Starting SW tomo...what 1 item would you say you need

sonkie

Gold Member
Hi guys I have come off Lipotrim and going to be starting SW tomorrow......thing is as I have not been eating we only have the crap the kids like to eat in the house.......I am so totally unprepared ....what are the basics I will need that you think are vital.....

1: skimmed milk (can have more)
2: sweetex......are they free ??

Please add to the list with what you cant get by without ....will help me out a great deal....thanx xx

fresh fruit and vegetables! do you know whether you will be following the red/green/EE plan yet hun? on red - lean meat and fish, on green - pasta, potatoes, noodles, cous cous, baked beans! cereals like weetabix/bran flakes can be used as a healthy extra and muller lights are always useful because they're syn free!

hope some of that helps, all will become clear in your first meeting im sure :) xx

I would go to your first meeting tonight, then spend the evening plan plan planning your meals for the week, then write a shopping list of EXACTLY what you need (remembering there's lots of HeB snacks you can get) and shop tomorrow morning - good to go!!

After not eating proper food for any space of time I know I would have to be VERY disciplined if I went to a supermarket or the whole shop would be going in my trolley :) :)

I'm a big fan of Quorn, especially if you do the green plan, you can have quorn sausage and mash or spag bol using quorn mince and pasta and all syn free, also i keep cooked quorn sausages in the fridge to nibble on, If i do a red day I keep crab sticks to nibble on as well.

1: skimmed milk (can have more)
2: sweetex......are they free ??
3: fresh fruit and veggies
4: salad
5: baking potatoes
5: baked beans...which are best for low syns ???
6: muller light yogurts

Hi Sonkie.. invest in spice rack! And Frylight! As others have said it will depend on the plan but spices + frylight will not go wrong xx

Defo fry light and a few boxes of alpen light bars x x x

I'm a big fan of Quorn, especially if you do the green plan, you can have quorn sausage and mash or spag bol using quorn mince and pasta and all syn free, also i keep cooked quorn sausages in the fridge to nibble on, If i do a red day I keep crab sticks to nibble on as well.

never tried quorn.......does anyone know if it tastes like meat.....would have it minced as bolognese......

I dont mind quorn in spag bol or curry as the flavour is masked but not keen on the sausages etc x

Also the chopped tomatos in cardboard pouches that have basil in it or oregano are great! make spag bol taste amazing - I have looked them up on the website and can't find them under syns.....

I am presuming they are free because it is chopped tom. but just with added herbs which are free.....

Correct me if i'm wrong anyone

1: skimmed milk
2: sweetex
3: fresh fruit and veggies
4: salad
5: baking potatoes
5: heinz baked beans
6: muller light yogurts
7: frylight
8: spices
9: alpen light bars..... syn free ???
10: pasta
11: eggs
12: reduced fat cheese !

Last edited:
Sweetener is free hun yeah, Alpen Lights are a Healthy Extra B choice, 2 bars, on all plans. Beans are free on green/extra easy too.

I'm a quorn convert - very surprised at myself to be honest! I like the sausages & chicken style pieces/fillets. I'm not keen on the swedish style balls though and I haven't yet tried the mince. I bought some beef style pieces the other day and they are in the freezer for when I get round to using them in something.
I certainly think it's worth having a try of something quorn to see if you like it or not though!!

My suggestions are:
Frylite stirfry flavour (if you like them)
Soy sauce
Stock cubes
Balsamic Vinegar
Reduced fat cheese (tesco do an extra mature cheddar that I've just discovered and I don't think I'll ever eat the full fat stuff again having found it!!)
Pasta
Couscous
Eggs

Thanx guys you have been a great help.......if you think of anything else just post it up......x

If you're doing Extra Easy then extra lean mince is handy, freezable and versatile! Packs of pasta and rice would be handy too. I also recommend buying some frozen veg for stews/casseroles, things like carrots, swede, peas, onion, peppers etc

Sorry I keep thinking of things and coming back to tell you about them!! x

thanks again...that is why I posted on here to get some ideas as i have not prepared .....lol...

Which bread is the lowest syns.......for all plans.....??? We usually have hovis or kingsmill....

A standard 400g wholemeal loaf = 2 slices are a Healthy Extra B choice. I'm not sure about brands or anything hun I just buy own brand 400g loaf or Weight Watchers wholemeal and have 2 slices for a B choice xx

Back