Starting ultra slim tomorrow so need help

As mentioned in my previouse post the ultra slim are not 135 cals per portion but 207 (if you use semi skimmed milk to make them up).

Therefore i allow 210 calories for each shake when calculating my calories consumed per day!

i would assume hungary that most people will be using skimmed milk but it does say on the website about using skimmed or semi-skimmed milk . i was using semi skimmed milk but have now switched to skimmed but have found that taste is not as good so for the sake of some extra cals will be using semi from now on :)

To help out the calories would be as follows (tesco ultra light strawberry)

Skimmed 207
Semi Skimmed 239.50
Full 287.00
Soya Milk 202.00

Well roughly depending on how big your scoop is etc

mmm so the soya milk looks like the best option then never tasted it.. has anyone tried sya milk whats it like?

I tried soya milk and loved it far more cremier tasting than ordinary milk and gave me less wind and bloating problems!

will have to get some and try it will pop out this evening and pick some up if it helps with the wind:eek: and bloating will be well worth got some really bad trapped wind at the mo so painful will take a windeaze when i get home from work

thanks hungray

Hi everyone just an update on today didnt have a shake today as didnt feel very well but stuck to my 1200 calories. will have a shake again tomorrow

Hi everyone just an update on today didnt have a shake today as didnt feel very well but stuck to my 1200 calories. will have a shake again tomorrow

Well done you! I only had one shake yesterday cos I fancied a bacon sandwich for lunch (dry fried bacon on "medium" sliced bread with tom sauce) which is about 330 cals so I dropped a snack as well to compensate. I personally think its ok to swop a shake sometimes if you really fancy something else.

I have also occasionally had an extra shake during the day to stop me massively overeating. It sounds odd but sometimes I have one before I go out for a meal - it stops me hitting the bread basket and overordering. With the Slimfast filling me up I have a better chance of ordering that salad instead of pizza and chips! Also I keep some in the car and if I'm coming home in the middle of the night and can feel Miss Millie's calling, I'll try to glug a Slimfast instead. I'd rather have 220 cals above my target than 1000 cals from a take away. Doesn't always work - I fall off the waggon sometimes but these are strategies I use when I can.

Have a good day. x

thanks Judith how are u getting on?

I'm okay thanks Roxy. Plan for today is:
11.30 shake
2pm shake or another bacon sandwich (still got some left in the packet!)
6pm spicy roast lamb (been marinating it since yesterday) with roast veg and some rosemary roast potatoes. I'm going through one of my cooking phases!
Poker game later so I'll have a pint of lager as a treat so will try not to have any snacks.

I'm not big on exercise sadly but so far this week is going pretty good. Its taken me 7 weeks to lose 15lbs cos I had a difficult couple of weeks in the middle so I hope I'm back on track now. But I only ever take one day at a time cos I know what I'm like. Hope you are getting on well. x

well have done not so bad today stuck to my 1200 calories but got awful tooth ache so no wanting to eat much. x

Last edited:
Hi Roxy. Hope you are having a good couple of days. I've had some successes and some failures tbh. Thurs I ended up having 2 1/2 pints of lager over 5 hrs. Just was really in the mood. And had a bag of crisps which I never do as I'm not that bothered about crisps or nuts. Yesterday I was at work and finished at 11pm. I really fancied a glass of wine when I got in but had a pint of squash instead - that was a success. I worked out about 1800 cals on Thurs and about 1500 yesterday. So not great but I was very wobbly on both days and tempted by every food I could think of. Keeping some control was an overall success I think. Today had 700 cals so far and feel a craving for pizza and beer - I think I was Homer Simpson in a former life. Will dig a ready meal out of the freezer and try to be good. x

aww roxy dont worry too much hun will you be starting afresh tomorrow? just pick your self up and start again im soo looking forward t my sunday dinner this evening just had a shake think it would be easier if weight loss was a bit quicker :) mine seems to take ages

:( cant believe this i weighed myself on thursday and i lost 1 pound i stepped on today and i have put on 2 pounds i really didnt think i had ate that bad i know i wasnt following my diet since thursday but 2 pound heavier :(:(:(

Hi Roxy,
Don't give up! Have you tried any other flavours in the Tesco range? I have tried the chocolate milkshake, which I really like and I sometimes add a shot of espresso to it. I also bought the cafe latte over the weekend and it is nice. However I bought the Hot Chocolate and it is disgusting! It really put me off but I am going to stick with the Cafe Latte and chocolate shake. I also found the shakes to be tastier when blended (rather than shaking them in a bottle). If you can find a flavour you like, stick with it. I haven't been counting the calories of my dinners too closely and have managed to lose 7lbs in 3 weeks. I have slipped up here and there but haven't given up. I am also trying to walk more. Stick with it and hopefully you can make a plan that will work for you.

i had 2 1/2 burgers and some fries from mac donalds this weekend (not having any since last year sort of crept up on me!) and i still managed to lose 2lb, and my daily calories were over. so there is hope!

Back