Starting tomorrow... all advice welcome!

Hi All,

My first month's supply of Exante has just arrived and I'm planning to start tomorrow. I'm excited but a little nervous!

I have a chequered history of managing my weight. Having piled on the pounds when I moved in with my boyfriend (now husband) I lost 2 stone with WW years ago. Since then I yo-yo'd a bit but didn't regain all the weight. However in the last four years I have had two pregnancies and a few other upsets when I ate whatever I wanted and never really got back in control. I lost a stone with Slimmers World last year but I have now regained all that weight.

I've been trying to get my act together since the New Year. I've never done a meal replacement diet before but I'm hoping it will give me the kick start I need to get motivated.

I'm looking forward to sharing my experience on this forum as I've enjoyed other peoples posts so much. If you have any advice or encouragement to pass on I'd be ever so grateful.

Mx

Last edited:
I have found this forum really encouraging so I suggest you continue to use it! You haven't got much to lose compared to fatties like me so don't be disappointed if you don't got some of the amazing weight losses that other people get - it'll soon come off!

Hello and welcome! :D I think alot of us have done most diets before we first try a VLCD ;) We are all in the same boat. Good luck with your start, keep posting! :)

Thanks for the encouragement.

Just weighed - and even worse - measured myself. Can't believe my waist is 36"!!!

I'm going to hold out as long as poss before I have my first shake.

Any tips about how to space out the packs for the first few days???

Hi Minimiseme
Good luck with your start today.
I would advise you to have your first shake before leaving for work and try to have them at regular intervals throughout the day, this is a hard diet on your body, so take it easy for the first couple of weeks.

As Delicious Jax said - try to spread them throughout your day. i also find detting water drinking goals helps, eg, drink x before 12, drink another x before leaving work at 5.50 etc. I try to spread mine out for 10am, 2pm and then 7.30/8pm. Good luck with your journey - and keep posting!

Just weighed - and even worse - measured myself.

You are brave - I've been too scared to do that! :) Good luck with your first few days.

Good luck for starting today xx

I find it better for me to save the bulk of my 'meals' until night time as this is typically when I used to eat the most and the time I would struggle with the most, so I find this helps me more.

I think you have to have a bit of trial and error to see what suits you best.

Good luck with your journey though and Im sure you will have that weight off in no time at all!!!...x

Thanks for the tips & advice.

First day was not too bad but I was very busy which kept me distracted from my rumbling tum.

I split my morning shake into two smaller portions and my bar too but I was starving by 7 pm! Kept a 2 litre bottle of water in the fridge & have finished it plus a few cups of tea. Just had the Thai Chicken soup which was quite nice but I may have to have an early night to avoid temptation.

My other half volunteered to go eat at the pub tonight to make my first night at easy as possible - how kind!!

Planning to have Chocolate shake for breakfast tomorrow so it will feel like a treat. I've read some people add coffee to the Vanilla shake - has any body tried it hot as I'm not keen on cold coffee drinks?

I hope you all had good days too but if not start afresh tomorrow.

Mx

Drink drink drink lol sound like father jack fae father ted!!!!!! Loads of water don't have your shakes when u would normally eat i've noticed that lunch is now about 3.30 and supper 8ish usually I'd be starving by 12.30 but only on day 3 and 100% yey!!!!!! Good luck and stick with it!!!

Day 2 was a bit of a struggle, feeling very hungry but it's done now.

Had Chocolate shake for brekkie - v nice. Choc Orange bar in two parts in the afternoon and Mushroom soup while babysitting for friends tonight.

Got through my 2l of water in the fridge by 4pm so I must have guzzled 3l by now.

Was a bit dizzy and lethargic but that will pass. Weirdly craving food but healthy stuff!

I'm going to stick with this now I've started.

Night night all

Good Luck MinimiseMe !!

I have been splitting the choc and vanilla shakes. I have been having half in the morning, then half later in the evening.
I have added coffee to both, but had them both hot... not good cold for me either :(
I have been making sure I drink at least 2L of water, lots of green tea and peppermint tea... just for a different flavour :)
The peppermite tea is lovely with half a choc shake in, with a sweetener added ;)

Marge
:D

Thanks Marge. I'll try the Vanilla shake hot with coffee this morning and let you know.

BTW Love your ultimate goal!

Thanks Marge. I'll try the Vanilla shake hot with coffee this morning and let you know.

BTW Love your ultimate goal!

Thanks ;)

I only have half a shake with coffee in the morning... and save the other half for the evening.
It helps me knowing, that there is still a wee bit of my ration for later in the day
:)

Day 3 was not too bad.

For breakfast i had half a vanilla shake hot with a spoon of coffee made up to a full cup - delish! Was like a big creamy vanilla latte! Lunch was a toffee nut bar with the rest of the vanilla shake mid afternoon. I was very hungry late afternoon but managed to wait till 8pm to have the Tomato & Basil soup. It's a bit more like a cream of tomato soup but not bad.

I am really tired in the evenings now maybe due to having less caffeine. So I was too tired to post last night and was tucked up in bed by 10!

I was very naughty this morning and I had a sneaky peek at the scales. 6lbs down since Fri & 2.5% body fat lost. That means over 4lbs was fat - I'm amazed!!!!

Not feeling so hungry today and woke in the night with a terrible taste in my mouth. Could I be in Ketosis?

hi - been doing cambridge on and off for the last two years lost 3stone put 2 on lost 1 put 3 on so really same as i was two years ago
so fed up with how much i have must have spent on it not mentioned time and effort - so last week i decided thats it - place order for xante and finish off last off the cambridge - so tomorrow is my first day on exante but my sort of my second day on vlcd so wish me luck - need to do it this time......

jimshez123 said:
hi - been doing cambridge on and off for the last two years lost 3stone put 2 on lost 1 put 3 on so really same as i was two years ago
so fed up with how much i have must have spent on it not mentioned time and effort - so last week i decided thats it - place order for xante and finish off last off the cambridge - so tomorrow is my first day on exante but my sort of my second day on vlcd so wish me luck - need to do it this time......

Good luck on your Exante journey!

I was very naughty this morning and I had a sneaky peek at the scales. 6lbs down since Fri & 2.5% body fat lost. That means over 4lbs was fat - I'm amazed!!!!

Blimey - that's fast work! Can I borrow your scales?

Back