Starting today not tomorrow

Hannahkw1

Silver Member
I fell off the sw wagon about a month ago, was moving house (moving back to the parents to be precise) and I hated being in my house as it was filled with boxes etc, so just ate out a lot! I've put on roughly a stone and a half, but not quite all the weight I've lost in total (thankfully). I stopped going to the gym too. So no excuses now, back on track today, not tomorrow, as everyday over the past month I've said to myself I'll get back on track tomorrow and never did.

The plan
1. Stop binging
2. Go to gym weekday mornings
3. Run 3 times per week (doing 10km in july)
4. No snacking at the office or immediately after work
5. Drink at least 2 litres of water a day

I'm going to be a bridesmaid in october so dress will need to be brought july/aug and I can't really afford alterations lol

Going to go have some weetabix now, will update later!

Hi Hannah,
You sound really determined and organised. You seem to have lots to aim towards (10k, wedding) so I'm sure they will help to keep you on track. Best of luck!

Thank you guys! Well today hasn't been 100% but it has been 100% better than yesterday! Had my weetabix with skimmed milk and artificial sweetener. For lunch I had a jacket potato with cheese and beans, but then are some (most of bf's chips) and having beef roast at bf's parents so a high synned day, but I don't use many syns during the week! My guys would be 30 syns for that!

Bf went to get an ice lolly, I wanted one, but because I wanted a chocolate one I didn't have one.

So just dinner to go!

Ok, so Sunday I ended up having a magnum :( (16 syns), so I think i've budgeted 45 syns for Sunday in the end! (60 syns left for the week)

Yesterday was really good! Went to the gym first thing and did 20 mins on crosstrainer, a few weight training exercises using 4kg dumbells then 5 mins cool down on stepper and stretching. Then I had my weetabix for breakfast, salad with tuna and cous cous (4.5 syns) and a fruit pot of apple, pineapple and grapes.

Dinner was jacket potato with beans, tuna and a bit of cheese (left over from hxA). Snacks abit of chicken and a muller rice strawberry (11 syns) so 44.5 syns left for the week.

I didn't crave anything yesterday and felt great all day!

Haven't gone to the gym today, as legs are killing from the squats yesterday, but had my weetabix and am armed with the salad again :)

Hope everyone else is good :)

Yeah the 1/3rd won't happen currently, as just moved back with parents and am not in control of shopping until the food has run out that they have, so normally i'd have like chicken and noodle stir fry with loads of veg or a roast or something that incorporates veg, but need to eat the food that's there before I buy more apparently! lol so jacket potato was the best choice from jar sauces and fresh pasta lol

I never have 1/3 with breakfast though, I've tried adding fruit to porridge and weetabix but I really don't enjoy it...and I don't see the point in adding more food unnecessarily! So I don't think i'll bother for breakfast! But should make more of any effort at dinner in a couple of days!!

I hate not knowing what I am going to have for dinner, i'm normally a plan-my-whole-weeks-meals type girl, moving back home i've found is ruining this!!! Got to last with it for like 6 months too :(

So yesterday and the day before went well, but I still am over my syns, will have to try not to have any today and tomorrow so I can have 10 on friday and 15 on saturday!

Although I am over syns I feel great! Such a difference in my body already, from feeling fat, frumpy and lathargic to going to the gym, doing my coursework and being happy! All because I have stopped eating take-aways and other rubbish! :D

I haven't felt the need to snack really, except for because I am having dinner so early (that's what happens when you move home with parents - follow their rules!) I am getting peckish around 8 when I would normally have my dinner...hence the muller rice, so fill me up. I do think it's probably psychological, because i'd probably rather go without than eat fruit, but for the first week, I can allow myself that so long as it stops at one. Last night I had the urgh to have another one, but I stopped myself.

Tried on some bridesmaid dresses in debenhams yesterday, and I managed to decide what styles I don't like but still can't decide what styles I do. Hmm... good job I've got until December...

My mum said a rather horrible comment to me yesterday, that really quite upset me and reminded me that everyone thinks I can't do this and that I will fail. She said "I think we should order your dress in a size 14." I am a size 12 now and about half way through my weight loss (once I get over this minor blip :rolleyes:), and hope to be a size 10 once at target. She said that comment along with how she will probably be a size 8 by the time the wedding comes because of stress. Really got to me :(

Went to the gym first thing and sat in my car and ate my weetabix from this container
sur-la-table-klip-it-breakfasttogotm-storage-container.jpg
. It's amazing 2 separate compartments and a spoon attached underneath (inside). I've got the salad one too and I would highly recommend!
Only had fruit for lunch today as I spent so long in the library (studying like a good girl!), didn't have time for my heinz vegetable broth soup!
Don't know what mum has planned for dinner tonight a spaghetti bolognese I think which will be lovely as I miss my proper meals since moving out I haven't had a proper home cooked meal (Jacket potato doesn't count lol)

Wahhhh!!! I've bought a house!!! Well the last 2 weeks have been crazy (and not in a good way food wise), but hopefully will get my mortgage offer this week and I can chill out a bit as I am almightily stressed out!!!

So today... feeling positive! Sunday was good! Went to the gym for 45 mins then went on a 5.5 mile run straight after! Was so pleased with myself! Food went well all day until right in the evening was invited for dinner at bf's parents. It was a roast so not too bad, but smoked gammon, peas and mash (probably made with butter and milk) and butter beans (which are yuck! btw). So I was reasonably happy still as had had no syns prior to this and then dessert was bought out....honeycomb and toffee cheesecake...darn it! They don't normally buy dessert so I felt really obliged to eat it (although it was scrumptious!). Monday and Tuesday then proceded to go off track...so here were are Wednesday and I am feeling positive.

I've just been looking back over my food diary and I am so annoyed and disgusted with myself. I would have done really well for 2 or 3 days and then gone nuts for 4-5 days. It's like self sabotage...

I am fed up with it. It's changing. I will be consistent and truthful with my food diary, so even if I have a 'secret binge' of sweets, chocolate, cake anything (and everything!!) I will be writing it down in my food diary. Public embarrassment may be the only way to go.

I got down to 10 stone 7.5lbs recently and at the time I still thought I was massive, but looking back I was a nice size, I would be so happy if I was that now! I can't belive I was within a stone of targe and I blew it. I am now 8.5lbs under my heaviest and have to do the whole journey again.

My mum keeps saying I am going to be a yo-yo dieter my whole life...I don't want that. I think my boyfriend has now lost faith that I will ever lose the weight as everytime I say this time I going to reach target I fail. And I have completely lost faith in myself because I just keep giving up.

Mrs Wilsoncroft's signature says "Being overweight is hard, losing weight is hard, choose your hard" and I am chosing losing weight. This phrase really hit home to me, as as hard as losing weight is, I beat myself up about being overweight so much more.

I feel like I am putting my life off until I lose weight. For example, the weather is supposed to be getting a lot warmer this weekend and I am dreading it!! Rather than being happy and excited that summer is here (I love summer!) I am fearing getting my legs out and wearing a strap top so that my arm and back fat is displayed for all to see.

I am trying to re-ignite the love I had for going to the gym and I went yesterday and had a really good workout (so good my chest is killing me today!!) and I will be going again tonight!

The race for life is in 5 weeks and on Sunday I managed to run 9km so I am feeling optimstic. Hoping to try to run a full 10km tomorrow!

I am still living at my parents which I am finding difficult and will hopefully be leaving at end of July. I miss cooking my own meals (also miss living next door to the gym!) and sitting and watching tv in a living room rather than a box room!

So I am setting myself the task to get back to 10stone 7.5lbs by the time I move into my new house. It will be a struggle and I may not make it, but so long as I have tried the hardest I can WITHOUT any binges I will be proud and happy.

There will be 8 weigh in's (possibly more if it takes longer but I'll work with the minimum) and these are my targets:
04/06/2011: 5lbs: 12 st
11/06/2011: 5lbs: 11 st 9 lbs
18/06/2011: 4lbs: 11 st 5 lbs
25/06/2011: 3lbs: 11 st 2 lbs
02/07/2011: 3lbs: 10 st 13 lbs
09/07/2011: 2lbs: 10 st 11 lbs
16/07/2011: 2lbs: 10 st 9 lbs
23/07/2011: 2lbs: 10 st 7lbs

I know that the first two weeks especially are big asks, but I know from past experience that I ususally have big losses when I fully re-focus! I lost 8lbs one week... so I am hoping 10lbs off in the first 2 weeks, then sensible thereafer.

I will follow SW to the letter and work real hard at the gym, as not only do I want to weigh less, I want to feel good, I don't want to be squiggy and wobbly, I want to be toned.

I am so determined, I just wish I could put this determination into a bottle so I could sip at it when I lose my head. But that's what this essay is for so that I can re-read it and get this feeling back.

YOU CAN SUCCEED AND YOU WILL.

I just wanted to say that your last post really stuck a cord with me as i too can be really good and self sabotage but i'm starting to look at it as habits don't change immediately but for me having an awareness of what i'm doing i'm sure means I don't have as much and because before i started this and looked at a lot of my issues of lack of confidence and low self esteem were linked to food. Partly i do feel most people don't expect me to succeed as no this isn't my first attempt i had had other loses and sometimes people don't think about what they say- I love my mother but there are times when i could happily throttle her when she comes out with a comment oh you look lovely but you'd be stunning slim is a favourite I'm not sure mothers always realise what they say or how its taken because you're changing shape and making all these changes it's a bit upheavel to go through- well i think i've whittered on enough it was just reading some of your posts i just felt i had to comment xxx Best wishes very impressed with gym and hope house buying is going well x

I just wanted to say that your last post really stuck a cord with me as i too can be really good and self sabotage but i'm starting to look at it as habits don't change immediately but for me having an awareness of what i'm doing i'm sure means I don't have as much and because before i started this and looked at a lot of my issues of lack of confidence and low self esteem were linked to food. Partly i do feel most people don't expect me to succeed as no this isn't my first attempt i had had other loses and sometimes people don't think about what they say- I love my mother but there are times when i could happily throttle her when she comes out with a comment oh you look lovely but you'd be stunning slim is a favourite I'm not sure mothers always realise what they say or how its taken because you're changing shape and making all these changes it's a bit upheavel to go through- well i think i've whittered on enough it was just reading some of your posts i just felt i had to comment xxx Best wishes very impressed with gym and hope house buying is going well x

Thank you patches1.

My mum is a slimming world target member and we started at the same time, so I think she feels if she did it, why haven't I?! She can make horrible comments and yet I caught her eating choc digestive biscuits last night grrr!!!

Definately having an awareness of it, rather than trying to forget about it helps! Now that i've realised what I do and i'm not hiding it, hopefully it wont happen again or as often at least.

Good luck on your journey and believe that you can succeed! :D

Yesterday went so well, really pleased with myself! Mum had made a tiny dinner of a chicken breast, 4 boiled potatoes, 4 pieces of cucumber and 5 cherry tomatoes, but as i'd only had a heinz tomato soup for lunch I was starrrving! Rather than having some of the choc biscuits my brother had or his haribo, I had a tin of tuna with it!

Gym was great!! Did 30 mins crosstrainer whilst watching Neighbours, then squats, lunges (R+L), thigh machine (inside+outside), then a hill programme on treadmill for 10 mins on speed 6.5kph. I was dead (as was the gym - everyone else out enjoying the sunshine!) but I felt great!

My chest and back are still killing from Wednesday's workout but it's fine, just hope my legs don't start hurting before my run tonight!

Didn't have any skimmed milk this morning so haven't had any breakfast, must pop out and get something as I am starving!!

All is good! YAY! Saw a picture of myself and felt physically sick, so that along with my bf loving a particular picture of me in my lovely size 10 dress has totally boosted my motivation to fully 100%!

Really getting into the zone which is just what I need (and have been lacking for months!) So hopefully the weight will come off again now. The main focus is though for me to keep it off!!

House buying is moving on and hopefully by the end of July I will be slimmer and in my lovely new house with my amazingly sexy boyfriend! Life will be perfect :D What perfect motivation!

This week has gone so well so far! I am on 71 syns with 3 days to go, so 34 syns left, but I doubt ill have many today so that should leave the full 15 per day open for this weekend! :D

Had my first proper test of the week last night! Went out to see some bands play and had some mince and bolognese sauce before hand but without spaghetti pasta (which for me is the filling bit!), so knew i'd get hungry! With the bf's help and support we settled on breaded ham which sounds sooo much worse than it actually is! Its just ham with a teeny weeny bit of stuff around the outside. Dont know how many syns it would be but I estimated 0.5 per slice just in case. Know it wont be more than 1, as they are 20 calories per slice. Hopefully i've over estimated! I also had 2 lil marshmallow flumps. :D

Woke up this morning feeling quite slim on my stomach which was nice as I am going bridesmaid dress shopping this afternoon! Bit nervous about going but as its a designer sample sale, I cant really not go! Dont know what to do about sizing as such, I guess Ill try on the size that fits me now and either go down a size or just have it taken in, although that may be costly!?

This weekend I am due to go on 2 runs and go to the gym, so should be a good exercising weekend, think I am running monday too but not sure! Managed to run 10km in the pouring rain last Sunday, which was positive, run almost all of it too, only had about 3 small walking spells! :D

3 weeks until the race for life, so better get a move on!!

So update time.

Last 4 weeks have been up and down, but I finally bit the bullet and joined slimming world class again last night. I weighed in at 12 stone 8.5lbs and have signed up for a countdown taking me to 17th October the week of my mums wedding.

I ordered a bridesmaid dress a size too small, so I HAVE to lose weight otherwise I will not be attending my parents wedding!!!!

I am feeling so positive and will be attempting my own circuit training tonight with a friend! :)

Now I just need to sort out the coursework that is VERY late and the moving house business. Ah well one thing at a time!!

Back