Starting SW today

Kirsty702

Hiya everyone.. This is my 1st day at my 3rd attempt and really really determend to stick with it.. Any one have any tips for my process have major weight to shift :)

Hey! Good luck with it :) I've stopped and started a fair few times as well and currently on day 3 and finding it so much easier this time.

I don't really have many tips other than have a good look round the forum as there are some amazing bits of advice and amazing success stories to keep you motivated.

Thanks a million!! Off today so defo going to try and read as many posts as possible and keep on top of syns :) good luck to u too :) xx

Hi! Im restarting today after a two week break - Im totally starting afresh!

Good luck! x

Top Tips

If you bite it, write it.
Set mini goals, and give yourself non-food based pampering rewards when you hit each one. Keep them small, so you regularly reward your progress.
Variety is vital. Keep your metabolism busy with a stream of unexpected treats. Dont have the same meal day after day.
When making meals, if possible, make extra, and freeze it. Always good to have something you can microwave and eat in a hurry.
Plan Plan Plan - shop to your plan so that you dont have things you dont need in to tempt you.
Have a syn box - small low syn treats that you enjoy.
Use your syns daily, and always have at least 5. They are there to be used.
Trust the plan. It works, if you let it.

Good luck! You'll do great. As long as your head is in the right place, the rest is easy.

My tip would be simply refusing to quit. Be stubborn about it. You've started your journey, now start finishing it. Good luck :)

lisajade said:
My tip would be simply refusing to quit. Be stubborn about it. You've started your journey, now start finishing it. Good luck :)

This is exactly the way Im thinking of it. Brilliant way to think.

I have just had my first month at Slimming World for the first time. I have definatley found writing everything down useful. Also make sure you measure and weigh your food as you might be shocked at portion sizes. I always have fruit in (Aldi do good 69p bargains) that way I can just grab and munch on something syn free. Good luck

I plan my meals the day before so I know exactly what I'm going to eat that way I don't get tempted to eat "just anything" because I'm hungry.

Back