Starting weight training

ljackson

Hi folks I have been dieting and doing ok but I want to get rid of my excess fat, looks like a really good way is to lift weights. I start tomorrow can't wait. Lady at my gym is a bikini figure body builder omg she looks amazing. She isn't all muscles she has only 10% fat a stomach, bum and legs to die for and she is 45. I know this is the way forward for me I will weigh heavier but go down two more dress sizes. Bring it on can't wait. X

Good luck with it. I do a lot of Body Pump and find it affects my weight loss but the toning up is fab. I have the body of a greek goddess.....its just hidden under a layer of fat at the monent!!!!

Good luck, hope it went well today. It is meant to speed up your metabolism I think because you have more muscle needing more calories just to exist.

I have heard some wonderful stories it is the fastest way to loss fat and tone up. But I have been told to lift heavy to get the results and I won't look like a bloke which is what a lot of people think when you lift weights , lol. Well my 1st session was a killer and the weights heavy loved it, Nicky the figure bikini body builder as been great, she said all these classes Zumba etc don't really work,body pump does, but all exercise is good so I'm not knocking any exercise. Bu I do 20 mins on threadmill and 20 mins on cross trainer used HITT method. I was exhausted no rest for the wicked.

I agree that any exercise is better than no exercise. I've also been told that women shouldnt worry about bulking up as its not easy to do even if you want to. I do combat and spinning purely for calorie burning but pumps the one that makes me feel like I'm making a difference
Could you lift your arms etc ok the following day?

Back