Starting tomorrow scared.com

fattygirl

Hey everyone I'm starting S&S tomorrow and determined to get this weight off. I currently weigh 5 ft 7 and 16 stones 10lbs!! Yikes just typing it feels me with dread can't believe I've got so Big. :(

Anyhow don't want to look back just want to look forward. I'm determined to get this weight off as its really affecting my chances of conceiving. I unfortunately lost 3 babies not weight related but I just figure since I'm older now and heavier I don't want to have any more health issues and added stress so figured losing weight is something I can try and do before I do get pregnant.

I have Pcos which makes losing weight harder but I've heard that VLCD can help you shift the weight and since my doctor won't refer me for fertility treatment until I'm lighter, just have to help myself.

I know that losing weight can help regulate my periods as it has helped in the past so basically here goes.

I hope to keep motivated by reading your fab losses and inspirational stories. Then someday soon I can talk about mine! :) xx

Hi fattygirl
I tried Cambridge last year and lasted 4 days :( I was sooo grumpy and gave up before ketosis kicked in. What a waste! Since then I've crept up to 16.5 stone, also 5ft7. I got engaged end of last year and am getting married end of may 2014. Have really been considering doing another vlcd over the next 6 months to lose at least 4 stone, in time for first dress fitting-hen wkend-wedding & honeymoon!! How are u getting on?

Sent from my HTC One SV using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Tara27,

Today is the first day and so far so good I keep reminding myself why I'm doing it and I'm hoping it will keep me motivated. I've got a slight headache, but I've already had two litres of water and one shake about to have my next shake and its 2pm so doing ok. Peeing all the time again....lol I think my problem is I work shifts so I'm worried because its 12.5ht shifts nights and days and usually binge and eat loads of crap to get me through wondering how I'm gonna get through but I guess if I can manage the first couple of weeks it will get easier!

Congrats on the wedding hun I think you kinda have to ask yourself how you will feel in your dress if you don't feel your best and your pics are for life if you think a couple of stone not necessarily 6stones, but maybe 2/3 then I say give it a try if you really can't deal then go the traditional route of dieting,exercise and calorie counting!

I'm kinda telling myself that even if I lose 2 stones I will feel so much better, I remember being 14.7 stones and I felt so much more confident and exercise was so much easier to do,and so I'm thinking even if thats all I manage to lose then I can then go the traditional route,anything is worth a try!! X

Hiya - I have pcos, and lost on S&S consistently last year when I did it - 3 stone in 11 weeks to start with, then the rest a little slower. All pcos symptoms are considerably improved from doing so, including a spot on 28 day cycle - never in my life have I had one of those! It really does work, and there are so many ladies who have done this and then found themselves expecting unexpectedly it's great. Sadly that's no longer an option for me, but this is a plan that really does work for us pcos girls :)

Hi noodles,

thanks for the reply sorry to hear you can't have little ones anymore. Having pcos is really crappy been trying now for 9 months with no avail hoping my bubba is just around the corner, really hoping to shift the pounds promptly. X

hiya fg
I'm starting S&S Saturday! Good Luck

Hiya Emmie,

thanks Hun!! Nearly day one over...Yay!! ive had 3 litres of water, don't think I can manage anymore gonna save my last shake when it's really late as that's when I get the munchies!!

Good luck to you too Hun! X

Oh god Yeh, I remember the constant toilet dash!!
And ur right, I probably shouldn't think too big too fast (or too small as I hope to be!) to start with.
I know what u mean, I remember a few years ago I lost some weight just through more activity and think I must have been size 14-16 and looking back at photos I looked fab! And I also use the excuse that I 'carry it well' ;)
(But its true.... I've been overweight for so long, I know what looks good on my size and how to rock a size 18 outfit and I'm confidant with it!) But I dont want to look back at my wedding photos and think 'what a blob'.
Hope your proud of doing so well on ur first day?
To be honest, I'm seriously considering hibernation for the next 6 months..... Friends and their social invites will NOT help this chunky bride to be!!!

Awwww your too funny...Tara27
I wish I could hibernate unfortunately work wants me back next week and the week after that...lol
I my would sure make things easier I'm actually dreading the bad breath don't know what I'm gonna do about that...lol my boyfriend is lovely but even he has his limits..lol
Just gonna take it one day at a time and hopefully get some of by his weight off hoping the shift on the scales will keep me going!

Hiya Emmie, thanks Hun!! Nearly day one over...Yay!! ive had 3 litres of water, don't think I can manage anymore gonna save my last shake when it's really late as that's when I get the munchies!! Good luck to you too Hun! X

I always save my last shake too and have it hot before bed. I hate going to bed with a rumbly tummy!! Xx

OMG ladies!!!

it's so fricking late 11pm ti be exact just couldn't help it had my shake at around 7pm because I was fricking Starving!!! And now my belly is rumbling and i have a massive headache!! Just gonna try and sleep now because Im feeling sooooooo hungry!! One day down bring on tomorrow!!

Hope you're ok and hanging in there!! It does get easier!! Good luck xx

How did u do today?!
Ok I shall keep that in mind to eat as late as possible then. Nothing worse than going to bed hungry.... That's when I usually snack the most, after a late shift!
I've convinced my best mate/bridesmaid to do the diet with me..... We are the foodies who love dining out and a few vinos at the weekend, therefore if we BOTH do it we can encourage each other and have fancy vlcd dinner parties, while becoming super slim for the wedding!!
Good luck this weekend xx

Hi ladies!!

yesterday I did ok headache wasn't as bad as the day before but only managed 2 litres unfortunately, went for a walk but felt really weak and just couldn't wait to get home.

I had an Omelette for dinner with spring onions and green peppers, really needed to chew something,and since I'm only doing 3 shakes it was fine carb content wasn't bad. Was really mindful as I don't want to suffer carb withdrawal again.

Just woke up about to have my shake and my first water for the day determined to get 3 litres in! Xx

Hiya girls
This is day one for me im starving :( my LO dinner looks so yummy, ah well. Going to keep chugging water and wait for my third pack of the day - mushroom pasta and im steaming some brocilli. Wish i saved my caramel shake for before bed humph!
Your doing so well :)

Hiya Emmie

You doing well, you've made the decision to do this and you'll be fine,got to be honest the headache I had on day 1 was bloody horrendous nearly gave in but like everyone says it does get better!! :)

Definitely feel better today not so hungry however had a dicky tummy and tummy cramps which feels uncomfortable but I can cope! However only managed drink a litre and a half but will try another 500mls with my omelette! Off out partying tonight I don't drink so that's fine but not sure about dancing really don't have the energy...lol but hoping to burn a few calories!

Had a sneaky weigh in today,this is day 3 and I've lost 4lbs!! :0) so I guess it's keeping me motivated.

Good luck Hun day 1 nearly over!! X

Hiya
Well done on getting to day 3, the first few days are definitely the worst! I am back on the packs as of today - similar height and weight to you but feeling pretty miserable. I cant get into my jeans and I refuse to buy the next size up.
Just had a strawberry shake, 2 cups of coffee and about to have a bottle of water - its going to be a long day. Must keep busy!
Have a great day today!

Hey pink and fluffy,

It is bloody awful not being able to fit into your clothes especially jeans,as I own 60 pairs ?? I know it's a lot but they vary from size 14/18 and I am a bit of a hoarder...lol

I've got a big bottom and I have a 36H bust!! So you can see how shopping can be a bit of a nightmare and also the shoulder pain is really starting to bug me.? So I'm determined to get down so I'm just comfortable in my clothes. Most especially want to be able to have a bun in the oven soon!! ?

Good luck on your journey to a slimmer and more fabulous you! I've not had much water and one shake today so I think it's gonna be a tough day as I just feel so lazy from getting in at 4.30am getting up at 8.45 for church so I might need to take a nap!!...Lol x

Back