Starting to Cheat

Mia

Skinny girl in a fat body
I am into my 10th week of SS and only had a couple of cheats along the way, mainly this past 2 weeks, but I am having a "night in" :cupid: on Thursday and becasue I know I am going to eat, I have started cheating. I boil chicken in the slow cooker for my two little dogs and have started to pick at that on a daily basis, not a lot, just a bit meat to fill me up. It's boiled so no fat added so that shouldn't be too bad, but today at work I had 4 biscuits and since Sunday I have eaten about 10 Ferrero Rocher chocolates (I don't even like them all that much !!!!). I am scared I am slipping. I want to get back on track but becasue Thursday is in my head I am thinking "what the hell" :(

Don't panic or beat yourself up !! Why don't you step up to ss+ just having alittle meal each day may keep you on track !! Good luck

Thanks Julie, I don't really want to do SS+, I like to take food out of the equation altogether but through experience know that once I start cheating I either have to nip it in the bud asap or that's it!!! I cant wait to get Thursday over lol

Why don't you try and mentally take it day by day, therefore breaking down the challenge into more manageable pieces. If you say to yourself that you can get through the day without going off plan - that is a huge achievement in itself and will motivate you for the next day.
If you like the Lemon Yoghurt bars, you can now have up to 3 a day so that can make it feel like you are eating something naughty! You can also to SS+ but have the extra CWP product instead of a small meal. Good luck! x

Thanks, gonna try to take one day at a time like you say. Know I have to be good to compensate for Thursday, just dunno what's come over me :(

I know exactly how you feel!! I'm going on Holiday for a week with my Mum next Friday. We'd booked it before I started the diet. My Mum is very supportive of me doing this diet, but she's also said she's not eating by herself everyday! And I KNOW there is no way I'd be able to take a shake down to dinner and watch Mum eat a pizza in front of me. So I'm really struggling to keep my motivation going this week, knowing I'll be eating anyway. But at the same time, I know the longer I can do SS, the more weight I'll have lost before the holiday. So even if I put on a few lbs while away, it's not as bad as if I started eating today. And I know I'll get back on it as soon as I'm back!

Good Luck. And just stick with it! xxx

I am into my 10th week of SS and only had a couple of cheats along the way, mainly this past 2 weeks, but I am having a "night in" :cupid: on Thursday and becasue I know I am going to eat, I have started cheating. I boil chicken in the slow cooker for my two little dogs and have started to pick at that on a daily basis, not a lot, just a bit meat to fill me up. It's boiled so no fat added so that shouldn't be too bad, but today at work I had 4 biscuits and since Sunday I have eaten about 10 Ferrero Rocher chocolates (I don't even like them all that much !!!!). I am scared I am slipping. I want to get back on track but becasue Thursday is in my head I am thinking "what the hell" :(
Hi Miriam .... you've done so well , god tenth week coming up, the mind is very powerful ,take the thought out of your head about Thursday and thinkif I cheat anymore i'm only going to add more time to my weight loss . your strong! are you going away this year ? maybe keep that in mind to keep you on track .

I know nickbottem. Last year I did this diet and lost loads of weight but started too early and put loads back on just before the holiday hahahaha. I am murder for this diet, every year I do the same thing. Go away and have a good time, the diet will be here when you come back xx

Hi Jackie, I'm not going away this year :( just want to lose weight for myself. I know I will be back on track on Friday, I will make sure of it, but I have been very naughty today and stuffed my face with chocolate. How's your diet going? x

I know nickbottem. Last year I did this diet and lost loads of weight but started too early and put loads back on just before the holiday hahahaha. I am murder for this diet, every year I do the same thing. Go away and have a good time, the diet will be here when you come back xx

Hi Jackie, I'm not going away this year :( just want to lose weight for myself. I know I will be back on track on Friday, I will make sure of it, but I have been very naughty today and stuffed my face with chocolate. How's your diet going? x

You've kept yourself strong on plan , look how far you've come . As for me i'd love to be able to have almost 10 weeks under me , I was good yesterday , and been good today , I see so many people big with health problems and think ho no I don't want to be like that . no hollybobs ? why never ? you feeling ok ? lol me too no holiday .... im looking for work applied for a lot but no joy , booked to go on a course for 6 weeks , so hope to hear soon ..... keep fingers crossed for Friday

Hi Mia

I feel your frustration-i was 100% up untill last week and can feel myself slipping, i keep picking at stuff, i had two spoons of lasagne which i dont even like i had a few wedges , or id take one of the kids jellies, i need to stop it but i just want one day to stuff my face i know i wont cos im currently on wk 9 and have come this far it wud be such a shame.

Its my birthday on Wednesday and were going to my fav restaurant where i wud order a curry and a nice desssert but im not even going to bother coming off plan and just get a salad, as much as i wud love the curry.

Ive started to read peoples diaries on hear to get some motivation.

Ex

I think as far as slip ups are concerned, chicken isn't an issue, as long as it doesn't turn into other things.

I'm close to target and miss the strictness, fear and determination I had the early days, now I always find myself "tasting" things! I've enter gone off an for a whole meal, or a snack or whatever, only a spoonful here, a bite there, but it's a slippery slope and I'm walking on very thin ice right now!

Righto, have cheated since Thursday until Sunday, 4 days of pure greed !!! I have put 7lb on :eek:

So, back on today and hopefully will lose that by next weekend. This is hard !!!!

I started to slip into the cheating way - I started CD with my partner and he's now happy with where he is while I've still a bit to go.

I'm too focussed on making sure he eats properly that I am cooking (and tasting as I go) all his meals and making sure he is eating 3 times a day etc. All the little tastes are definitely adding up. I need to give myself a shake - as difficult as it is to do. Am lucky that I have only put on weight 1 week (when I was technically on SS) and a week when I had a break for holiday so I know it will catch up with me soon...

good to see that it's not always plain sailing for everyone!

Righto, have cheated since Thursday until Sunday, 4 days of pure greed !!! I have put 7lb on :eek:

So, back on today and hopefully will lose that by next weekend. This is hard !!!!

I feel your pain, I have just completed 11 weeks and for the past 2 of those have started to pick at food mainly chicken and cheese, oh an mini sausages ( which I would never normally eat) at my weigh in today I lost 2 lb, so this week I'm not going to cheat at all not one morsel of food will pass my lips, and hopefully will have a nice big loss next week, good luck this week, stay focused :)

Hi Miriam , how is it going are you back on it ok now ? I went to my first Lighterlife group last night , you know I said SS was making me feel sick well I kept thinking what next as I have to pay my doctor for my form as bmi too high , I thought no way am I giving my GP money , if they really was caring they would just sign it ....
i'm on the total , so first day today .....
I see lots of things going on in your sig , great for picking it back up soon say good bye to your gain .

Back