Starting Tomorrow is Today

bliglen

I'm particularly awful at dieting and have been on nearly all the diets ever invented since I was about 16. The being bad bit is obviously shown through the fact that over the last 7 years I've gone from 9stone 4lbs to 14stone 4lbs. I can give excuses for this weight gain till I'm blue in the face but what it comes down to is I love food and I'll always put off exercising if I can. I particularly love cheese and wine - and lots of it.

My weight loss journey has pretty much come down to me always saying that the next chapter in my life will make it easy to lose weight. Weather it's working in an office where I thought 'ooo then I'll be able to plan my meals' weather it be starting university when I thought 'I'll have no money so will lose weight so easily' whether it be the summers I was due to go home from uni when I thought 'Mum has so much fruit and veg in all the time it will be so easy to lose weight then' and so on ... the most recent of these excuses was 'I'm going to be moving in with my boyfriend I won't be able to afford to over eat and he's so healthy I'll lose weight without even trying' 6 months later I'm still the same weight ... so it's come down to it. There's no major changes in my life due to happen so I have no excuses left tomorrow needs to be today or I'll be bigger and more miserable in a years time when even my biggest jeans won't fit over my mahoosive bum.

The most effective diet I've ever done is Slimming World which I did for a month (quite impressive for me) last year and lost 1 stone. It began not working for me when my group leader started buying into my excuses 'my dissertation is really stressing me out' 'it's graduation parties this week' and I wasn't getting anywhere except putting back on that stone and being down £20 a month. I know the diet works though and I want the satisfaction of doing it myself as this something that I need to stick to for life.

Upping the anti this time around - exercise and healthy eating are a go. Saving some syns each week for moderate wine and cheese is my main mission. No binges and keeping in control are why I'm here really as well as a chance to admit my weight loss issues!

Wish me luck :)

Back