you - the great thing with SW is that I know it can work and suit my lifestyle, I just need that keep motivated. Hopefully we can all help each other with that. xx

Good luck to everyone, I want to sign up to a class, but at the moment have borrowed a friends sw stuff to get us started as cash is tight, have tried a few of the recipes and made some of my own up. Have found that when you make the American burgers you need to add an egg or they just fall apart! I am also trying to slim for wedding photos.

Good luck squeako, I rejoined last Wednesday, so first WI in 3 days. I am following the EE for the first time, so a bit nervous of how much will come off in 1st week. Always followed red in past with good results. :)

I have to admit Jill that EE confuses me a bit!! I haven't read through all the leaflets yet, but I'm sure it'll make sense when I do!! It didn't exist last time I did SW...

I've generally done green days during the week, as it easier for my other half to add a bit more meat/fish/cheeeeese to his food than to bother cooking spuds/rice etc to meet his carb needs when I'm doing red days ( he's a type 1 diabetic and finds his condition much easier to manage by having a reasonable amount of carbs each meal).

But then that's the best thing about SW for me - as someone who likes to cook from scratch it's relatively easy to adapt meals to suit everyone!

As today is the last evening of the new me I've been a bit naughty - am off to cook some soup for lunch for the next few days x

Hi Squeako. I started SW last Tuesday and it's been great. Hasn't felt like I'm on a diet at all and has been the perfect thing for me to get into after Xmas.

Good luck with your journey xx

Back