starting xenical, food advice needed

Leilak

hi all

started today and lm unsure what to be eating, l know the general fat rule i.e 15g per day but would anyone have any sample daily menus or recipes would be great.....thanks a mil

Hi ya

Quick one. It is 15g per meal and 45g per day.

I love chicken filled with the very light soft cheese, and serve it with something like new potatoes and salad.

or a veggie lasagne (make your own tomato sauce) with a little low fat grated cheese on the top.

or chicken and mushroom pasta bake, using the campbells 99% fat free mushroom soup for the sauce.

and as well as the above ^^ it's also no more that 5g of fat per 100g food :D

I tend to eat a variety of low-fat ready meals, bulked up with extra veg or salad, as they don't fill me up enough on their own.

I also like stir-fry, with straight to wok noodles, or on its own with fish or chicken.
Mushroom risotto is another of my favourites, using an adapted weight watchers recipe, and I also eat low fat bolognese and chilli sometimes.

For things that contain mince, quorn is a good alternative, although you can get extra-lean mince in some supermarkets that is within the 5g/100g rule.

To be honest, most recipies you find can be adapted to fit within the xenical rules, it's just about being creative with your ingredients.
Use fry-light instead of oil, use quorn/extra lean mince instead of the cheapo stuff, laughing cows instead of real cheese, and that kind of thing.

Have a browse through the diary section as well, you're bound to find some good ideas, and get a feel for what other people are eating :)

Last edited:
Explain in Simple Terms

I was given Xenical last year but didn't really use it as it was never explained properly to me by my GP. I am going to give it another go as have lost 1 stone on Cambridge diet over last few weeks and want to keep going.

Can someone please explain to me how much fat you are allowed each day? Could you have things like jelly sweets - go a sweet tooth and realise chocolate fix will be a no no! How about alcohol - does having wine affect you badly?

Lots questions but hope you call all advise me.

you can have 15g per meal (x3 meals per day =45g)
look at the nurtitional values at the back of the packs as any foods that contain more than 5g per 100g of fat you should avoid...
:) hope this has helped

Rose, you need to make sure you don't go too mad with calories. Even though things don't have fat doesn't mean they won't put weight on you. sweets are fine as long as you don't have too many. Have a look at MyFitnessPal.com, free to join and if you input your details it will tell you how many calories you should have in a day if you want to lose weight.

thanks a million girls....u have all given me great tips there, this is a great forum for support as its great to know that we are all in the same boat, as l say ive only started on xenical so lm learning as l go, doc didn't give me a plan to follow so lm just doing my own.

Back