Starting today

jmc1984

New to this forum but a long term dieter!

Me and my wife have a considerable amount of weight to lose (I'm 28 stone and she's 20 stone). We've tried (and failed) all sorts of diets so we've decided to give Exante a go from today.

Here goes.... :D

New to this forum but a long term dieter!

Me and my wife have a considerable amount of weight to lose (I'm 28 stone and she's 20 stone). We've tried (and failed) all sorts of diets so we've decided to give Exante a go from today.

Here goes.... :D

Hey jmc, that's good to know, I'm waiting for my first delivery hopefully today so will be starting same time as you two. I think it's great you're embarking on this together, best of luck to you and come and report progress :)

Thanks BeeBeeSee. I'm hoping I can make it through the first 5 days as I've heard they're the hardest! Good luck to you too :)

Hi!!! Good luck to you and your wife. I too am starting today - had a text to say packs will arrive between 14:42 and 15:42. I have done exante before and the first 5 days are hard but after that you feel amazing. Stick with it and you will see results fast! x

Starting today too, waiting on packs to arrive (between 15.13 and 16.13) Have just had peppermint tea all day, didn't know if I should eat anything. I'm not hungry though so think I'm already in the mindset!

Good luck to you both Foleylf and Becka. I had a strawberry shake this morning and have a banana one to have soon, plus plenty of water. Stomach is growling a bit though!!

It's so nice to see there are a few of us starting all at the same time. My stuff should arrive tonight so tomorrow's the big day. I've kept the evenings free for the next few days so I can go to bed early, from previous experiences with VLCD I found myself very tired the first few days.

It's so nice to see there are a few of us starting all at the same time. My stuff should arrive tonight so tomorrow's the big day. I've kept the evenings free for the next few days so I can go to bed early, from previous experiences with VLCD I found myself very tired the first few days.

How did you find the transition back to "normal" food BeeBeeSee?

I think it's all in my head but the strawberry one is making me gag, seems to stick to the back of my throat. Interspersing it with water every few gulps.
Gah I knew I wouldn't find this easy!
Glad others are starting today too!!

Thank you JMC! It is great to be starting on the same day as lots of others and it's not even a Monday!! ;)

My packs came at around 15:10 and I had nothing to eat until then. Had a quick bar as I was starving and then a couple of hours later had carbonara which was very nice. First time I've had that. Going to have a shake in a bit. I already have a stinking headache - that kicked in around 4pm. Just need to remind myself it does get better!

How have you guys got on on day 1?

How did you find the transition back to "normal" food BeeBeeSee?

I didn't do a very good job back then, the products I was using (lipotrim) I just couldn't get on with, couldn't get used to the flavours. I just switched to low carb eating after a few weeks on lipotrim and of course over time slipped into all those well known old habits that made me gain everything back and then some.
I don't think I was very well informed at the time about re-feeding and the pharmacist who sold me the products was quite frankly useless, good sales person, not at all an expert on the products.
Sorry I can't give you a good answer really. I think this time around having the support here and gaining knowledge just from reading other people's journeys gives me the confidence to do it properly this time. :)

Good luck to you all....x

Good luck everyone starting this week :)

If you find the shakes a bit thick, just make them with more water. I use 250ml to make mine up but I only have chocolate and vanilla and I always add a spoonful of instant coffee to the vanilla as I dont like it on it's own. The same goes with the soups, I make mine up with 400ml of water and blitz with a stick blender, otherwise it's too thick.

Day 1 over and done with amd day 2 under way.

Yesterday was fine until the evening when I sat down and watched a bit of tv. My brain was being very cruel and thinking about every sort of nice food I like and I have to say, I struggled to resist. I ended up just going to bed to avoid the thought of food.

I don't really feel too hungry this morning but I've only just got up. Fingers crossed the hunger pangs aren't as prominent today!!

How did everyone else get on yesterday?

Good luck everyone starting this week :)

If you find the shakes a bit thick, just make them with more water. I use 250ml to make mine up but I only have chocolate and vanilla and I always add a spoonful of instant coffee to the vanilla as I dont like it on it's own. The same goes with the soups, I make mine up with 400ml of water and blitz with a stick blender, otherwise it's too thick.

I'm definitely going to try the coffee in the vanilla shake this morning. I'm missing milky coffee so this is the closest I can get to it :)

U actually quite like the shakes when they're thicker. Sounds a bit strange but they seem more like a meal to me when they're thicker rather than thin, but that's probably on account of my weird brain! :p

On advice from another forum user I decided to do the working solution this week as off to Madrid for 4days next weds so I didnt want to do it all for nothing and end up losing the plot there. So I made this little tuna, rice and veg salad thats on the 200-300 cal recipe list on Exante website, to have lastnight. Kept myself distracted by going for 2 walks in the evening and bed early to watch tv and drink peppermint tea!

On way to work now, had the vanilla mixed with coffee (1 and half tsp) at 05.50 and it was really delicious and much easier to drink than the strawberry one. It will be trial and error as to whether I should drink it that early as I may well be hungry by 11 and won't be having anything til I get home around 4!
I'm really sad I only have 6 more vanilla shakes haha!
Have had to take a couple of paracetemol this morning as I woke up with a headache.
Good luck for today everyone!
How do you all plan to space out your meals?

On advice from another forum user I decided to do the working solution this week as off to Madrid for 4days next weds so I didnt want to do it all for nothing and end up losing the plot there. So I made this little tuna, rice and veg salad thats on the 200-300 cal recipe list on Exante website, to have lastnight. Kept myself distracted by going for 2 walks in the evening and bed early to watch tv and drink peppermint tea!

On way to work now, had the vanilla mixed with coffee (1 and half tsp) at 05.50 and it was really delicious and much easier to drink than the strawberry one. It will be trial and error as to whether I should drink it that early as I may well be hungry by 11 and won't be having anything til I get home around 4!
I'm really sad I only have 6 more vanilla shakes haha!
Have had to take a couple of paracetemol this morning as I woke up with a headache.
Good luck for today everyone!
How do you all plan to space out your meals?

That sounds quite sensible to keep up with the diet with a bit of a tweak rather than going off altogether, you'd regret it otherwise. I've started this morning, my stuff came last night and I just had the porridge. It's ok, got to get used to it, I find it very sweet.
As far as spacing out meals is concerned, I'm going to do what I did before when I was on total meal replacement, I move everything to a bit later in the day. I'm up very early and normally have breakfast at seven and lunch at one so that would be a bit too long for me being on the shakes/bars etc. So I just drink water/tea/coffee in the morning and have my breakfast around 9.30ish and I split the bar I eat for lunch into two and have it spaced out over an hour or so. Will keep you posted on how it's going. The first week or so is gonna be trial and error again and probably the worst as far as headaches are concerned, after that...it's gonna become routine I'm sure.

Hope your time in Madrid goes well, also with your diet, stick with it, you'll be so proud when you get back and think how well you managed :)

Last edited:
Good morning! Headache and rumbling tummy this morning! Drunk lots though and not long until first pack.

I plan to have 1 around 12:00 then another at 17:00 and the last one at 21:00. I find evenings the hardest time. If I am too hungry in the morning I may eat half a bar in the morning and save the other half for the evening. The bars are fairly substantial so can see that working.

I put 300ml of water in the shake last night and still found it too thick so will add more water today.

Good luck on day 2 :)

Wow good luck everyone who just started in this thread =) hope your All doing really well!!

Good morning! Headache and rumbling tummy this morning! Drunk lots though and not long until first pack.

I plan to have 1 around 12:00 then another at 17:00 and the last one at 21:00. I find evenings the hardest time. If I am too hungry in the morning I may eat half a bar in the morning and save the other half for the evening. The bars are fairly substantial so can see that working.

I put 300ml of water in the shake last night and still found it too thick so will add more water today.

Good luck on day 2 :)

Hi Becka

Im exactly the same as you, I really struggle in the evenings as thats always been my snacking time so I am going to be doing the same as you. Just had my first shake on day two and will have another at 5 then at 9

Back