Starting the Cambridge Diet in the morning

cyberspace, water is definitely one of the golden elements to this diet. Go get guzzling and well done on being so determined!

X

Sorry I got your name wrong in that post Spacebabe....... forgive me!

Bren
X

Day 3 was tough for most of us! I have good news - it will get better from here on!! :D

You will probably be in ketosis tomorrow and be full of energy and nowhere near as hungry as you (might) have been these past few days.

You can do it!!

Day 1 is pretty cruisey
Day 2 is a faint headache and ok with cravings (in the mind)
Day 3 is usually dizzy, headachy and you think that perhaps I need food to make that pain go away.
Day 4 you are in Ketosis !!!! Yay and you will be fine now.

Oh but you will be loosing........... weight that is!

Be strong Spacebabe!

Bren
X

Heya Spacebabe..

I'm on day 7 now.. the first 5 days for me were really tough- not because i wasn't eating, nor did i have any cravings, just how weak i felt, my whole body ached, and i had seriously bad head rush and dizziness whenever i stood up.. But now i have a wierd amount of energy, and the hunger has totally gone. I've got no cravings either..

first weigh in later today.. can't wait!!!

I hope you are doing ok, just keep at it.. as everyone has said, it will get easier! And at the end of the day... there isn't any other diets that make you loose weight so fast!! :p

Lauren good luck with your WI!

Spacebabe how are you going??

Bren
X

Hiya!

I'm seriously thinking about starting the cambridge diet, everything else I've tried has lasted until the first excuse (not very long!) How are you all finding it?

It's nice to see other people from NI doing it too

Kate :)

Hi i am starting cd 2moz for the 1st time (wish me luck) lol. Great support from you guys, really spurs ppl on.

Well done, keep it up and think of the lovely wedding you got to look forward too in the new slimmer you!!!! x

Well hello people - its been a while.. i have tried to stay away because i found i was thinking about it more and more.. and just needed to stop thinking and do it

For Katey Kate and White - Defo recommend it - day 5 was my first weigh in and I lost 4 lbs in 5 days - my counsellor said that was good so im pleased. :)

I was away for the weekend and tried to continue with the SS - it was difficult - was away with the Hen Party that my friends and I organised for the bride to be - Headed to Galway= FYI - you have to go there if your ever organising one!! best time ever!!!

Headed away on fri and of course we went for something to eat - my imediate reaction was to get the chicken gougons and the dipping sauces with a fanta orange.. i ordered a Chicken Ceasar Salad with a glass of water - On sat nite we headed for another meal - ordered no started, a chicken ceasar salad and a glass of water - of course both times i requested the dressing be on the side and both times i avoided it!!

On the sunday on the return we stopped off for a sunday roast dinner - of which I ate half of the chicken and veg.

It has been hard as my friends are not aware of the diet that I am on but they do know i am CUTTING DOWN

On the journey they were all eating 'crap' and i avoided it at all times. :) I was really pround - i didnt even crave any of it...

i have been on sole source for the last few days and have my second weigh in tomorrow - it was hard to stay completely on this but i tried to eat the best possible and did not gorge.. I hope that i have not kicked myself out of ketosis for what i have done but i can only move on - I will let yous all know how i get on with weigh in 2 tomorrow night!!

Hope all is well..

Lorna

Well hello people - its been a while.. i have tried to stay away because i found i was thinking about it more and more.. and just needed to stop thinking and do it

For Katey Kate and White - Defo recommend it - day 5 was my first weigh in and I lost 4 lbs in 5 days - my counsellor said that was good so im pleased. :)

I was away for the weekend and tried to continue with the SS - it was difficult - was away with the Hen Party that my friends and I organised for the bride to be - Headed to Galway= FYI - you have to go there if your ever organising one!! best time ever!!!

Headed away on fri and of course we went for something to eat - my imediate reaction was to get the chicken gougons and the dipping sauces with a fanta orange.. i ordered a Chicken Ceasar Salad with a glass of water - On sat nite we headed for another meal - ordered no started, a chicken ceasar salad and a glass of water - of course both times i requested the dressing be on the side and both times i avoided it!!

On the sunday on the return we stopped off for a sunday roast dinner - of which I ate half of the chicken and veg.

It has been hard as my friends are not aware of the diet that I am on but they do know i am CUTTING DOWN

On the journey they were all eating 'crap' and i avoided it at all times. :) I was really pround - i didnt even crave any of it...

i have been on sole source for the last few days and have my second weigh in tomorrow - it was hard to stay completely on this but i tried to eat the best possible and did not gorge.. I hope that i have not kicked myself out of ketosis for what i have done but i can only move on - I will let yous all know how i get on with weigh in 2 tomorrow night!!

Hope all is well..

Lorna

hey hun - so pleased to hear from ya - had texted....but no reply :(

glad weekend went well - was thinking bout you......you're a star for staying on track !!!

look forward to the WI tomorrow....

be good !

love,

Debz xx

Last edited:
Wow - that's fab, you should be really proud of yourself. Not drinking on a hen weekend is a massive acheivement on it's own, but sticking to water and chicken salads (no dressing) should also mean you have stayed in ketosis and should (hopefully) still have a good loss. Let us know how WI went. You have done so well - well done you :) x

Hi Debz - the hen was that good left my fone, licence and a loose change purse in Galway!!! the hotel said they were going to post it up but still havent received it!! Sorry for the nil reply!! lol..

To be honest - I was never much of a drinker so the drink didnt bother me .. i was actually more plsd with not waking up with a hangover!! lol.

Im sure the room nxt door didnt know what was going on when they heard my hand blender going off in the morning!!! lol.. and the funny looks i got from the bar asking for a jug of water to take back to my room!! lol.

Im defo determined for this to work - not even on it two weeks and i can feel a difference - whether the scales say the same tomorrow is a different thing!! lol..

Good luck with WI tomorrow and well done on making the smart food choices.

Spacerbabe, well done on the healthy choices and you should be proud. I know you will have had a great WI.

As for not telling your friends I feel a little like this. Hubby sees me having Cambridge and just knows that I am watching my diet again. I have told 1 friend only and am going home at the end of Sept so wanting to be about 9 or 10 kilos lighter, much closer to goal for sure! i think by not telling people it keeps me more determined to succeed?

Bren
X

Back