Starting today again!!!

Wobbly71

Silver Member
Today I am starting my 'none' diet!!!!

I have dieted for the last 20 years or so and I am officially dieted out. I have tried them all, anyway i will name what i can remember.
weight watchers
slimming world
scottish slimmers
cambridge
lighterlife
rosemary conley
calorie counting
JUDDD
Probably more that i can't remember. and within these diets i have joined more than 1 group. pathetic really.

my weight has gone between 10 st 10 lb upto 17 st 13 lb. I did have success before my wedding 11 years ago when i lost 5 stone and got to my lowest but this has creeped back on and today i weigh 17 stone 3lb!!!!

I have bought Paul McKenna I Can Make You Thin and also Glenn Harrold CD for weightloss. I am not thinking about diets at all, not counting points, sins, checks, cals sick of it all. I am hoping that the less i think about it the less i will eat.

so i will keep posting on here and hopefully change my life for good. I am going to be exercising at least 4 time a week as well. i will keep you updated but please write back with any advice you might have!!!!

I think you are onto something here. It's kind of what i am doing, although i am keeping a food diary as HAVING to write stuff down helps me a bit on the control front. It also show me where the good/bad days are.

I too have dieted all my life - convinced at the beginning of each new plan that THIS is the one. It never is, because i don't stick to it or I overdo it and get bored or a celebration comes along and i just drift off it.

So this time around I am giving myself 'as long as it takes'. I am trying hard to cut down on the stuff I don't need (chocolate, biscuits, desserts) and make a point of going for healthy stuff to improve my health. I am very lazy about fruit and veg and always find bisuicts a much easier option! Not good, so small steps, I am making sure i have at least 1 apple a day, ideally a few grapes or banana too. That has to be helping.

This is going to be a long, slow journey, with a few potholes on the way, but I think taking out the pressure and time limit will make all the difference.

I really hope your new outlook helps you too - I have a strong feeling it will.

Wobbly71, we had also tried a lot of diet fads, and although they worked a little at the beginning they didn't last. We would lose about 1/2 a stone in a month and think yay. Then get bored or have a social evening or just think oh well 'one won't hurt!'.
Then someone came into the office and she had lost a heck of a lot of weight and I asked her how and she said she was on LIGHTER LIFE, she told me all about it and I was so excited I thought this is it, this is what we should be on.
So I told my husband and he said 'swear word off' I ain't doing just liguids, so he did a search on the internet and came across this website for GO LOWER, basically they send you portion sized food and you add vegetables
They send you dinner's like Chicken Chasseur, Chili con Carni, Chicken Tikka Masala etc.
They send you soups for lunches Tex mex, Pea and Pancetta, Blue Cheese and Broccoli etc.
They send you breakfast granola which you add berries and yogurt,or if you prefer you can just have a couple of eggs for breakfast (at weeekends I add bacon), they also send you snack bars and treats.
If you get hungry then you snack on protein like chicken, cheese and Pepperami's etc.
I couldn't see how this could work but it does, on day 16 we had both lost 15lb's each.
I cannot believe that a couple of weeks ago I was just touching 17st and now I am 15st 12lb - it seems to easy. I never feel hungry.

What I cannot understand is why doctor's don't tell people about this diet!

The hubster pays £186 and I pay £150 per month, coz I don't do the nutty bars and bacon crunchies.
But we were spending much more than that on shopping, we used to spend about £100 a week on shopping and then going out for meals two or three times a week.
I checked our account last weekend and we were about £1,000 in credit usually this time of month we are just dipping into the overdraft. So that money can go on the credit cards to pay off the meals out we racked up :)

Check out their website www.go-lower.co.uk, I tell ya, you won't forget it & good luck.
We are on week 3 of a 20 week program and they expect people to lose a stone a month, so come Christmas woo hoo!

Back