Starting tonight

jczelyph

Hello everyone!

After getting my medical done this afternoon, I am starting LL this evening! I'm terribly excited, but quite scared as to how I'm going to manage not eating for a while.

A friend of mine (who i'll be attending the LL For Men meetings with) has been on the diet for 5 days and he is managing but finding it difficult.

Do you have any tips for the first week or the first few days? I desperately need to lose weight and cannot bear the thought of failure. How would you advise me to manage the first week?

I'm totally excited too, and will keep you all posted!

Oh, and what are the best flavours? Are the shakes or soups nicer?

Thanks peeps!

John (24)

Hi John

Hi

I have been doing LL for 4 weeks now and there is no doubt that the first few days were hard for me. But the only advice I can give you is to just think about how much you want to change your life. If that is a real commitment then any carb withdrawal symptoms you may feel will be easily dismissed.

The new flavour bars (peanut crunch and raspberry/cranberry) are very good indeed. I like the shakes bar vanilla and caramel. The soups I give a miss, they are OK but I found I am fuller after the shakes.

Keep drinking lots of water and you will be fine.

Good luck mate.

Cheers

Nick

I have been doing LL for 5 weeks. The first week can be quite difficult, I had a few headaches but was not hungry at all. I can honestly say I have never been hungry on this diet. I have craved food , but not been hungry and for the first time in my life have learned to tell the difference! Make sure you drink at least 4 litres of water.

Even if you are struggling, you will feel so good that you are taking such a positive step. Keep focused and once you get on the scales at your weigh in - there will be no stopping you.

Good luck. Welcome and this site is the best diet aid in the world.

Like everyone above, just try to focus on why you are doing this and that you are doing this for you. It will get easier the further into the week you go and once you get into ketosis and past the cravings and withdrawls, well, it's easier, I wouldn't say easy but it's a lot easier than any other diet I have ever tried and i have tried quite a few!!!
I am on week 14 or 15, losing track, and to be honest this is the very best thing that I think I have ever done for myself and I find this site a god send!!! I lurked for ages until I finally joined and everyone has been so wonderful and there are a lot of folk here who have been there, done that, with this program so there is always advice and support to be had.
I love the soups, Mushroom. mmmmmmmmm. My favourite!! Everyone has different tastes so perhaps try the full suite of flavours and see what suits you best. You won't get the bars until later in the first week as you really need to be in Ketosis first but they are handy for when you are out and about.
Take care and the very best of luck!!!
Keep us informed of your progress!

Some powerful advice here on this thread John:)

Best of luck with starting your diet journey!

Love Mini xxx

Hi

All of the above and I cant stress enough about drinking your water. I really had problems in the first couple of weeks with it but it does keep the hunger at bay, I know drink it no problem and plus some.

Dont pick, dont start it I have and I have a terrible problem with it. i am loosing but I could be loosing more.

Exersice is fab and really gives you a boost, I have started swimming and I wish I had done it earlier.

I have a bar in the morning and either a chocolate or caramel shake made with hot water and a sweetner the rest of the time. It is like yummy drinking choc

Back