Starting Today and Confused

Hi all,

So I am starting my Exante journey today to a better healthier lifestyle. So some brief details about me. I am a man (though, some would argue that), 6 foot and weighing at 19 stones. I also have type 2 diabetes controlled by medication. My goal is to lose 6 stones and hopefully put the diabetes in remission.

So this morning I started the diet with the Exante porridge with a plan to have a shake for lunch and 1 of the Exante meals for dinner tonight. I am doing the 800 calorie plan. I had an answer to a previous question I asked which led to me reading some of the other posts. Now I am confused and hoping that you experts might be able to help clear the confusion.

As I said the plan is to start the day with porridge, shake and an Exante meal plus plenty of water and a boullion base drink. But, am I doing this wrong. Should I be having 4 shakes with water only instead or, 3 shakes/meal and “real food” from the man plan list?

Many thanks as usual.

*** Sorry, posted in wrong place ***

https://www.exantediet.com/diet-plans/the-man-plan.list

Hello and welcome ☺️

The Exante site gives you all the details you need....I have put the link to the ‘man plan’ above. Essentially, you have 3 Exante meal replacements of your choice - shakes, bars or the meals. Then you add 200 calories of food from the approved list. This gives you a total intake of 800 calories a day.

Hope this helps 😊

Hi Darcy,

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Hi Redcar

Don’t worry about where you posted - just keep this as your diary.

I’m not much help on the man plan I’m afraid but I’m sure someone with more experience will be along shortly.

Good luck with your journey and please keep us updated on progress and use us for support when needed :)

Get through today and you’ve jumped the first hurdle, then the next few days. Once you reach your first week’s weigh in, you’ll be amazed at the results and feel a whole lot better that you’ll be pleased to continue.

Keep your water intake up as that’s hugely important - although easier in this weather :)

Hi and welcome. The advice on the web site and things I heard here is to have another 200 calorie meal - either eggs, chicken, some green beans or spinach. Basically 200 calories worth of protein and fibre.
However, on the TV shows experiments and in other studies I have read ever since they also did the version of just having another meal replacement pack. I think in the end the choice is yours as to which of these versions you prefer as long as you dont have any real food carbs and stay within the calorie quota.

Thank you GymBunny and Alecto.

Your support and encouragement is going to help a lot to achieve my goals.

I must admit, it was the Diabetic Fix programme which got me interested into this diet and it did not make clear if they were mixing a low carb meal with the replacement meals. I think I am going to add 1 more MRP to the mix for this week. See how much I drop and also monitor if sheer will power
will get me through without resorting to "food".

Thanks again guys.

Back