Starting today

Hello, I started yesterday too :) I ended up gong to bed rather early, I think I will be doing the same thing tonight, I'm feeling really tired already and have a headache. I wonder if that means I am starting ketosis? My stomach grumbled this morning though which probably means I'm not!

Yesterday I had an orange bar, a strawberry milkshake and the vegetable soup, none of which tasted great but I am sure I will get used to them. I bought two 4 week starter packs, the soups and shakes both with bars. I am very interested in the winter warmer pack but our microwave blew up a while back and we never bothered to replace it. Does anyone know if you can make them on the hob? The soup looked so tiny so I am going to use more water tonight.

Good luck to everyone who has started this week, it will be great to see how everyone else is getting on for motivation :)

Hi, I started today and am already struggling with hunger and headaches!! Since Monday I have been keeping my diet down to under 20g carbs and vlc in prep for starting when order arrived. I have had shake at 9.30am, shake at 2.30pm and am now trying to leave it until about 7pm to try a soup. Have had a cup of boullion at work to warm me up. When does Ketosis kick in? I have never done a vlcd before.
Hope you all get through the day without too much struggle

Ketosis is different for everyone, but it may start to kick in around day 3 or so, if you've had a low carb/calorie diet beforehand it may start earlier than that. This first week is the hardest, after that it becomes so much easier. I can't believe I'm on week 8 already.

Has anyone tried a chocolate shake yet? I just had one and although it tasted ok, it smelled like a wet dog! Lol.

Well done to everyone on day 2 so far. Evenings are by far the worse time for me as my cravings just run wild and its when I would eat the most junk. An early night tonight should hopefully sort that and put to rest this horrendous headache I have!!!

Ketosis is different for everyone, but it may start to kick in around day 3 or so, if you've had a low carb/calorie diet beforehand it may start earlier than that. This first week is the hardest, after that it becomes so much easier. I can't believe I'm on week 8 already.

Wow, week 8, that's awesome :) very inspiring

Has anyone tried a chocolate shake yet? I just had one and although it tasted ok, it smelled like a wet dog! Lol.

Well done to everyone on day 2 so far. Evenings are by far the worse time for me as my cravings just run wild and its when I would eat the most junk. An early night tonight should hopefully sort that and put to rest this horrendous headache I have!!!

I like the taste but it does have a strange smell, my daughter complains about it sometimes.

Hi everyone :) .. Am starting my exante TS tomorrow - whenever it turns up. Surprised at how many there starting around this time, but it's all good. Have done exante before and lasted 5 days, but I don't even remember what happened in between doing exante and going back to old habits, I probably had a biscuit and thought 'Thats it. Give up now', but I will try my HARDEST this time to stick at it. I have to. I'm so fed up of waking up with me - with how I feel, how I look etc. etc.
Anyway, excited to do it! Just had my last slice of toast - well, my last for a while. Roll on tomorrow. Roll on to the 10st 5lbs me :)

Good luck everyone!

If you end up having a biscuit or anything else you shouldn't, dont let it be the end of the diet, just put it behind you, accept that it's happened, learn from it and carry on. I had a major lapse on day 2 but week 8 I'm still here :)

Welcome to all. @BeeBeeSee, it definitely helps having people in the same situation. It's really encouraging to know we're not alone. We may have tried (many) times before, but lets make this time the last time we need to 'diet'.

I'm just having my last shake of the day. Experiencing incredibly bad headaches at the moment but the hunger pangs seem to he subsiding for the time being. Think it'll be Grand Designs and a 9pm bed time for me! :)

I like the taste but it does have a strange smell, my daughter complains about it sometimes.

Can't complain about the taste. I'm pleasantly surprised at how good they are.

As BeeBeeSee said, 8 weeks is incredibly inspiring and I take my hat off to you and your determination. How much have you lost so far, if you don't mind me asking?

I was 1lb off a 2 stone loss this morning :) So basically 2 stone in 2 months which is what's expected. I know some people manage to lose a lot more than that but I dont exercise and I find it hard to always get all the water down me. It's still quicker than any food-based diet I've ever done.

I like the chocolate with coffee as it comes out as a mocha and an alternative to the vanilla! They both keep me full for breakfast x

Ok, Day 2 is here. Yesterday went well actually, I think it's gonna be a little while for it to become second nature not to eat anything at all. Being out and about and popping in on friends is going to be learning curve, even such simple things as sticking to black coffee rather than white and all that.

The chocolate orange bar was a pleasant surprise, I didn't expect them to be so chunky and substantial.

And the carbonara was fine too, quite filling surprisingly.

So there was my first day yesterday and it fills me with a bit of confidence. The only downside to everything is being in constant search for a toilet :cool:

Well done everyone - we are getting through the hardest part of a VLCD and it's nice that we are all at the same stage together!

BBC I too liked the carbonara...smelt like and almost tasted like 'real' food!

Day 2 yesterday and I fell asleep around 8:30 so missed my last pack. Woke up this morning and no headache!!! Not feeling as hungry as I did yesterday either and I'm beginning to get the keto taste in my mouth.

Good luck on day 3 :)

I second that BBC, my toilet habits have definitely changed in the last couple of days!!

I too woke up without a headache this morning and with no hunger pains. Perhaps I'm starting to get into ketosis? I don't have any metallic taste in my mouth though.

Day 3, I think, will be a lot easier than the others so far if the headaches don't start.

Good luck to everyone today. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

I too feel great today, I was asleep before ten last night and woke without a headache. Good luck everyone for day three, let's keep up the good work! :)

JMC and Sammy - that's great news you are both feeling better and headache free! Makes all the difference :)

I've had a great day today - no rumbles and no headache. Just had second pack - tsp of coffee in vanilla shake...yummy! Think ketosis is well on it's way! How have you all got on today?

I was doing great but the last couple of hours I've had a mild headache and some hunger rumbles. Not quite there yet but hopefully will be in the next day or two. Keep up the good work everyone!

Back