Starting tomorrow

Hi All

I have decided to bite the bullet again and give the TS a go. My weight has been up and down the last few years, more up than down and I actually need to shed a few stone pdq. I feel my weight is really beginning to affect my confidence to the point where I have a friend staying tonight and she wants to go clubbing and I am thinking about pretending to feel ill so we can stay in! Pathetic, anyway tomorrow is start day. I am also going to join the gym (honest). If anyone else is in a similar start position then I would love to hear from you. I think I am going to be spending huge amounts of time on hear to keep my busy paws out of the fridge and away from the wine rack. Look forwards to hearing from you.

Hi and welcome!! The support on this forum is amazing and I'm sure you'll fit right in. I'm on day 5 today so feel free to give me a holler in my diary or wherever!! Good luck x

Me too

I'm starting tomorrow too. We can keep each other going!!! I need to loose weight before my holiday
Let's do it in baby steps.............
3days
1 week
2 weeks
3 weeks
4 weeks
Holiday!!!!!
Target 1 stone.:)

Thanks Keely I will definitely keep looking you up and see how you are doing too, thanks for your message. And well done for getting to Day 5!

Bannergie - am with you on the 3 day thing and the baby steps. If I could get a stone off in 4 weeks it would make such a difference and hopefully inspire me for the next stone and half.

Speak to you both very soon. x

Im starting tomorrow also, and have been reading the forum like mad, My sister is doing the LL diet at moment and has lost over 3 stone in 3 months, she looked fab at my wedding last week, while I felt like a complete frump.
We are planning to go on our honeymoon the first week in July and would love to 2 st lighter for that.

Been really really bad this weekend (thought I would get all my favourites in before I start tomorrow). I know everyone will be thinking I really should have been weaning myself before the big starvation. But I felt I deserved it, had a wonderful wedding last week, but stressful organising it, and quite tobacco also 5 weeks ago with the help of an electronic cigarette (would not be without it at the moment).

I think my biggest struggle will be my instant tea with 2 sugars off which Im completely addicted too, and Know I cannot have anymore.

So yes lets do 1 week at a time and compare weigh ins and I bet we will be so happy with the result that we wont remember how bad the first week really was.

Hi I am totally new to this! I have ordered my pack today so hopefully it'll arrive on Wednesday. I've been on Sw for 2 years did really well but now nothing is working so this is my hope x

I re-started today :D I hope you get on well and lose the weight you want to.
If you join the gym then take it easy, as you will obviously be having so few calories you dont need to do any major workouts.
I think it says in the exante booklet to wait 2 weeks before starting any exercise that you weren't doing before.

I guess you can't have your instant tea, but if you mix a wee bit of vanilla shake with water, you can add it to your tea instead of milk -it's really nice- you can have sweeteners too I think?

I didn't actually start yesterday as I intended, I was quite sensible and didn't pig out but just didn;t get on the Exante. I have however started today. My gym has a swimming pool so I will prob stick to swimming for first few weeks rather than anything too strenuous, as much to kill time in the evenings as anything.

The fact we can have coke zero is a revelation, last time I did a TS it was water, fizzy or still and that was that. It will seem like such a treat, especially frozen as ice lollies in this hot weather!

Hi Bannergie, its okay so far but then I have only been up since 10. I think the evenings will be hard, am going to try and swim or at least just splash about in the pool and sit in the sauna to kill some weekday evening hours. Have bought a stack of books in the hope I can lose myself in some god stories. I keep looking at all the nice dresses that are around in the shops to keep me motivated. I have a dress that I should be able to get back into when I have lost my first stone so I am going to try it on every week after my weekly weigh in to see it getting closer and closer to fitting (fingers crossed).

I am also quite excited about it,its weird to think that in 3 weeks I could weigh a stone less. How do you think you will fill your evenings? I suspect we will both spend a lot of time on here messaging each other to get through the tough times.

I have found the evenings difficult to fill, have taken to having really long baths, with my laptop resting on the loo with a film or tv program on! If you are in the bath it's too much hassle to go find food to cheat, and then I go straight to bed afterwards cos I am all toasty warm :D and ketosis is COLD!

So not only am I going to be skinny, but the cleanest woman north of Barnsley hahaha xx

Hi,
The 1st time I did it I kept as busy as I could by cooking!!!(I know.......... but my husband liked it and it kept me busy!)meeting friends for coffee, cinema and of course internet shopping. It works really fast and all my friends and I haven't put the weight back on. So keep motivated it WILL work.

Ha Jennie, I think I will be doing the long baths thing and might line up some little jobs that have been hanging around for a while. Perhaps even start chucking out some of my more hideous, shapeless clothes as the weeks progress.

Have had my 3 packs already though, will need to ration them a bit more carefully during the week, luckily at theatre tonight so will not be able to eat and have just got to put myself stright to bed when I get home.

Am thinking about not weighing myself for 2 weeks mainly because I found it really hard after such a massive loss the first week to stick to it properly and was really disappointed the second week. Will see how it goes and if i can avoid the temptation to hop on the scales.

Hi ladies,

I've started today too, I guess we're all motivated by it being Monday!

My only complaint so far is that my body isn't used to this much water - I'm running to the loo every fifteen minutes! I'm staying in today so it's not an issue, but I'm afraid I'll be caught on the hop on the way to work.. I'll have to schedule my water intake for a while, until I get used to it anyway!

I find it easier to do at work where I'm busy. When I stay at home I'm used to picking! The key is to keep busy and sip water all day. I find it a lot also but force myself to have at least 2 litres.

I've been okay with the water, am hungry now though :( but am off out to a non-eating venue so am hoping it will pass. Its great so many of us have started today, and good to hear from you want2beme. Almost 1 day down so we would be silly to ruin it now anyway.

hey guys, I start exante tomorrow (again...) I've tried before, but to be honest I've never really had my head in the game, but now I'm feeling really motivated, and after reading some of your posts here I definitely feel ready to go the distance this time, heres to us!

Yay, through the hard part, I'm in ketosis already! I think my body is trying to persuade me to stick to it, it's being very facilitating!

Hi Aaron, I was the same I just couldn't do a full day, I'd get to the evening and give up, but for me I took a couple of awful (truthful) pictures of myself and put them as the wallpaper on my phone, so whenever I'm feeling like I want to give it up I take a look and realised why I can't!

Back