Starting today

Emmy_lu

Silver Member
Hi everyone, I finally took the plunge after trying so many other diets//pills/shakes and went to my first meeting last night and I've started today weighing 12st 9lb.

I have to admit that this seems to good to be true as I feel like I'm eating to many carbs as most diets I've previously tried are low carb. I really hope this works and if anyone spots that I'm going wrong somewhere please let me know as I'm new so still getting the hang of what I can and can't have. I'm mainly following the book.
For breakfast I had bacon, egg, mushroom and beans
I've since had a muller light yogurt, I hope I'm doing this right....

Are you on EE? The only rule is 1/3 superfree so maybe more mushrooms and some tomatoes with brekkie? Beans are free mot superfree but are super speed. Just try to have 1/3 of your plate as salad or veggies or,fruit with every meal and you will be fine..good lucj

Good luck! I started last week :) Hope to see results tonight, fingers crossed. I will subscribe ^^

Thank you, i had a couple of plums as well, I'm a bit scared of fruit as normally the diets I go on it's a big no no because of sugar so it's really strange being able to eat it. Are you on EE aswell? X

Thanks Anna, good luck for your weigh in let me know how you get on x

How did it go Anna? X

Lost 1.5lb :) I think I need to eat more veg as my superfree, because atm it's mostly fruit. I think that might speed it up a little, but not bad for first week I think :D

How are you doing?

I have found when coming off any meal replacement diet that 'normal' eating causes weight gain. Slimming World will give slower weight losses... but it is easier to keep off in the long run as you won't actually ever come of SW in theory, you're healthy eating for life. This is my first time on SW (about the only diet I haven't tried) and it seems very doable... non-restrictive and it's easy to do from home if you can't access a group.

Good luck with the weight loss ladies... you can do it!! xx

Gem xx

Well done on the weight loss Anna :hug99: 1.5lbs lost forever. xxx

Lost 1.5lb :) I think I need to eat more veg as my superfree, because atm it's mostly fruit. I think that might speed it up a little, but not bad for first week I think :D

How are you doing?

Well done hun....the other ladies are right sometimes changing from one diet to another can lead to a temp gain so you have done really really well. Dont worry about the veg too much if you prefer fruit as long as its superfree its fine...im not a veg fan but i try to have the ones i like tomatoes and onions mostly. With meats and fish or i add in some mushy peas or beas as although only free they are superspeed foods to help the loss

you are doing great keep going

Well done , that's good it's all trial and error when you start something new, you will get in to
The habit of having more veg over time but your obv doing it right to have a loss.
With regards to the free foods and super free foods is it really as much as you want? I was told it was but yesterday I ate a whole pack of plums and half a melon? Is that to much? Also taken a liking to muller light yogurts that are free but not super free so Should I not have as many of them? Little but confused I feel like I'm eating way to much by can't help it lol x

This diets great, can't believe there's so much choice on a diet!

I know ^^ A lot a variation makes it easier doesn't it?

Welcome clover, I think you will like it, so much choice. How did you get on with herbalife? Is it as good as people say?

Welcome clover, I think you will like it, so much choice. How did you get on with herbalife? Is it as good as people say?

I did Sw in 2011 so I know the basics, although I'm a vegetarian now so it will be a lot of green days. Herbalife was good, I had a few mishaps with my 'health coach' as I was given one in wales and I live in London, so felt I wasn't getting much support tried switching to local coach but as its like a pyramid selling market, they are funny about switching and losing custom, so I did it from April til early July and lost 1 stone. The main reason I stopped is because I didn't realize how much sugar is in their products... And i really wasn't happy to keep putting high sugar processed products in my body. I felt fine on it and enjoyed the products but worked out in 1tub (550g) of shake powder, which lasts 3weeks, has 44 teaspoons of sugar in it and felt like I was paying 27£ per tub for sugar, and decided I didn't want to lose weight with high sugar products... So here I am. Hopefully joining SW with my mum tonight (I'm back home visiting her without my car so relying on her to take me, she also want to join which is great :) ) how long have u been doing Sw?x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Wow you wouldn't expect a weight loss product to have that much sugar would you. I like how heathy everything Is on sw, when I do the shopping my trolly looks so different from what it did over a week ago. I only started last Wednesday after my meeting Tuesday night so I have my weigh in tomorrow which will be my first One, it's good your joining with your mum. My mum and sister are both a size 6 so I got no chance lol Dunno where my genes come from. Good luck for tonight :)

Lost 5 1/2lb woop woop :)

Woohoo well done! Fantastic ! Here's to another good week! Just done my first official day. Yesterday was a practice and I joined group last night :)

Yeah its motivation for each other! We are checking what each other has eaten etc. My whole family are big, its a constant battle. My sister lost 6.5st with dukan but piled quite a bit of it back on and she's trying again now, so hard! X

My SW Diary :) http://www.minimins.com/showthread.php?t=343855

Back