Starting today 22 July 2012

Chicken and mushroom soup for dinner - put quite a bit of pepper in it and it is nice but slightly more grainy/chalky (?) than the other soups so far. Went for a jog tonight as well and did 2 miles non stop so really chuffed with myself for that. The club runners said that by the time we meet up again in a fortnight I should be aiming to do around 2.5 - 3 miles so that is the goal for the next fortnight.
Night off exercise again tomorrow night and then spin class on Friday after work. Just keep reminding myself that by the time I get through spin on Friday I will be having my first weigh in 12 hours later!!! Nervous and excited! I definately feel as though I have lost something already as I do not feel as bloated as I used to but still plenty of wobbly bits going round the track tonight!!!

Day 5 almost done - woohooo!!!! Tried the banana shake with ice and cinnamon tonight - was nice and refreshing in the heat! One more day to get through before weigh in on Saturday!!!!! Still feeling really good and positive, made it through the day at work - boss back from holidays with loads of goodies which I totally didn't fancy or want which is a good thing! She is the only one at work now who knows I am doing CD - apart from anything else, she understands about VLCD's and so was interested to know about it rather than be judgemental (plus she has heard of it before!!!) and also it will help with her understanding if I need to avoid any particular client events such as dinners for the forseeable - can handle buffets and drinks receptions, but sit down dinners would be more difficult to get through without having to explain myself to a load of strangers and/or clients!
I actually made my daughter her evening snack as well tonight - first time since Sunday really (when I had no choice as Hubby at work so if I didn't prepare her food she wouldn't have eaten all day!!) and although I thought it smelled amazing it was surprisingly easy to just put on a plate and give it to her without even wanting to lick my fingers or anything - which I think is a really good sign!
Also managed to get through so far without the added 200m of skimmed milk - I am a tea addict and wasn't sure I could go this long without a nice cuppa so following a chat with my CDC on Sat agreed that if I felt I just couldn't cope then I should just have a SS+ day and have the allocation of milk - might save that for my Fri and Sat evenings as a treat if I feel it necessary at any point!
Anyways, hope everyone is having a good week/day so far.
S

Hi Sammeh you sound as if you are doing really well. I have now just completed 3 weeks on 810 I find it easier to have a small meal as well as shakes/soup. I started at 12st 9.5 and am now 12st 2.5 so have lost 6.5 lbs was a bit disappointed this week because I have stuck to the plan and not cheated so my CDC measured me and I have lost 8" overall so that made me feel a lot better. I found the first 4 days the hardest and then after that it has been fairly easy I prefer the shakes with loads of ice and I have also added a shot of expresso coffee to the vanilla and the chocolate which is brill the chocolate just tastes like a mocha from starbucks. I have also mixed the coconut with the chocolate and it tastes just like bounty so that is worth a try if you like that sort of thing. Good luck with your weigh in.

Thanks Dringo! Only new flavour left to try out of this weeks selection before WI on Sat is the Tom soup - hope it is ok! Am working my way through the flavours to see what I like and keeping a food diary with what I thought of them to monitor and "trend" in favourite etc - very geeky but if it keeps me out of kitchen and distracted in the evening then not doing any harm I guess! So next week should have a completely new batch of ones to try.
I am going to pick up some coconut on saturday and give that a go both on own and mixed with a chocolate one - I am really surprised by the variety on offer and very relieved that I actually like all of the ones I have tried so far (although some more than others admittedly)! I guess that really helps make the diet a lot easier to cope with!
Well done on sticking through for so long! I think it is very easy to get caught up in the scales and forget we are also having extreme body shape changes as well. Plus in this heat, our bodies do retain more water so well done on the loss (both inches and pounds!).
This diet does work and works consistently well if you stick to plan (which ever one it is that you choose) - I know several people who have lost a lot of weight on CD, like you they had weeks where there were "small" weight losses but the inches still go - they stuck with it and low and behold, everything caught up eventually!!! This is what I am going to have to keep reminding myself - very easy to believe it before I have a single weigh in and I wonder how much harder it will be when it happens to me, which it inevitably will at some point on this!!!

Day 6, still suffering from rumbly/gurgly tummy but still feeling good. Last minute changes to my plans this evening mean that I am off out to the Dogs tonight - perhaps I will get lucky and win something!!! It is for someon'e birthday party so am bound to be surrounded bu the usual buffet food and alcohol but as I have weigh in in the morning, hopefully this will help me to resist if I do get the urge! Will be a mad rush to get home and have my tom soup after spin class tonight before I leave. So have a good end of the week and heres to a good start to the weekend for everyone.
S

Woohoo, I won £10.05!!!! No nibbles and 3 bottles of sparkling water so very impressed with myself! Roll on weigh in tomorrow.

:8855:Ran 2.2 miles non stop today followed by spin class. Weigh in results....lost 9 lbs (in 6 days) - am sooooooo happy!!
:8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:

Well done hun :). Are you on SS? I'm on day 3 of SS and am feeling surprisingly good. I can't wait for my official WI on wednesday. Weighed myself today and lost 5lb xx

Thanks Vicky, I am on SS although if I feel the need for a cuppa with milk then I will have a day as SS+ and add 200 mil skimmed milk - haven't felt the need yet though!! Plus we have no skimmed milk in the house so even if I did, it would mean a walk to the shops first!!

Well, day 8 today - had a really bad day yesterday. I overdid it at the gym and so had absolutely no energy. I also didn't drink enough water I suspect. After weigh in, hubby and daughter had lunch and then we headed out to Tescos and to pick up a few other bits shopping - but the time we got home around 3pm I felt really dizzy and sick. Had a sit down for half hour but then I just started to feel hungry, really really hungry and and completely drained. I guess it was simply because I had done too much and not had enough water so took myself off to bed with a glass of water - 4 hours later I felt a bit better and so got up and had my final shake of the day, watched a movie with the hubster and then back to bed at 11pm - slept straight through until 7.40 when squidgy woke me up!!!!

There is a lesson learned!! So I am going to skip my usual gym class today and in furture stick to just one class a day for another few weeks!!! Oh, and if I do go to the gym, remember to drink more water!!! Such a rookie error!

Anyways so am up and feeling so much more alive than yesterday! Get to install our new washing line in the garden today and then get out the new paddling pool for little one to play this arvo.

Hope everyone is doing ok and having a great weekend!

Hi, have judt read your thread and u are doing so well x sounds as though you have a great positive attitude which really helps on this diet x

Day 9 - and so back to work again!! Why do the weekends just fly by?!!
Managed to get the new washing line up yesterday and first load on only for precisely 10 minutes later the heavens to open and so it is loking very new and sparkly and completely unused and wet now!!! Too wet for paddling pool for little one as well - maybe next weekend!
Had coconut last night - really nice. For some reason only picked up one of them and meant to get two as was going to try it with the choc one so will have to leave that delight for next week.
Hubby on late shift this week so if want to go to gym, have to go at ridiculous o'clock so off there now for a steady run before work, everyone else in the house (including the dogs) are nicely snuggled up in bed!! I must be completely mad - either that or I am def in the zone for loosing at least a stone and a half before our wedding anniversary and holiday in first week of September! Would love to be around the 11 stone 7 mark for then!
Anyways, have a good day and catch you all later!
S

Hi

Well done on your loss!!!! It's weigh in number 2 for me tonight. I feel more nervous this week than last. I'm not expecting massive numbers as I had a great week last week. I've stuck to SS for the week again so hope fully it will be positive. I've noticed more the inches that i'm losing this week. I will post later and let you know how I get on.

L

Good luck tonight Louiza, hope it is a good one! It's quite mad this diet isn't it! I had 51 lbs to loose 8 days ago and with a bit of luck, come Saturday will be down to 30-odd pounds to go! Completely nuts when you think about it!

Anyway, fingers crossed for you tonight.
S

So today so far has been mostly ok except I had real issues concentrating on the way home - not good when you have a 2 year old strapped in on the back of your bike - actually hit the curb and almost came off at one point......not quite sure why having issues concentrating all of a sudden today!

otherwise, not actually thought of food today until I prepared Squidgy's evening snack just now, and then it was a fleeting "oh, that smells nice" and then the thought passed so that's a bonus!

So another day almost done - porridge, strawberry tetra and a mushroom soup - all still quite nice.

Gym early doors this morning and went 2.4 miles non stop on treadmill. Aside from the boredom, I felt quite good doing it - have really brought my speed down but felt fine whilst jogging and even felt could keep going at the end - but showers and work were calling.

Hi

Well another 4lb off. So thats 12lb in 2 weeks!!! I was really pleased. I'm exactly 12 stone. I need to lose at least 1lb to get to the 11's!!!

L

Brilliant Louiza - 11's next week then!!!! Congrats!!
Another week of SS then?

well, skipped the gym this morning. Was exhausted last night and even Hubby commented on how drained I looked. When I told him about almost coming off the bike he said that he thought I was probably overdoing the exercise (which is no more than I used to do and at a slower pace) and should cut it down a bit - every other day rather than every day - especially if it affects concentration and Squidgy is with me. So giving it a rest today and will see how the day pans out. Loved having the extra 40 mins in bed though!!!

Day 10 - off to work again. One of the girls said yesterday that she though my face looked thinner - shame the same can't be said of my @rse just yet!! All in good time I suppose.

Thanks. Hopefully the 11's next week. I'm going to stay on SS I think until I get to my goal weight. It's so much easier than having to prepare food in the evening.
I did have a meal instead of a shake this week though. Just some chicken and broccoli because I felt really weak that day. My consultant said that fine.

Hi Sammeh, well done on your weight loss far! Keep going!

I started CD SS+ on 23 July. I had my weigh in yesterday and I lost 8lbs!!! I have to pinch myself.

I have maple and pecan porridge for brekkie, oriental chilli soup for lunch, strawberry tetra for tea and then a tiny 200kcal meal (consisting of a 3/4 piece of chicken breast, baby gem lettuce and a couple slices of pickled gerkin. I'm a creature of habit lol!

It has been hard but staying focussed :)

Well done Snacky2. Its quite amazing isn't it when you consider the first weeks losses - I know it is mainly water and the true fat loss doesn't really kick in til week 2, but still!!!!

I am also SS but will add in a SS meal on the odd occassion I am out for dinner or something but really want to restrict it to just the packs for as long as I can bear - would love to make it to 8 weeks if i can!!!

Felt really good all last week but for some reason these last two days have been really tough in terms of dizziness and general fatigue. I think it might be because I am so busy at work I am not filling up my water bottle as frequently as I was last week so maybe tomorrow a concerted effort to up the water intake and see if that makes any difference.

Back